What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Priorities in Dispersal (1 Viewer)

spmcdermott

Footballguy
About to do a dispersal with two other teams. PPR league and here are some of the top targets to draft. I need help prioritizing ranking these:

AJ Green

Dez

Michael Thomas

Gurley (next best RB is Marshawn and Ameer, terrible RBs in the dispersal)

Do you pick first or second?

Since the RBs are trash, you won't be able to improve them without a trade. If you pick first from highest to lowest... Gurley, 1.01 (Fournette), Green, Dez, Thomas, 1.06. 

I would guessing 1.06 is the last pick of those. The worst situation is you end up with Gurley, 1.01 and 1.06. Luckily you make the talent cut off at #6 but Cook could be the guy you're left with and he went to a terrible situation for his running style. And Gurley struggled last year and Fournette should be alright but his passing game role is not clear. Which is extremely important in PPR. If you're shaky at RB and don't have good WRs you're going to be bad for awhile.

So is if you have second pick (or whatever equates to having the sixth/last pick at these), I would prioritize 3 WRs available then 1.01, Gurley, 1.06. I put 1.01 over Gurley in this situation because I think the picks trade value (on draft day only!) will be higher. Then you try to move back to 1.03 and take the whoever is remaining of Fournette, Davis and Williams. 

We are waiting for the last guy to pay to begin the dispersal draft. I'm not sure if I pick first, second or third. 

Immediate impact obviously the established guys would be the ones the prioritize first but like you said, 1.01 holds major cards closer to draft day and I could turn that into more and trade down/acquire other picks and players. Little nervous not a lot of chatter on league site and all the other teams still have all their original picks this year. Makes me think not a lot of trades go down.  

Good eye by seeing your league mates holding their picks. I misread that there is 3 other people drafting. Wow that's a bunch of crappy teams for there to be that little available from 3 teams. 

Now it's easy because if you only get 2. I'd go Green, Thomas, Dez, Fournette, Gurley, 1.06. 

Fournette over Gurley because Jax at least has something that looks like a passing game. Gurley has to do everything himself, which is impossible. 

I'm not trying to be cute here but really a good starting point would be to go to the tools here and print off the dynasty rankings as a starting guide.  

My only other advice is I would always draft best player available and not worry about team needs by position.  These dispersal teams will be weak enough that they won't be contending for a title anyway.  From there you can trade to build going forward.

Second update: went with 1.01 hoping third guy would take Gurley and either Dez or AJ leaving me with WR left from those two. He went both WR so ended up with 1.01 and Gurley. Could be worse. Now hoping next swing guy doesn't take 1.06

Users who are viewing this thread