What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jamaal Williams, NO (2 Viewers)

Temper expectations, guys.  McCarthy has been on record no less than half a dozen times over the years saying he'll never give a feature-back workload to one guy.  It burns them out for the playoffs. They just don't need to run a guy into the ground to get wins because they have Rodgers.  

In addition, it's not like they're devoid of an amazing 3rd down back.  When healthy, TY is a phenomenal pass blocker and catcher out of the backfield. He's going to get plenty of use.

And another point - Rodgers throws in the red zone more than just about any other QB over the last decade.  So Williams' TD upside is capped as well.

Packer homer here - and just not seeing the value with him.
Packer homer too, and I do see the value. 

McCarthy doesn't give one guy 250+ carries, that's right. But there's always been a clear hierarchy in his backfields. Even if it's just guys like Starks or Benson for one year, he's going to lean on the one back he trusts the most. Jones should fill the old Starks role (the Starks who backed up Lacy, not the 2010 playoff run Starks), provide a spark on running plays, spell the main guy and chime in on mop-up duty. Monty is the 3rd down back and will probably be in most 2-minute-offenses, but is neither a very good runner nor a durable one. 

Williams can do everything reasonably well, even if he doesn't have one area where he excels at. That's your Grant/Lacy/Benson type that will get most snaps on normal drives. 

I can see the following distribution per game: 26 rushing plays, 4 of them scrambles by Rodgers. Of the remaining 22, I see Williams getting about 14, Jones 6 and Monty 2. Targets should be Monty 6 (mainly on 3rd down and no-huddle/2-minute offense), Williams 4 (on 1st and 2nd down mainly, but also in slower no huddle drives) and Jones 1. 

Let's give Williams a reasonable 3.5ypc and I see him getting 225 carries and close to 800y on the ground on the season, with about  40 cathes for 350 yards in the receiving game and about 8 TDs comined. That's a pretty decent RB2 for me. Of course he's no sure thing to actually get all that work, but neither are the other RBs you get in round 6-7. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That was near the beginning of my fantasy football time, so the memory is hazy. I remember him as a preseason hype guy, but I thought that hype ramped up quickly and fizzled quickly. It didn't span multiple seasons like Jahvid, Finley, and CMike... did it? Really don't recall.

Pretty silly to compare them when one is dynasty RB17 and the other is RB35. In redraft it is RB19 and RB34. It's like saying Baldwin is ok, but I really prefer OBJ. 

But at those prices I'll take JW and the extra draft capital every day. It's flash vs. technique. And questionable offense vs. elite offense. I like Adam Gase, so maybe Miami will turn the corner, but hard to be confident. 
Not really comparing them based on ADP. More like talent comparison. As far as elite offense vs questionable. Miami's offense was highly questionable last season too with a bum for a QB. But he produced. I expect him to produce a ton again.

Wali Lundi was not near the hype as those you mentioned but it was crazy pre-season hype.....for a guy who simply had little talent LOL. I mean wow he stunk.

Not really comparing them based on ADP. More like talent comparison. As far as elite offense vs questionable. Miami's offense was highly questionable last season too with a bum for a QB. But he produced. I expect him to produce a ton again.
There is definitely a strong, positive correlation between talent and ADP. But mainly just a weird thing to say in the JW thread. It would be like hopping in the Drake thread and saying, he's ok, but I'd prefer Dalvin.

I wouldn't consider any Pack RB I had a long term dynasty asset I can count on.  
I wouldn't consider any player in the RB35 range to be a long term dynasty asset I can count on. What's your point?

I wouldn't consider any player in the RB35 range to be a long term dynasty asset I can count on. What's your point?
I was referring to The Man With No Name post, referencing dynasty.  I offered an opposing viewpoint, which you seem to agree with.  

That's all.  Not sure I really had a a point........ :mellow:

I was referring to The Man With No Name post, referencing dynasty.  I offered an opposing viewpoint, which you seem to agree with.  

