What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White House Correspondent's Dinner 2017 (1 Viewer)

Mr. Know-It-All

Footballguy
Nothing better on tv, so I happened to watch almost the entire thing.  Trump will erupt with a ###-storm of tweets after the Minhaj roasting, but dude was pretty funny.

Also found it interesting to listen to Bernstein and Woodward - and I really feel that if we had more reporters like them we would not find ourselves in the state we are currently in where journalism and info-tainment have been blurred.  Part of that comes from a point that Bernstein made - to be an effective journalist you need time.  Incrementally report on the best obtainable truth instead of speculating to try to report the whole story before it has been investigated.  Journalism should not be political, it should be reporting. What we have today from cable media is a battle between who can take the least time to investigate in order to report a "complete" story the fastest that supports an agenda as opposed to incremental reporting of the most obtainable truth.  Whether you like Woodward and Bernstein - we need more journalist who are investigative, not accusatory in nature.  If that investigation and research leads to necessary accusation then that is part of the process.

I hope our friends and CNN, Fox, MSNBC, OneAmericaNews, et al. were taking notes.  By resorting to 20-second sound bite infotainment instead of investigative reporting we are allowing poitical figures to dismiss journalism as "fake" news.  Get back to the basics and take that excuse away.

Nothing better on tv, so I happened to watch almost the entire thing.  Trump will erupt with a ###-storm of tweets after the Minhaj roasting, but dude was pretty funny.

Also found it interesting to listen to Bernstein and Woodward - and I really feel that if we had more reporters like them we would not find ourselves in the state we are currently in where journalism and info-tainment have been blurred.  Part of that comes from a point that Bernstein made - to be an effective journalist you need time.  Incrementally report on the best obtainable truth instead of speculating to try to report the whole story before it has been investigated.  Journalism should not be political, it should be reporting. What we have today from cable media is a battle between who can take the least time to investigate in order to report a "complete" story the fastest that supports an agenda as opposed to incremental reporting of the most obtainable truth.  Whether you like Woodward and Bernstein - we need more journalist who are investigative, not accusatory in nature.  If that investigation and research leads to necessary accusation then that is part of the process.

I hope our friends and CNN, Fox, MSNBC, OneAmericaNews, et al. were taking notes.  By resorting to 20-second sound bite infotainment instead of investigative reporting we are allowing poitical figures to dismiss journalism as "fake" news.  Get back to the basics and take that excuse away.
I just want the facts, not what the reporters themselves think about the facts.

cannot watch any of the fey wokesters who ruined The Daily Show without feeling a fury in my belly.

speaking of fury, i rode the press bus with the Apples & Germonds during the '76 campaign and they would have found the evaporation of ombundsmanship with entire wrath. i've never found anyone on FFA with whom it was worth discussing how hard they worked to keeping comprehension & comprehensiveness at godly levels but they would look at this world like a duchess watching ruffians smash her china closet - helpless & horrified.

cannot watch any of the fey wokesters who ruined The Daily Show without feeling a fury in my belly.

speaking of fury, i rode the press bus with the Apples & Germonds during the '76 campaign and they would have found the evaporation of ombundsmanship with entire wrath. i've never found anyone on FFA with whom it was worth discussing how hard they worked to keeping comprehension & comprehensiveness at godly levels but they would look at this world like a duchess watching ruffians smash her china closet - helpless & horrified.
Stewart made TDS, it wasn't much before him but at least it was about being funny, now it's about being overly serious.

Jack Germond lived and breathed in a time of literacy and serious journalism, I don't think he would have advanced in this telegenic age in the first place, which is very sad but also the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread