What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 SSL2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Link isn't working.  Getting a "Missing League ID" error

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay, everyone. I have been at a track meet most of the day.

Now I am not able to log on as Fresh Prince. I am on with my MFL username and password, but when trying to switch/link franchise and enter the fbg password, it's not working. Sorry. Usually I don't have these issues. I even tried the "become commissioner" option but it only allowed me to "predraft"  picks for Fresh Prince and since I am on the clock, it didn't automatically take my guy? If anyone could take Antonio for me or give some advice, I'd appreciate it.

OK, I went in as Commish and changed the settings/password for just Fresh Prince, not touching anyone else, and I am on. The problem now is that it looks like the draft hasn't started yet. I can still only predraft and it says the draft will begin in 364 days and 20 hours.

Might have setting the draft date for 2018???

Gotta head out again. If it gets figured out, I'd like Antonio.

Thanks.

I am in but had to go through loops because of in league last year. Hope does not screw others to get there

Is there a reason that I'm not in this league?  The sign up thread has me in this one but I'm missing from draft order for some reason. 

"The password entered does not match the password for franchise Renesuaz."

Had to log in as commish, set my password, then logout and in for the franchise. Looked at nobodies lists

I'm going to have to be walked through this like I'm 9.

What username/password do I log in with first? Commish/fbgssl2 isn't working. 

I swear this process is different every time. 

Thanks for fixing Bass!  Much appreciated...understand that it can't be easy to coordinate this. After many gyrations, I think I finally have my franchise properly linked. 

Anyone can post their pick here and their e-mail and either myself or someone who is in can add your e-mail and draft pick.

Andy and Rene, I just reset your password to fbgssl2

So I'm in as fiddles but it says guest. Tried linking acct no clue what pwd it wants. Help?
You have to "link franchise" to the Commissioner (PW = fbgssl2), then as commish go to franchise setup, change the password for team Fiddles to whatever you want (doesn't have to be the same as your MFL user account), then click "link franchise" AGAIN, then select team Fiddles and input that new password.

It's so dumb on so many levels.

Thanks! That worked but the timer expired on me and I'm no longer up. Pmed bass 

Thanks! That worked but the timer expired on me and I'm no longer up. Pmed bass 
If you toggle back to being commissioner, you should be able to use "change draft pick" to force your 1.03 selection (or just put it in this thread and me or someone can do it for you).

Why are there 2 people linked to my team?  (me and someone with the initials EW)
 Here's the deal. I updated the 2016 leg which carried over those owners. I erased them and their emails and typed in the new owner names. I did most of this from my phone. Pretty sure That's why we're carrying over some of the old information

Crippler...looks like you arer on here....make a pick in Tex's spot and then we can fix it later....you can post pick here

All is good. I have figured this out. I had to uninvite me to Ryheaps and than was able to add my franchise.

pick is made other than my average time will be killed. ?

If you toggle back to being commissioner, you should be able to use "change draft pick" to force your 1.03 selection (or just put it in this thread and me or someone can do it for you).
Mr I just quoting you here in hopes you get an alert of some sort.....you otc in SSL3

oh and clear out your inbox

QB - Brady (3.06)

RB - Ware (5.06)

WR - Beckham (1.06), Bryant (2.11)

TE - Ertz (4.11)

Top-4 QB, top-4 WR1, top-4 WR2, top-4ish TE ... not bad for a 16-teamer. RB, meh, I'll figure out as I go.

Thru 5

Qb. Nothing. While you have Brady, still plenty of good ones left. Hope to get 2 nice ones over great and whatever asset you spend on 2nd one. 

rb. Bell, Miller. Great one and good one. Don't need to figure out. I think not as deep of position. 

wr. Allen, Cobb. Not as good for sure but if Keenan is healthy, it is not bad. Some risk but WR is the position that one can play grab many and hope for 3 good scores

te. Eifert. Better Te over Ertz but also more risk. 

Thru 5

Qb. Nothing. While you have Brady, still plenty of good ones left. Hope to get 2 nice ones over great and whatever asset you spend on 2nd one. 

rb. Bell, Miller. Great one and good one. Don't need to figure out. I think not as deep of position. 

wr. Allen, Cobb. Not as good for sure but if Keenan is healthy, it is not bad. Some risk but WR is the position that one can play grab many and hope for 3 good scores

te. Eifert. Better Te over Ertz but also more risk. 
Yeah, I didn't really plan on going QB early tbh. Like you said, probably 18-20 names with top-10 potential, plus I don't like locking up both my start-1 positions early since it limits my flexibility down the road.

But I went straight BPA in WSL1 and loved how that team turned out, so I'm rolling with that again. And I couldn't tell myself with a straight face that Dalvin Cook or Davante Adams was BPA at that spot over Tom freakin' Brady.

As for TE, I've gotten burned touching the Eifert stove every year - no more for me in a survivor format, kthx. I wouldn't be surprised if Broncos taking Rudolph in between us winds up punking us both.

Hey guys. Sorry for the delays!  Plane trip home from Poland during which both a sinus infection and strep throat emerged. In better shape with antibiotics now, so should be better going forward. 

Hey guys. Sorry for the delays!  Plane trip home from Poland during which both a sinus infection and strep throat emerged. In better shape with antibiotics now, so should be better going forward. 
There are no game time decisons in fake football....suck it up

QB - Brady (3.06), Goff (8.11)

RB - Ware (5.06), Riddick (7.06)

WR - Beckham (1.06), Bryant (2.11), Sanders (6.11)

TE - Ertz (4.11)

Top-4 QB, top-4 WR1, top-4 WR2, top-4ish TE ... not bad for a 16-teamer. RB, meh, I'll figure out as I go.
Also a top-4 WR3 added to the mix. Plus an RB who should catch 60 passes and a human being who throws footballs for a living.