That's all.  Not sure I really had a a point........ :mellow:
I don't think he was implying he was counting on JW, just mentioning that Ty is gone after this year. I agree with both of you, actually. I would not count on JW as my RB2 next season, but I think he's a decent roll of the dice to hang onto the job, giving him some extra dynasty appeal. If he can make a year 2 improvement, I don't see why they wouldn't plug other holes with free agency and draft picks.

I don't think he was implying he was counting on JW, just mentioning that Ty is gone after this year. I agree with both of you, actually. I would not count on JW as my RB2 next season, but I think he's a decent roll of the dice to hang onto the job, giving him some extra dynasty appeal. If he can make a year 2 improvement, I don't see why they wouldn't plug other holes with free agency and draft picks.
By week 8, I might consider him a solid dynasty asset.  It could change that quick.  

I am listening to people that have really strong takes in here, because I don't.  

Are you saying you don't like any of these RBs in dynasty?  :confused:  

Kerryon Johnson RB33
Rashaad Penny RB34
Sony Michel RB38
Peyton Barber RB40 (I'd much prefer Barber over Williams) 
Ronald Jones RB42
Ty Montgomery RB44 - way more valuable than Williams in PPR IMO
Nick Chubb RB47
Corey Clement RB54

I wouldn't either, but doubt it's in first 2 rounds
The have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. They addressed enough on defensive backfield this draft. They need some help at RB, LB, WR, OL in that order. The top 2 RBs who are considered to be 1st round prospects in 2019 are considered late 1st, possible 2nd round picks. The Packers may have 2 late 1st rounders. Prime for drafting a RB. New GM who has a completely different approach than Ted Thompson. 

:shrug:  

By week 8, I might consider him a solid dynasty asset.  It could change that quick.  

I am listening to people that have really strong takes in here, because I don't.  
Man, nobody should have a really strong take. Anybody who claims to have a crystal ball is full of it. My take on the matter remains pretty simplistic:

The Packers don't need a flashy RB. They need a guy who can keep Rodgers clean, a guy who can pick up the tough yards, and a guy who doesn't fumble. JW is the best at all three of those things, so he's worth betting on because the bet isn't that expensive and the upside is quite high (think early Lacy). 

Montgomery and Jones are both talented players and you never know what the HC will decide to do, so lots of risk and uncertainty, but FF is all about measured risks. When possible, I've been handcuffing one of them to JW.

Are you saying you don't like any of these RBs in dynasty?  :confused:  

Kerryon Johnson RB33
Rashaad Penny RB34
Sony Michel RB38
Peyton Barber RB40 (I'd much prefer Barber over Williams) 
Ronald Jones RB42
Ty Montgomery RB44 - way more valuable than Williams in PPR IMO
Nick Chubb RB47
Corey Clement RB54
You need to work on your dynasty rankings. If you have Chubb at 47, there's a problem.

Here's FBG rankings:
31 - Hyde
32 - L Miller
33 - Duke
34 - Cohen
36 - Thompson
37 - Crowell
38 - Mack
39 - A Jones

You need to work on your dynasty rankings. If you have Chubb at 47, there's a problem.

Here's FBG rankings:
31 - Hyde
32 - L Miller
33 - Duke
34 - Cohen
36 - Thompson
37 - Crowell
38 - Mack
39 - A Jones
FBG has Williams as RB35 in redraft PPR. He is not RB35 in dynasty. So I was going off of your post where you referenced his RB35 status 

Man, nobody should have a really strong take. Anybody who claims to have a crystal ball is full of it. My take on the matter remains pretty simplistic:

The Packers don't need a flashy RB. They need a guy who can keep Rodgers clean, a guy who can pick up the tough yards, and a guy who doesn't fumble. JW is the best at all three of those things, so he's worth betting on because the bet isn't that expensive and the upside is quite high (think early Lacy). 

Montgomery and Jones are both talented players and you never know what the HC will decide to do, so lots of risk and uncertainty, but FF is all about measured risks. When possible, I've been handcuffing one of them to JW.
Which is it? 

