What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fournette for A.J. Green? (1 Viewer)

Lord of the Rings

Footballguy
12 Team Non-PPR

An owner in my league has Gordon and Martin as RB but not much else. He is also a Jacksonville homer. I'm thinking of dangling Fournette (whom I took at 1.01) for A.J. Green. He's not real deep at WR (Green, Cobb, Edelman, Jeffery, M. Thomas-NO) so he might not be interested at all. If you were the Green owner, would you be tempted by Fournette, or am I using the JAX angle too much.

I would not be tempted if I was the Green owner. That being said, you see bad offers accepted all the time. It doesnt hurt to ask. 

I wouldn't be accepting that deal to give up Green but you never know what other people will go for.  Float it out there at least to see how interested he may be for Fournette and go from there.

I think it's fair enough to consider.  If I am a Jags guy and a bit weak and want to start looking at cashing in AJ Green before he is 30 I might bite or this might at least entice me enough to make a counter offer.

I agree with Warhogs. It is worth considering. Green is reaching 30 years old quick and it could open up larger talks. 

Thanks for the input everyone. I made the offer and he accepted it within minutes. So fast it made me wonder if I could have gotten more. But Green is mine. I feel good about it. 

Non-PPR I would take Fournette with no hesitation. And I say that as someone who drafted Green as a rookie in both my dynasties and have held him this whole time.

Non-PPR I would take Fournette with no hesitation. And I say that as someone who drafted Green as a rookie in both my dynasties and have held him this whole time.
My thoughts as well. Non-PPR makes all the difference. If you believe in Fournette, hard not to cash in Green for a guy just beginning his career after reaping years of productivity from AJ.

I like Green here by a decent margin. He's a proven elite player, and likely has 3-4 more elite seasons left in him. Fournette is no sure thing in my opinion, really nobody in this draft is.

this is a trade the Fournette recipient won't ever really feel that bad about.  Fournette will hold solid value for 1-2 years even if he's somewhat of a bust.  So if after this season you aren't comfortable with him you trade him for good value.  If he pans out his value will shoot through the roof.

Aj Green is going to start losing value no matter what he does due to age.  in 2 years when he's 32 his value will basically be plummeting. 

Agreed. I think now is the time to be moving somebody like Green. His value is going to take a big hit next summer when he turns 30 and getting someone like Fournette is a great return. 

Users who are viewing this thread