What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 SSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/17476#0

League password should be fbgssl1, you'll have your owned MFL password.  Edit your franchise info if you want e-mail notices.

The draft had already "started" when I setup this league so I couldn't change the draft order for all rounds.  The first three rounds have been done.  I'll either work n it latter or someone can jump in a help.

I'll pm the next four up.

GD it... I always forget how much I hate navigating MFL. So I logged in as commish, clicked "become commish", set my password, linked my franchise... it says I'm logged in, but it won't let me make a draft pick. I've set Antonio Brown as my predraft selection for round 1, pick 1.02, yet... nothing. It says I'm on the clock and my guy is predrafted... Not sure wtf I'm doing wrong. In the past, it used to not allow you to predraft if you were on the clock - it would give you the option to make a pick. That option isn't present. But even so, if you're on the clock with a player predrafted, it should select that player.

TL;DR - sorry for the hold up. I see no end in sight.

GD it... I always forget how much I hate navigating MFL. So I logged in as commish, clicked "become commish", set my password, linked my franchise... it says I'm logged in, but it won't let me make a draft pick. I've set Antonio Brown as my predraft selection for round 1, pick 1.02, yet... nothing. It says I'm on the clock and my guy is predrafted... Not sure wtf I'm doing wrong. In the past, it used to not allow you to predraft if you were on the clock - it would give you the option to make a pick. That option isn't present. But even so, if you're on the clock with a player predrafted, it should select that player.

TL;DR - sorry for the hold up. I see no end in sight.
I fixed it.  

How did you do it? So I can rectify it myself next time.
It wasn't a "you" issue.  When I upgraded the league to 2017 it imported the 2016 draft start time.  That hosed a bunch of things.  Pick one had expired, the order couldn't be reset, and it wasn't recognizing the new order.  I deleted the old draft event and entered a new draft event.

It wasn't a "you" issue.  When I upgraded the league to 2017 it imported the 2016 draft start time.  That hosed a bunch of things.  Pick one had expired, the order couldn't be reset, and it wasn't recognizing the new order.  I deleted the old draft event and entered a new draft event.
Whew. I was feeling pretty incompetent there.

I am able to login as my username, but not able to link to my team name once I am logged in. I will be out of pocket for an hour or so and will attempt again once I get home.

In and drafted...thanks BnB!
hey SL....for some reason when I click on the link it has me linked with your team through my account (sumthin nasty)....probably in the conversion it kept some of the crossover info from guys who are no longer in SSL1 (like me) when we got replaced.....this is probably also why other guys are having problems (teams are already linked with other guys even if bass changed the name)... I'm kind of bored and pissed I'm not drafting in this one so you should probably try to undo me from your account or I might try and start ####### with your draft when I start drinking....

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmm....I clicked that link above and I was logged in as BSS...could even try to pick for him!

Don't see my name in 1 though....did I get moved?

I am able to login as my username, but not able to link to my team name once I am logged in. I will be out of pocket for an hour or so and will attempt again once I get home.
no e-mail address attached to you on their, is that why? bss doesn't have one either, so it could be that

oz/    Old Milwaukee/snellman/arron also don't have one

Give me Jordy Nelson WR Packers

i do have an email address connected to my MFL login but could not use that either.

Has everyone set up the "wireless" section? I humbly suggest setting it for text messages for when you're on the clock. 

To get to it click on "for owners" then "franchise setup" then "wireless" and click on the box for "notify when I'm on the clock" or something like that. Click on the box to get a validation code and hit submit. Then go back, enter the validation code, and submit again.

The other option is to sign up for e-mails when you're on the clock under the "contact info" tab in the same "franchise setup" page. 

Somehow this has become my risk taking team.  Gronk's health, cam returning to 2015, crowder developing, RBs from horrible teams, and a "conditionally reinstated" receiver.  Could be good or could crash quick.

It's surprising that no qb was taken between 5.01 and 6.07, iirc that was usually the time they would come off the board. 

Somehow this has become my risk taking team.  Gronk's health, cam returning to 2015, crowder developing, RBs from horrible teams, and a "conditionally reinstated" receiver.  Could be good or could crash quick.

It's surprising that no qb was taken between 5.01 and 6.07, iirc that was usually the time they would come off the board. 
I was thinking the same about the QBs (I actually thought my browser did not refresh).  I traditionally go 2RBs and 3WRs with my first five picks in this draft, and I tend to wait and wing it on QB by taking 3 of them later.  Ton of quality still there; I wonder if the Dak/Matt Ryan success of last year has people waiting.

I was thinking the same about the QBs (I actually thought my browser did not refresh).  I traditionally go 2RBs and 3WRs with my first five picks in this draft, and I tend to wait and wing it on QB by taking 3 of them later.  Ton of quality still there; I wonder if the Dak/Matt Ryan success of last year has people waiting.
Manning and Cousins were too much value for me to pass so I added them to Big Ben.  May have been a huge mistake.