In 2013 Lacy got 284 carries (5th in the NFL) and in 2014 he got 246 (9th in the NFL). 

You can't have a guy who only keeps Rodgers healthy and "picks up the tough yards" but also have the upside of producing like a RB who is top 10 in carries for the season. Seems like an odd thing to say- GB doesn't need a work horse RB they need a grinder, but the upside of the guy who is considered a grinder is a that of a work horse RB... 

ETA: Not trying to pick on you here, just a few things you've said that are odd to me. I completely disagree with Williams' upside being that of Eddie Lacy 2013 and 2014. I agree with your first statement. GB needs to keep Rodgers healthy, pick up some tough yards, and not fumble. But that recipe doesn't lead to Eddie Lacy numbers

FBG has Williams as RB35 in redraft PPR. He is not RB35 in dynasty. So I was going off of your post where you referenced his RB35 status 
His redraft ADP is RB34 according to FBG. The FBG consensus dynasty ranking for him is RB35, which is exactly what I said here.

And if you like Barber better than JW in dynasty, you are on an island. 

Which is it? 

In 2013 Lacy got 284 carries (5th in the NFL) and in 2014 he got 246 (9th in the NFL). 

You can't have a guy who only keeps Rodgers health and "picks up the tough yards" but also have the upside of producing like a RB who is top 10 in carries for the season. Seems like an odd thing to say- GB doesn't need a work horse RB, but the upside of the guy who is considered a grinder is a that of a work horse RB... 
Try this: read what you bolded from me and then compare to your bolded paraphrasing. Hint: I said they don't need a flashy RB. I didn't say they'll never use a guy as a workhorse.

I thought it was obvious that I was implying that anybody who can do the 3 things I laid out would have decent odds to get the bulk of the work. Getting the bulk of the work is where the upside is.

His redraft ADP is RB34 according to FBG. The FBG consensus dynasty ranking for him is RB35, which is exactly what I said here.

And if you like Barber better than JW in dynasty, you are on an island. 

Try this: read what you bolded from me and then compare to your bolded paraphrasing. Hint: I said they don't need a flashy RB. I didn't say they'll never use a guy as a workhorse.

I thought it was obvious that I was implying that anybody who can do the 3 things I laid out would have decent odds to get the bulk of the work. Getting the bulk of the work is where the upside is.
Oh, well I was going off your RB35 which he is RB35 in PPR redraft, but RB36 in dynasty for the last 21 days. Check again. You can understand the confusion I suppose when you are saying the incorrect ranking. 

I disagree with a grinder like Williams having Eddie Lacy type numbers as an upside. Too many other players on the team for certain scenarios. I see Williams as another James Starks. He'll have a few good runs and look good in a couple of games, but in the end he's just a guy keeping Rodgers healthy. Unfortunately that won't win the Packers any super bowls, so I think that has to change for GB to take the step from 1st round playoff exit to contender. He is probably not even in the starter conversation next year

Oh, well I was going off your RB35 which he is RB35 in PPR redraft, but RB36 in dynasty for the last 21 days. Check again. You can understand the confusion I suppose when you are saying the incorrect ranking. 

I disagree with a grinder like Williams having Eddie Lacy type numbers as an upside. Too many other players on the team for certain scenarios. I see Williams as another James Starks. He'll have a few good runs and look good in a couple of games, but in the end he's just a guy keeping Rodgers healthy. Unfortunately that won't win the Packers any super bowls, so I think that has to change for GB to take the step from 1st round playoff exit to contender. He is probably not even in the starter conversation next year
The website defaults to 35 days, so I was not saying incorrect rankings: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/viewrankings.php?viewpos=rb&type=dynasty&howrecent=35

You think Lacy was more than a grinder? There was nothing flashy about Lacy.

His competition seems quite injury prone. Monte gets banged up and has a hard time recovering and Jones seems to get banged up and needed PEDs. That weighs big for me when comparing the RBs in GB. JW hasn’t been of perfect health but he’s actually been on the field for more than 3 games in a row. 

