What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Virgil Sollozzo (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
In the end, he was too ambitious for his own good. He needed to mind his own business and enjoy his veal.

Should have gone back to Sonny and done it under the Old Man's nose.  Sonny was game, he should have known better. 

He deserved what he got, dirty Turk.

Vito was fighting the inevitable. Turk got a bad rap but he had bad instincts agreeing to the dinner. Virgil should have started small, with weed. Go from 0 to heroin?  

God, I love this scene...the tension is so very palatable, especially in the eye "contact" between Michael & Sollozzo.

Never a trust a Turk who can speak Sicilian dialect, or an Irishman who eats veal.

He's still alive. They hit him with five shots and he's still alive. Well that's bad luck for me, and bad luck for you. Goodbye Tom, I'm sorry ...

Sollozzo should've hit Sonny first, instead of the old man - that marble mouthed #### and his ##### greenhorn consigliere would've folded like a dollar store card chair w/out Sonny's muscle. 

Kafka said:
God, I love this scene...the tension is so very palatable, especially in the eye "contact" between Michael & Sollozzo.

Never a trust a Turk who can speak Sicilian dialect, or an Irishman who eats veal.
He was Sicilian. They called him the Turk because he grew the poppy in Turkey.

And he did everything right. Just bad luck the Don was still alive. They shot him 4 times!

He seems so implausible. What's the deal. Did Vito see him as a conduit to legitimacy or was he really father Flanagan 
Sonny Corleone befriends 11-year-old Tom, who was living on the street after running away from an orphanage. When Sonny brings Tom home and demands he be taken in, the Corleone family allowed him to stay. Hagen considers Vito his true father, though Vito never formally adopts Tom, believing it disrespectful to Hagen's deceased parents. After law school, Hagen wanted to work in the Corleone business. His non-Italian ancestry precludes his formal membership into the mafia family but when consigliere Genco Abbandando dies, Hagen is given his position. This results in the other New York families derisively calling the Corleones, "The Irish Gang."

He seems so implausible. What's the deal. Did Vito see him as a conduit to legitimacy or was he really father Flanagan
Tom Hagen was more of a gangster in the book. Vito didn't see him as a conduit to legitimacy, but a conduit to more sophisticated methods of organized crime.

"He's supposed to be very good with a knife, but only in matters of business or some sort of reasonable complaint." I love that this is meant to depict him as a reasoned individual - he deftly carves people up, but only if there's a passable excuse.

"He's supposed to be very good with a knife, but only in matters of business or some sort of reasonable complaint." I love that this is meant to depict him as a reasoned individual - he deftly carves people up, but only if there's a passable excuse.
like Presidents and Senators don't have people killed? who's the naive one now? ??

Users who are viewing this thread