The smallish difference in expected production between QB 10 and QB 24 is such that it is difficult to pull the trigger on a QB early. While I suspect that BassNBrew probably overspent, he should have an advantage at QB over most, if not all other teams. The act of taking three QBs that early could force others to follow suit, leaving value for him at other positions. It is really difficult to be disciplined in 16-team drafts when the perception is that a position run is beginning, due to the potential disaster that a certain position could be completely plundered in between subsequent picks.

It sure makes these early survivors that much more interesting when someone attempts to force an issue by taking a substantial risk as he did.

Hey, now. Wait just a minute. Ive been doing these since damn near the beginning and I dont recall ever seeing someone take 3 qb because IIRC its not allowed unless theres been a rule change I missed. I did some pretty serious draft altering calculus passing on qb for tyrell williams at 6.6 over a qb and now it looks like im getting screwed.

2qb 4rb 5wr 2te 2d/st 2pk and 1 rb/wr/te, as far back as 8 can remember.

Which isn't  saying much...so what gives?

Hey, now. Wait just a minute. Ive been doing these since damn near the beginning and I dont recall ever seeing someone take 3 qb because IIRC its not allowed unless theres been a rule change I missed. I did some pretty serious draft altering calculus passing on qb for tyrell williams at 6.6 over a qb and now it looks like im getting screwed.

Not a rule people been taking 3qbs and 3defs 3tes alwayz

The smallish difference in expected production between QB 10 and QB 24 is such that it is difficult to pull the trigger on a QB early. While I suspect that BassNBrew probably overspent, he should have an advantage at QB over most, if not all other teams. The act of taking three QBs that early could force others to follow suit, leaving value for him at other positions. It is really difficult to be disciplined in 16-team drafts when the perception is that a position run is beginning, due to the potential disaster that a certain position could be completely plundered in between subsequent picks.

It sure makes these early survivors that much more interesting when someone attempts to force an issue by taking a substantial risk as he did.
My initial suspicion was that the advantage of 3 good-to-great QBs at a start-1 position would be marginal vs. having just 2. On a lark, I went back 3 years and looked at the weekly best-ball score for a pair of low-end top-10 QBs (I used each combination from QB5-QB9, so ten total), and the incremental benefit of adding a 3rd QB in the QB11-16 range to each of those pairs:

2016 - Range of 33-55 added points, average 40.9 (2.4 ppg)

2015 - Range of 25-81 added points, average 39.4 (2.3 ppg)

2014 - Range of 29-88 added points, average 39.8 (2.3 ppg)

That's ... pretty underwhelming, especially compared to the opportunity cost of that 7th-rounder.

As to the domino effect ... IMO that'll probably be pretty limited because this league format pretty narrowly constrains rosterable QB demand (I don't get penalized if my backup QB isn't a Week 1 starter, and if I like living on the wild side, I don't even need to draft one at all).

But enough from me! Let's get an opinion from someone with experience on the matter ...  :lmao:

I tried this last year with Brees/Newton/Kap and flamed out early.

My initial suspicion was that the advantage of 3 good-to-great QBs at a start-1 position would be marginal vs. having just 2. On a lark, I went back 3 years and looked at the weekly best-ball score for a pair of low-end top-10 QBs (I used each combination from QB5-QB9, so ten total), and the incremental benefit of adding a 3rd QB in the QB11-16 range to each of those pairs:

2016 - Range of 33-55 added points, average 40.9 (2.4 ppg)

2015 - Range of 25-81 added points, average 39.4 (2.3 ppg)

2014 - Range of 29-88 added points, average 39.8 (2.3 ppg)

That's ... pretty underwhelming, especially compared to the opportunity cost of that 7th-rounder.

As to the domino effect ... IMO that'll probably be pretty limited because this league format pretty narrowly constrains rosterable QB demand (I don't get penalized if my backup QB isn't a Week 1 starter, and if I like living on the wild side, I don't even need to draft one at all).

But enough from me! Let's get an opinion from someone with experience on the matter ...  :lmao:

I tried this last year with Brees/Newton/Kap and flamed out early.
Like I said, likely a mistake.  I think I'll do better this year because the guys I took have shown a tendency to post huge TD games and should be up at the top of the league in attempts.  There's a good chance I push 100 TDs at the position, just need them spread out.

Where I screwed up was taking Roth at the 4/5 turn.  I didn't want to risk a run (like occurred in the WSLs) leaving me with nothing but Geoff/Freeman at the 6/7.  I didn't see a WR that stood out and had numerous guys in the same tier.  Figured with a decent number of QBs taken over the next 30 picks I'd have a shot at one of those guys. They all went so I just went with the BPA philosophy.

Thanks for the data and thoughts Mr. Ir.

I don't recall any position limits in these. If you want 20 RB, have at it. 

As far as the benefit of forcing the issue, he did succeed there as this round has been dominated by Quarterbacks. I was hoping for one of Rivers or Manning, but that went by the wayside far before my turn approached. As for my selection of Tannehill, I hope that year two with Gase is that leap forward that I have been waiting on for several years with Tannehill. My squad thus far is a bye week tragedy.

Maybe you are thinking Anarchy's leagues, where there are two max team quarterbacks. The trio drafting has long been allowed and often happens with QBs, TEs and DSTs.

Users who are viewing this thread