His competition seems quite injury prone. Monte gets banged up and has a hard time recovering and Jones seems to get banged up and needed PEDs. That weighs big for me when comparing the RBs in GB. JW hasn’t been of perfect health but he’s actually been on the field for more than 3 games in a row. 
Jones has the same injury history as William's

Jones was never busted for PEDs

ETA: Jones was on the field for more than 3 weeks and his time on the field is quite impressive

I find it hard to ignore those statistics

No he doesn't have Lacy upside, he's just not that talented. But you really underestimate the "keeping Rodgers healthy" part. Unless Jones dramatically improves his availability and pass protection, there's just no one to threaten Williams' role as primary option on 1st and 2nd down as well as short yardage and goal line back. Montgomery is the only other back McCarthy trusts with pass pro, but he's not good enough between the tackles and couldn't handle the workload anyway. 

Will the Packers add another back next year? I sure hope so, but maybe Williams does show improvement and/or they don't invest a lot of money or a high draft pick, so there's still upside in dynasty and he can be a low end RB2 this year. 

The main thing limiting his upside right now (other than his lack of explosiveness) is probably goal line opportunities. Rodgers like to throw it in the red zone and will certainly add his usual couple of rushing TDs himself. And while the line is fine run blocking wise, it's just not built for goal line power football. But he's a pretty decent receiving back (his routes are just so-so, but he's got really good hands and the mental part down), so that should make up for it somewhat. 

Jones has the same injury history as William's

Jones was never busted for PEDs

ETA: Jones was on the field for more than 3 weeks and his time on the field is quite impressive

I find it hard to ignore those statistics
Excuse me, PEDs was certainly incorrect.

Jones was actually lead back for 4 games. Ya got me

No not same injury history and I find it hard to ignore that JW is considered an excellent blocker and Jones isn't.

not to mention Hundlley vs Rodgers, think the Ds might have been focused on run?

Jones is overrated

ratbast said:
Excuse me, PEDs was certainly incorrect.

Jones was actually lead back for 4 games. Ya got me

No not same injury history and I find it hard to ignore that JW is considered an excellent blocker and Jones isn't.

not to mention Hundlley vs Rodgers, think the Ds might have been focused on run?

Jones is overrated
Because you say so? His athletic profile and collegiate production was top notch. His efficiency last year was some of the best of the last decade. Blocking... Christ I’m so sick of hearing about ####### blocking this offseason. Christian McCaffery and Kareem Hunt were in the very bottom of the league in pass blocking efficiency last year according to PFF. You want to compare someone who is a good pass blocker, terrible runner and capable pass catcher that compares to Jamaal Williams? Mike Tolbert. Jamaal Williams is a skinny Mike Tolbert who breaks less 15 yd runs. Good luck with that.

Conan Troutman said:
No he doesn't have Lacy upside, he's just not that talented. But you really underestimate the "keeping Rodgers healthy" part. Unless Jones dramatically improves his availability and pass protection, there's just no one to threaten Williams' role as primary option on 1st and 2nd down as well as short yardage and goal line back. Montgomery is the only other back McCarthy trusts with pass pro, but he's not good enough between the tackles and couldn't handle the workload anyway. 

Will the Packers add another back next year? I sure hope so, but maybe Williams does show improvement and/or they don't invest a lot of money or a high draft pick, so there's still upside in dynasty and he can be a low end RB2 this year. 

The main thing limiting his upside right now (other than his lack of explosiveness) is probably goal line opportunities. Rodgers like to throw it in the red zone and will certainly add his usual couple of rushing TDs himself. And while the line is fine run blocking wise, it's just not built for goal line power football. But he's a pretty decent receiving back (his routes are just so-so, but he's got really good hands and the mental part down), so that should make up for it somewhat. 
Maybe in the post you quoted, but in my extensive posting in this thread and Jones' thread I dont believe I have. 

Jones may have the numbers and explosiveness, but Williams may be get the opportunity. 

