What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another 1.01 question (1 Viewer)

spmcdermott

Footballguy
Drafted 1.01 in a dispersal and rest of team is terrible. Not a lot in this dispersal. So far I've got:

RB: Gurley, Marshawn, J Stew

WR: Diggs, Cobb, Marquise Lee

1.01, 2.08, 2.10, 2018 2nd and 3rd from other team

I want to trade 1.01 but can't decide for what is equal value or what to look for. I need help everywhere. What is acceptable for 1.01 trade?

I received an offer of Cousins, Landry and future 1st for 1.01 but turned it down. Guy said I won't get better than that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wouldn't have moved the 1.01 for that either. Is this PPR? If you can get a top 5 pick + a good player, that's probably what I'd aim for, but the league setup and dynamics can affect whether that's possible to a large degree. I'd also look in to packaging one of the WRs or maybe Marshawn (though his value will be low) with the 1.01 to pick up a slightly later pick (I'd go no further than 1.05, personally) and a better WR or RB. 

That is not a good offer. Qb's have very little value in 12 team leagues. 

I would try to trade down and get a 2018 first.  Maybe 1.4 and 18 1st for 1.1 and 2.10.  Next years firsts are the best way to rebuild. I would trade down as many times as I could get an 18 first. 

Drafted 1.01 in a dispersal and rest of team is terrible. Not a lot in this dispersal. So far I've got:

RB: Gurley, Marshawn, J Stew

WR: Diggs, Cobb, Marquise Lee

1.01, 2.08, 2.10, 2018 2nd and 3rd from other team

I want to trade 1.01 but can't decide for what is equal value or what to look for. I need help everywhere. What is acceptable for 1.01 trade?

I received an offer of Cousins, Landry and future 1st for 1.01 but turned it down. Guy said I won't get better than that. 
If that's true then you'll be using the 1.01 yourself. 

That's not a good offer. 

Agreed with the above.  I saw your other post and I'm not sure I would have taken the pick over AJ Green but it's close enough and in a dispersal you will be fine going the route you did.  Frankly, with those bad offers just go ahead and draft with 1.01.  The guys you will want to move are Marshawn and Stewart (I don't see the sense in drafting Stewart honestly). I would think that if you can find a contender that needs a RB you might be able to get a pretty nice deal for Lynch.  If not, focus on adding the pieces with the highest dynasty value and be patient.  You don't have to construct your roster in a day.  Lynch should net you a nice pick eventually in 2017 or 2018.

I tried getting 1.03/1.08/1.10 from one owner who also has 1.02/1.12 and he declined the 1.01. Wasn't interested in moving up and is rebuilding. 

Another team has 1.04/1.09/1.11 would that be enough for 1.01? Or swap 1.11 for future 1st?

That is not a good offer. Qb's have very little value in 12 team leagues. 

I would try to trade down and get a 2018 first.  Maybe 1.4 and 18 1st for 1.1 and 2.10.  Next years firsts are the best way to rebuild. I would trade down as many times as I could get an 18 first. 
I am not sure I totally agree with this.  I do think acquiring future assets are helpful but I would rather go after younger NFL players that are now getting a starting shot or have changed scenery to a better role that you think will take a step forward.  I would also agree that trading current year picks for upgrades in future years (future 1sts is a good strategy) however, trading the 1.01 this year for a future first that you don't know where it will be is not the best idea.  As you get closer to the rookie draft that 1.01 pick will rise in value and someone desperate to get their guy will be willing to offer more for it than you are getting offered right now.  I would hold tight and see if someone develops a love for that first pick.  That's where you will get a good return on that investment. 

From a value perspective, it's not a bad offer (fair IMO)... However, I would not take it.  I agree with Gally that I would wait it out as your rookie draft gets closer.  Then field offers and see if one knocks your socks off.

I am not sure I totally agree with this.  I do think acquiring future assets are helpful but I would rather go after younger NFL players that are now getting a starting shot or have changed scenery to a better role that you think will take a step forward.  I would also agree that trading current year picks for upgrades in future years (future 1sts is a good strategy) however, trading the 1.01 this year for a future first that you don't know where it will be is not the best idea.  As you get closer to the rookie draft that 1.01 pick will rise in value and someone desperate to get their guy will be willing to offer more for it than you are getting offered right now.  I would hold tight and see if someone develops a love for that first pick.  That's where you will get a good return on that investment. 
I am saying trade down. So you get a pick in 2018 plus a pick this year.  Obviously it has be a decent deal. The problem many teams run into is being stuck in the middle. If this team takes Fournette they could very well end up at 5 or so in 2017. That is a bad place to be. It is very hard to get out of the middle in a dynasty league. I am a proponent of the SIxers rebuild model. If you can't compete for a title get as many assets as possible and stay bad for a year or two. You can get a very high pick without tanking when all your assets are wrapped up in picks. Just how I do it. 

I tried getting 1.03/1.08/1.10 from one owner who also has 1.02/1.12 and he declined the 1.01. Wasn't interested in moving up and is rebuilding. 

Another team has 1.04/1.09/1.11 would that be enough for 1.01? Or swap 1.11 for future 1st?
I don't think I'd give 3 1sts to move up 3 spots. If you can get it, sure, do it. 

Users who are viewing this thread