What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sofa Bed Sleeper Sofa (1 Viewer)

matuski

Footballguy
Anyone have recommendations here?

I'm looking at crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn.. but I have no idea if there is something better out there.

Priority 1 would be mattress (comfort).  Couldn't care less about how it looks (to a point).

What is the most comfortable sleeper sofa or sofa bed out there?

is this for the very occasional guest purpose only? 

I've found sofa-beds not as comfortable for the regular sofa purposes, and certainly not so great as beds. I'd lean towards davinci in saying that a decent inflatable airmattress has more than covered our needs for adult guests, with kids crashing on the sofa as needed.

that said, our interiors dept typically gets a sofabed for clients (usually for the nanny if there isn't room for staff quarters). that said again- I doubt any of us would afford what our interior's dept is selling.

matuski said:
Why do you say this?

I've slept on a handful of sofa bads and a couple were awesome.  Wish I had noted what they were.
Awesome if you think sleeping on a balance beam would be awesome.

gonna disagree. for college they were fine- but not comfortable for me as a sofa at all... passable as a one or two night mattress to sleep on I suppose.
They make some pretty nice stuff now with a wide variety of mattress selections. 

Also why would you want anyone in your house for more than two nights? 

the opposite was my point- I don't want a less comfortable sofa in my place the rest of the time if a have a choice. 
The reason I am after it is to leave the rest of the room open for other uses the rest of the time.  If I can achieve that with a semi comfortable sleeping arrangement for guests, this would be ideal.

I won't expect to be sitting on a sofa in a guest bedroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I am after it is to leave the rest of the room open for other uses the rest of the time.  If I can achieve that with a semi comfortable sleeping arrangement for guests, this would be ideal.

I won't expect to be sitting on a sofa in a guest bedroom.
get a load of the king in his castle... guest room

I think we use C&B for out of the way places- so can't be that bad. another option is to get a day-bed and buy pillows.cushions to put against the wall.

We have a quality sofa sectional that has a queen mattress. The mattress is actually an air mattress built in (was $100 extra) and it's amazing. Just like sleeping on a comfortable bed and no one even knows it's a sleeper when on the sofa itself. 

It's possible but it's not cheap.

We have a quality sofa sectional that has a queen mattress. The mattress is actually an air mattress built in (was $100 extra) and it's amazing. Just like sleeping on a comfortable bed and no one even knows it's a sleeper when on the sofa itself. 

who makes this?

Key info left out.. brand/model?

My only recommendation is to roll with the "fold-down" sofa as opposed to the old-fashioned "pull-out" version. It's still not going to be as comfortable as a real bed, but you'll have better "mattress" support and less cross-beam-in-the-back pain.

I actually bought a fold down a few years back. Seems to work great but I can't remember the make/model. Just know I bought it at some moderny furniture store. Can't remember price but it was less than $1k. 

Something kind of like this (to give you an idea of how it works). No specific recommendation on that model (an image just popped up when I Googled).

Good luck.

How about one of those beds in the wall like on that old tv show?  Oh the hilarity that would ensue when they tried to pull the bed down and sleep in it.

Users who are viewing this thread