At the end of the year with both healthy, williams got the playing time. 

Williams is starting this year.

coaches are talking up Williams as a guy who could take a big step.

I don’t think anyone can deny jones is the more explosive guy but Williams seems to be firmly ahead of him at this point. 

Jones may have the numbers and explosiveness, but Williams may be get the opportunity. 

At the end of the year with both healthy, williams got the playing time. 

Williams is starting this year.

coaches are talking up Williams as a guy who could take a big step.

I don’t think anyone can deny jones is the more explosive guy but Williams seems to be firmly ahead of him at this point. 
That's a very good point. Though I wonder, was Jones still gimpy coming off the MCL injury?

Put Jones in a Riddick role and I think he excels, but one thing playing against him in the workhorse role is that he goes down easily. You won't see it many times in his highlights (obviously those don't usually make the cut!) but if you watch all his runs from any given game it's obvious that all it takes is an arm tackle to bring him down. The explosiveness is nice, but if drives are stalling because he can't pick up a 3rd and short then he's doing more harm than good. Jones is a forced miss tackle guy while JW is a broken tackle kind of guy. Missed tackle guys are better in space (CoP, 2nd and 20, 3rd down specialist) whereas broken tackle guys tend to earn larger workloads. (Obviously elite backs like Lynch/Tomlinson did both).

As for people crying about pass blocking discussions, get over it. Some offenses ask RBs to block. Some don't. I recall reading that Sproles played a crazy amount of 3rd downs in New Orleans one year but was only asked to pass block on about 5% of them. So I'm not saying pass blocking is critical in every offense, but it is important in this one. I don't recall Sean Payton ever talking about Sproles pass blocking, but the GB coaches sure talk about pass blocking a lot. So when talking about the GB RB, pass blocking should be talked about in here.

Packer homer too, and I do see the value.

McCarthy doesn't give one guy 250+ carries, that's right. But there's always been a clear hierarchy in his backfields. Even if it's just guys like Starks or Benson for one year, he's going to lean on the one back he trusts the most. Jones should fill the old Starks role (the Starks who backed up Lacy, not the 2010 playoff run Starks), provide a spark on running plays, spell the main guy and chime in on mop-up duty. Monty is the 3rd down back and will probably be in most 2-minute-offenses, but is neither a very good runner nor a durable one.

Williams can do everything reasonably well, even if he doesn't have one area where he excels at. That's your Grant/Lacy/Benson type that will get most snaps on normal drives.

I can see the following distribution per game: 26 rushing plays, 4 of them scrambles by Rodgers. Of the remaining 22, I see Williams getting about 14, Jones 6 and Monty 2. Targets should be Monty 6 (mainly on 3rd down and no-huddle/2-minute offense), Williams 4 (on 1st and 2nd down mainly, but also in slower no huddle drives) and Jones 1.

Let's give Williams a reasonable 3.5ypc and I see him getting 225 carries and close to 800y on the ground on the season, with about 40 cathes for 350 yards in the receiving game and about 8 TDs comined. That's a pretty decent RB2 for me. Of course he's no sure thing to actually get all that work, but neither are the other RBs you get in round 6-7.
This is a reasonable way to divvy out carries although the most important to me at least is the bolded because it's the difference between Williams being on my radar or not. Since 2014 GB RBs have consistently averaged an ~16% market share. Rodger's averages ~550 pass attempts annually although I can't say for certain that he won't average more this year but 550 looks to be a rather conservative number. If my assumptions are correct that would leave only about 5-6 targets a game for RBs. If the targets were as voluminous for RBs are you're projecting they would command ~30% share which I do not see happening.

I've watched Williams catch the ball, he's not great. He can catch dump offs like every other RB but he doesn't even remotely excel like Montgomery. He will obviously catch passes as a product of being on the field a lot but expecting something like 64 targets is a bit much assuming Montgomery is healthy. I would expect the per game distribution to look more like Montgomery getting 3-4 targets and Williams getting 2-3.

