What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official "Big Baller Brand" Thread (1 Viewer)

I just spent 700 dollars on a pair of shoes and sandals but now we can't eat dinner this month. 

Company will be a bankrupt as dad's moral code by 2018.   And kid will go broke trying to fund it.  Every major shoe brand passed because the old man is such a psycho.

Does this type of stuff affect his draft status? 
Probably not. I would be more worried about how his old man said he will only play for the lakers. It should be obvious to a smaller market team that there is almost zero chance he would be there for the long haul. 

Man, lavar is REALLY lucky that the first kid is the good one.

Kid # 2 is a chubby cherry picking chucker and #3 is turning into a side show. (Has talent but he's learning mountains of bad habits and actively avoids playing defense)

I'd bet that Lavar pulls liangelo out of UCLA in December due to lack of PT and lamelo ends up elsewhere when it's time for college

Last edited by a moderator:
Lavar has been on with Lebatard for like an hour. He's entertaining, if nothing else. However it probably only serves to stoke the intensity with which the NBA players will be "happy to welcome" Lonzo to the league.

I'm shocked that middle age white guys aren't interested in the latest NBA player hyped shoes. I hope the lack of interest in this thread doesn't hurt the company's outlook. 

Will be interesting to watch how quickly this business ends.  If I ever see someone wearing anything from these guys I am going to laugh my ### off and call them a sucker

Now let me just say I think this is absolutely a joke. I respect the fact the guy wants to start his own brand or whatever but he basically just screwed his kid out of millions in a sneaker deal with Nike .  If you're going to start a sneaker company then make your first product be in the hundred dollar range and then maybe offer something exclusive higher up. The other key thing is these don't ship until after November.

That being said the sports collector in me, looks at the ones that are in the lighted case and signed and goes  Hmmm...

But part of me is really hoping this guy gets drafted by NJ or Sacramento. Please let the ping-pong balls fall that way and the Lakers drop to 3 or 4  or better yet, let them get one and take Fultz. I really want to see the dad's head explode. 

ESPN bottom line - Lavar Ball said he can't comment at this time . 

Surprised that didn't send him into convulsions 

If the arrest holds up and the UCLA trio is convicted, Ball, Hill and Riley could face harsh punishment in a country that is renewed for its zero tolerance penal code. Shoplifting in China carries a minimum sentence of three years in prison and a maximum sentence of a decade, according to the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China.

“I would say they could be in quite a bit of trouble if they have solid proof that they shoplifted,”William Nee, a researcher who works in the Chinese justice system for Amnesty International, told Yahoo Sports. “However, part of it will depend on whether their lawyers, the university, or the U.S. consulate can advocate and negotiate on their behalf.”

God kids are just really REALLY dumb.

LiAngelo drives a Ferrari but he feels the need to shop lift what I'm sure was something really stupid from some store in China.

edit: Looks like they stole something from a Christian Louboutin store. So, yeah,it was something stupid.  Risking 10 years in prison for a $2,400 backpack when your brother is a multi-millionaire....

UCLA had to leave the three players arrested in the hotel while the rest of the team travelled to Shanghai.  Players are confined to the hotel until the legal process is over.

BIG mistake by these guys.   

By the way, these are not "kids" they are college age adults who think they're entitled. If you are dumb enough to commit a crime & even more stupid to do it in a foreign country, you deserve what you get. But yet again there are those that don't want the little snowflakes to pay for what they did, just give them excuses. Oh.they're young kids boo hoo. No wonder kids in this country are the way they are.

It is weird. Chinese prison isn't American prison. They're going to go through hell because they were dumb kids. 
They are currently confined to their hotel.  I suspect this will be resolved with a few Big Baller shoes (or cash equivalent).

UCLA should discipline them even more - but probably won't.

Sorry, I was an "extremely dumb kid" but I never considered stealing ####. :unsure:

It is weird. Chinese prison isn't American prison. They're going to go through hell because they were dumb kids. 
Not wishing physical harm on the kids. I just hope this drags out and provides embarrassment for the family. Since LaVar was quoted as saying "This ain't a big deal", I guess we're not there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread