What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Zuckerberg, just a totally normal noncandidate doing normal noncandidate things (1 Viewer)

This feels as forced as Chelsea Clinton's political career.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Like America would ever elect some rich dude with ZERO qualifications.
But clearly Zuckerberg is a shrewd businessman and negotiator.  I mean, he stole the intellectual property from his peers and is batting 1.000 at making a company great.  Imagine what he'd do with our economy and no way he takes any crap from another country!

I read he started (probably pretending) to believe in religion. 

Maybe he really is thinking about running. 

Yeah, heaven forbid a potential political candidate actually go out and engage with people with different life experiences than his own.

Yeah, heaven forbid a potential political candidate actually go out and engage with people with different life experiences than his own.
You're right about that and there is nothing wrong with it.  However, there is a fine line between wanting to know other life experiences and only doing it because it's a required step for public office.

I'm not sure how I feel about this at the moment.

You're right about that and there is nothing wrong with it.  However, there is a fine line between wanting to know other life experiences and only doing it because it's a required step for public office.

I'm not sure how I feel about this at the moment.
Of course he has to for the optics but it's unfair to paint him with a shade of cynicism for that. He's out there, right now and that's a good thing. It already shows far more sincerity than our current President ever did so I'm okay with it and won't try to make projections about what is in his heart.

I'm not sure about him as a candidate either. But we have entered a new phase of political action in America and I find him interesting enough to pay attention to.

On a serious note, he may have trouble with his ethos.  Just why exactly does he want to be president?

Trump consistently said for decades that he felt Washington was broken and inept, and that he is a guy that can get things done, and that's what he wants to do as president.  Get things done.  

Zuckerberg seems to argue that his expertise is in global communication, and that being America first is more isolationist in nature and not good for the nation.  How does that win votes in the great lakes?    Voters there will see Zuckerberg as a California elite that doesn't connect with midwestern values.  If he runs, I'd expect a challenge from a democrat that tries to embrace midwestern values.

When LBJ signed the Civil Rights act, he said  "There goes the South".  When democrats elected Obama, they might have just as well said "There goes the Great Lakes".  

Zuckerberg would be picking up a damaged brand.  Many voters view the democrats as racist against whites, anti-gun, and anti-police, and anti-borders.  These are powerful negatives.  A lot of whites in the great lakes view the democrat party a joke - a party that wants to take away guns, open the borders, take away cops so there is lawlessness, and punish white people.   What makes it worse is the polls get skewed by the fact that democrats are packed into small regions of the country, so when you run national polls, it looks like the democrats are competitive, but if you look state by state its a disaster.    There are massive headwinds.  

On a serious note, he may have trouble with his ethos.  Just why exactly does he want to be president?

Trump consistently said for decades that he felt Washington was broken and inept, and that he is a guy that can get things done, and that's what he wants to do as president.  Get things done.  

Zuckerberg seems to argue that his expertise is in global communication, and that being America first is more isolationist in nature and not good for the nation.  How does that win votes in the great lakes?    Voters there will see Zuckerberg as a California elite that doesn't connect with midwestern values.  If he runs, I'd expect a challenge from a democrat that tries to embrace midwestern values.

When LBJ signed the Civil Rights act, he said  "There goes the South".  When democrats elected Obama, they might have just as well said "There goes the Great Lakes".  
yeah, obama really sucked there in 2012.

Except Obama dominated the great lakes in 2 elections?

2016 was all about Hillary being a terrible candidate. 

Heaven forbid we poke fun at obvious posturing by an insulated billionaire whose only known political motivation is that we should expand internet access to poor countries so he can sell their stuff to advertisers too.  

Heaven forbid we poke fun at obvious posturing by an insulated billionaire whose only known political motivation is that we should expand internet access to poor countries so he can sell their stuff to advertisers too.  
How do you know his motivation? Maybe he is just concerned about the political direction of our country and recognizes that he is in a position to have a positive impact.

And considering who is now occupying the White House and the number of executive orders that have been signed, and intimidation tactics being used to roll back health care, that specifically enrich his political allies/cronies it is a bit unfair to try and knock Zuckerberg for hanging out in churches and fire houses.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know his motivation? Maybe he is just as concerned about the political direction of our country and recognizes that he is in a position to have a positive impact.
Because I actually read his facebook posts.  If you look at them you'll see a lot of language about things being "open" and "connected."  Expanding internet access to the entire world (which I think is a good thing) is great, but not so you can datamine the entirety of civilization.  

And considering who is now occupying the White House and the number of executive orders that have been signed, and intimidation tactics being used to roll back health care, that specifically enrich his political allies/cronies it is a bit unfair to try and knock Zuckerberg for hanging out in churches and fire houses.
That doesn't seem relevant to this thread at all.  Or any political thread that doesn't revolve around Trump.  If your beef is with that and you don't take an interest in Zuckerberg's preshilling phase then go post in a Trump thread.  

Users who are viewing this thread