What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OTC at 1.04 - who to take? (1 Viewer)

Sitch

Footballguy
I'm OTC with 1.04 in the rookie draft. This is a 12 tm PPR that also gives an extra .25 per RB carry, so RBs carry more juice than normal..my team:WinstonGurley, McCaffrey (took at 1.02), Gio, D.Henry, YeldonA.Brown, Cooks, Watkins, Ty.Williams, Sharpe, DGBKelceFirst 3 picks were Fournette, McCaffrey (me) and Cook. So Davis and Mixon are available. In a standard league, Davis would be the no brainer choice BUT given the extra .25 per RB carry (basically, 20 carries is an extra 5 pts), kind of have to go Mixon, don't I? I also have the 1.11 as well. Or am I ok at RB that I can pass on Mixon?

Davis is the better prospect, but RB looks like a bigger team need (assuming a fairly standard starting lineup).  Also pairing Mixon with Gio is tempting.  I think Davis is the higher tier prospect though, and has longer shelf life, so would still take him.

Even better, see if you can deal down one spot, pick up something extra, and take whichever is left.  If both fall, try to deal down again.

I'd go Mixon. Full disclosure, I'm probably lower than anyone on Davis. I'd have Williams ahead of him too.

I ended up going Davis after thinking it over.  I'm ok with Gurley, McCaffrey, Henry, Gio, for now...Mixon was tempting for sure though.  I also have pick 1.11 and can probably get one of Kamara, Perine or Hunt most likely

I ended up going Davis after thinking it over.  I'm ok with Gurley, McCaffrey, Henry, Gio, for now...Mixon was tempting for sure though.  I also have pick 1.11 and can probably get one of Kamara, Perine or Hunt most likely
Good choice IMO. For #4 pick you get what most believe is the best WR in this class and undoubtedly the best opportunity.

Corey Davis is my number 1. Him and Mariota could make beautiful music for a long time.
Yes, agreed. The only reason I considered Mixon in this spot was due to the extra .25 per RB carry.  RBs are valued a bit more in this league...

I'd have gone Mixon. For 280 carries/year that's 70 extra points, >4 PPG. That's a huge advantage vs WRs, 20%+ PPG increase. This format makes stud RBs like DJ/Zeke/Bell untouchable, Mixon could be in the same mold.

Davis is nice but not on par with Mixon in this format.

I'd have gone Mixon. For 280 carries/year that's 70 extra points, >4 PPG. That's a huge advantage vs WRs, 20%+ PPG increase. This format makes stud RBs like DJ/Zeke/Bell untouchable, Mixon could be in the same mold.

Davis is nice but not on par with Mixon in this format.
I definitely took that into consideration.  I have Gurley, McCaffrey, D.Henry (who will be a 300 carry per yr guy very soon), etc so I guess I went with the 'safer' option in Davis, and if nothing else, if he produces, I have trade bait down the road.  

I definitely took that into consideration.  I have Gurley, McCaffrey, D.Henry (who will be a 300 carry per yr guy very soon), etc so I guess I went with the 'safer' option in Davis, and if nothing else, if he produces, I have trade bait down the road.  
Sounds like u got good value going Davis. Davis and McCaffrey for Evans. Sweet deal.

Users who are viewing this thread