What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Name Ten Better American Bands Than The Ramones -- Please, I Need Laughter (1 Viewer)

Rush
Van Halen
Styx
Metallica
Beach Boys
Aerosmith
CCR
Blue Oyster Cult
Eagles
Foo Fighters

Need more?
The Foo Fighters? They don't exist without the Ramones. Rush is Canadian. Styx? Aerosmith?  

:lmao:

Metallica is better than the Ramones?

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada is part of America, wise guy. :P

Bands better those who influenced them all the time. This idea that "Band A wouldn't exist without Band B, therefore Band B is automatically better" is ridiculous. 

Canada is part of America, wise guy. :P

Bands better those who influenced them all the time. This idea that "Band A wouldn't exist without Band B, therefore Band B is automatically better" is ridiculous. 
Band A and its audience wouldn't exist. Bullticky.  :D

So then, Chuck Berry is the best rock guitarist because no guitarist that came after him would exist without him, right? 

Can someone give me a working definition of a band?  Or tell me if these are bands:

- Four Tops

- Isley Brothers

- Jackson 5

- Simon and Garfunkel 

Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, CCR, The Roots, The Dead, Talking Heads, Bruce, Beck, NWA, Wilco, Nine Inch Nails, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Prince, Tribe Called Quest, Metallica

Someone named The Beach Boys; I'll probably agree with that.

I'm going to add Big Star.

After that... :shrug:

Music is subjective obviously and The Ramones are one of the titans of their genre and one of the best American bands.  I wouldn't have a problem with anyone if they said the following bands were better:

The Doors

CCR

Pearl Jam

Aerosmith

Beach Boys

Guns N Roses

The Grateful Dead

R.E.M.

Bruce Springsteen

Metallica

Maybe Nirvana. Maybe The Allman Brothers. I'm sure there's some country bands that would get some love. 

ETA: That being said....The Ramones are above a lot of those bands on an Iconic American Band Mount Rushmore.

Ramones are top ten, regardless.  
Top ten...loudest, perhaps.  I saw them in 1988. Three minutes into their set...and I was running as though my mullet was on fire to the bathroom so I could grab a wad of tp for each of my ears (they were preparing to detach themselves from the sides of my head...sprout legs...and run for the nearest exit).  I was relieved to find that I only missed about eight songs in the three minutes it took me to accomplish some relief.  FWIW....only Bad Brains...a few years later...ranks higher on my 'loudest concert' list. Anywho...I'll posit they're a good band...but many (like Bad Brains) are better.

Beastie Boys 

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Van Halen

Nirvana 

Pearl Jam

Weezer

CAKE

Social Distortion

Cage the Elephant 

Kings of Leon

ETA : forgot to add Green Day, they would be #1