In retrospect, may not have been the best year to go WR-heavy early as there's still tons of high-level talent out there on the board. Live and learn.

Shadowfax hasn't visited the draft site for 8 days.....not sure whats up but we may be here awhile...unless he has been going in as the commish

comet said:
Sorry for missing my pick guys. Is there a way to put in my selection?
Those of us linked to the league I dont think we can log in as commish to help.....Bass may be able to....otherwise post your pick here and maybe make a comment with your pick on the message board/comments section at the site and hopefully people will see and not pick your guy till we figure it out

Looking over my roster I realized that RG3 was selected instead of Kizer. Can I get that changed? Or is my team so bad I should just not worry about it?

6.05 Kirk Cousins WAS QB12    5    
7.12 Tyrod Taylor BUF QB23    6

Waited awhile at QB and was happy to see a choice of Cousins or Newton still available. Cousins should still be solid with Pryor, Crowder, Reed etc. Top 5 QB last year with some expected regression so I could see him falling somewhere between QB 5-12.  No serious competition, so I expect Taylor to be the starter in BUF and liked him pretty significantly over the rest of the QB’s at 7.12 so felt a little lucky there. I could see him out producing QB23. Two pretty early byes so if I make it past week 6, I’ll be fully loaded at QB as teams dwindle. 

1.12 Devonta Freeman ATL RB5     5
10.05 Terrance West BAL RB41    10
11.12 Duke Johnson CLE RB50    9
14.05 Jeremy Hill CIN RB57    6    
16.05 Dion Lewis NEP RB61    9

After going RB in round one, the plan was to punt the RB2 position and focus elsewhere.  I might have gone a little Ray Guy with my strategy. Freeman should post a decent score most weeks and I made sure not to double up his bye week after waiting so long to fill out the position.  West should get the bulk of the work for at least 4 weeks along with Woodhead.  Then when Dixon returns, who knows, but I don’t think West just immediately becomes a non- factor. In kicking the tires on Duke, it doesn’t look his role will change, so still a decent play in this format. When it came to Hill, Mixon can’t handle all the work can he?  Bernard coming off injury, Burkhead gone.  I expect Hill to see some touches each week as the rookie is brought along. I just couldn’t let Lewis keep falling even though that backfield is a mess.  In retrospect, a little buyer’s remorse with that pick and I could have lived without him, as adding a 5th steered my draft in a direction I wasn’t planning on going.  I probably panicked a little and thought Lewis would somehow save this group.  Who knows, maybe hoody keeps him involved somehow. Probably should have went a different direction. Need Freeman to post a decent score each week and the other 4 to give me something other than a donut.    

2.05 T. Y. Hilton IND WR11    11
3.12 Tyreek Hill KCC WR21    10    
4.05 Corey Davis TEN WR25     8    
5.12 Julian Edelman NEP WR32    9    
12.05 Cole Beasley DAL WR67    6    
17.12 Eli Rogers PIT WR84    9

Hilton was a pretty easy pick at 2.05, maybe not much value, but should keep me in the mix at WR1.  My love for Hill continues, although I sniffed Pryor instead. I liked the upside of Davis over any other WR at 4.05 as I am a fan of this rookie’s game. Edelman making it back to 5.12 as WR32 seemed wayyyy to good to pass up.  Guess I’m not sold he loses as many touches to Cooks/Gronk as others seem to think. Think he is still PPR machine. Beasley continues to be massively overlooked in this format.  I just don’t get it. He was WR33 in this format last year and nothing has really changed.  Prescott likes him…..a lot. In the 17th round I wanted to add a 6th WR even though my top 5 didn’t share a bye.  Rogers should fill the slot in PIT and you can’t really complain about having the WR3 in PIT as your WR6. I invested pretty heavily in this group with 4 of my first 5 picks, so they need to carry me.  Got a mix of big play/speed guys and some steady PPR guys along with hopefully the top rookie WR this year who has a solid QB.  I will say that in this draft I really took a look at who the QB was for each of my guys and targeted solid QB/offenses. I also gave bye weeks a little more consideration than I have in the past. And lastly, while I invested heavily I feel I still got value.  Hilton finished WR4, got him at WR11. Edelman finished WR14, got him at WR32.  Beasley finished WR33, got him at WR67. Even Rogers finished WR63 and got him at WR84. 

8.05 O.J. Howard TBB TE17    11
9.12 Jared Cook OAK TE22    10

Waited pretty long here as well, but saw that in WSL1 there was still some meat on the bone in the mid rounds at TE.  Need Howard to live up to the hype and if Cook was going to leave Rodgers, Carr is not a bad landing spot, was happy he fell all the way to 9.12 and hoping he outplays TE22.  Nothing special here with this tandem, but should be ok.     

15.12 Graham Gano CAR PK22    11

Lewis pick dictated going solo here.  Dude was kicking on a broken foot last year, so expecting a little bit of a rebound. 

13.12 Kansas City Chiefs DST6    10
18.05 Detriot Lions DST30 7

Expect KC to be top 5, finished as DST1 last year.  Should still be a solid DST and hopefully Hill houses a few more this year.  Will snag whatever is left in round 18. Turned out to be Detroit which actually worked pretty well as they are my only week 7 bye.

Overall: Felt I got zero value anywhere but at WR.  Really don’t like this area of the draft. Overall I am kinda ####ting the bed in these leagues this year.  Will need to refocus for MBSL and the Anarchys. Good luck.   :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread