What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Olsen/Eifert or trade for youth? (1 Viewer)

DropKick

Footballguy
Acquired Eifert cheaply as damaged goods last year with the thought that I could transition from the reliable Greg Olsen to Eifert in a league where I can keep a single TE.

Olsen continued to be reliable - although he cooled some after a hot start.  The oft injured Eifert did nothing to shake the injury tag but demonstrated a proficiency for TDs when he did get on the field. Even now, Eifert's status is up in the air.

Team is picking 1.12 and built to win again.  Not a pure rookie draft as there will be players released and,of course, you never know how early someone will bite on Lynch.  I expect Howard/Njoku to be on the board at 1.12.

Typically, I'll err on the side of youth but, if I had to declare keepers today, it's Olsen.  That is, unless, Eifert vacations in Lourdes this summer and comes back a new man.

My other option is to target Hunter Henry now.  The team that owns him has the more likely keeper in Kelce and I think I have pieces to make a deal.  This would accomplish the goal of getting younger at TE and give me more flexibility to go best player at 1.12.  I may even be able to package Olsen and the 1.12 for a slightly higher pick.

If Eifert can stay healthy, he's better than Olsen or Henry going forward. He's been a top-3 TE on a PPG basis each of the last 2 seasons. I'd stick with Eifert and try to package Olsen and the 1.12 for a higher pick. 

If you are built to win. stand pat. Sometimes it's the deals you don't make which are championship winners.

Plus I'd think that Eifert would bring back more in a trade offer than Olsen. I could be wrong there though.

I had both GO and TE and traded Eifert before last season. As I see the postives in both guys, I offered the other owner his choice. He chose Eifert.

One vote for each of Olsen, Eifert, and Henry...

I think I might be all in on Henry if Gates retired.  Gates, the return of Allen and the addition of Williams might limit Henry's immediate upside. The big advantage in Henry is youth and the flexibility to go BPA in the draft. I'd prefer to have depth at RB/WR rather than TE.

Eifert's offense just got more hands too,with Mixon and Ross.  His PPG has been great but he has missed about 40% of his games so far.

Carolina has new faces as well but lacks depth at WR. I see Olsen as the "safe" option. One amazing thing about Olsen is he has missed just 2 games in 10 years, and that was during his rookie season.  Age is a factor and one strength of this draft is TE depth.  I don't expect Howard to be on the board this late in many leagues and, if I fail to trade up, he presents the best value to me.

I'm leaning toward the Olsen/Howard combo with a backup plan of Njoku.  If for some reason, these guys are off the board it means someone has slipped...

Users who are viewing this thread