Put Jones in a Riddick role and I think he excels, but one thing playing against him in the workhorse role is that he goes down easily. You won't see it many times in his highlights (obviously those don't usually make the cut!) but if you watch all his runs from any given game it's obvious that all it takes is an arm tackle to bring him down. The explosiveness is nice, but if drives are stalling because he can't pick up a 3rd and short then he's doing more harm than good. Jones is a forced miss tackle guy while JW is a broken tackle kind of guy. Missed tackle guys are better in space (CoP, 2nd and 20, 3rd down specialist) whereas broken tackle guys tend to earn larger workloads. (Obviously elite backs like Lynch/Tomlinson did both).
I actually felt like Jones would fit a Riddick role real nicely when he was drafted. I thought Williams would be the 1-2 down guy and Jones the 3rd. Both could have significant value. Last year, however, Jones seemed like the better runner. Williams was used more in the passing game in the second half of the year when all were healthy. It was odd. 

I think 2017 is a lost year. You can't judge any of these RBs. All had injuries for at least a few weeks. Rodgers went down and McCarthy was just trying to keep the boat afloat with Hundley (who was now traded after McCarthy came out and said he believed in him. Coach speak?). 

I think this discussion is ridiculous in general. Worse than the Alex Collins thread. Let's just play some football already

I think 2018 is a lost year.
Doubtful. Someone in each of our fantasy drafts is getting value here unless McCarthy goes against what he did last year and actually employs a full on RBBC. Last year Montgomery was getting close to 90% of the snaps despite JW and Jones being healthy (first 3 weeks: 90%, 86%, 93%, then weeks 5-7 Jones got 88%, 65%, and 80%). There were injuries last year which screwed up the snap % in some games, but even with a few games being throw outs, there were 10 weeks where one RB got over 80% of the snaps.

I don't expect one guy to get 90% of the snaps, but I do believe one guy will consistently get 70% and at their current costs whoever that is will provide value likely in the RB2 range.

Doubtful. Someone in each of our fantasy drafts is getting value here unless McCarthy goes against what he did last year and actually employs a full on RBBC. Last year Montgomery was getting close to 90% of the snaps despite JW and Jones being healthy (first 3 weeks: 90%, 86%, 93%, then weeks 5-7 Jones got 88%, 65%, and 80%). There were injuries last year which screwed up the snap % in some games, but even with a few games being throw outs, there were 10 weeks where one RB got over 80% of the snaps.

I don't expect one guy to get 90% of the snaps, but I do believe one guy will consistently get 70% and at their current costs whoever that is will provide value likely in the RB2 range.
I mistyped. I meant 2017. Not 2018. It's tough to judge any of these RBs based on usage in 2017

So can someone summarize this thread? Williams or Jones? Seeing both on sleeper lists.
I'll summarize.  Since May there have been a number of us that say Williams is the guy, there are a number that say Jones is the guy, and nobody has moved an inch since. Nobody knows more than we did then.  We need to see some regular season games, and then I imagine this thread will be even ####tier. 

So can someone summarize this thread? Williams or Jones? Seeing both on sleeper lists.
Williams is almost definitely the guy going into week 1 due to injuries and suspensions but that is reflected in his price. But I don't think it is a prohibitive price either.

You can get Jones or Montgomery for a.lot less if you think Williams will fail but, right now it looks like his job to lose.

JW
Pros: pass protection, breaking tackles, low college fumble rate, showed good hands last season, handled workhorse duties for last 8 games, drafted ahead of Jones and was ahead of Jones on last season's depth chart before injuries
Cons: awful combine, was not used in passing game in college, does not force missed tackles, most of his tape from last year was against stacked boxes, only 7 boring carries in the preseason

AJ
Pros: dat agility score tho, makes people miss, showed nice hands in college
Cons: pass protection, easy to arm tackle, nonexistent in the passing game last year, suspension, already dealing with a knee injury, despite the speedy hype he actually ran a 4.56 at the combine and sparq was near median value

ok, fine, his SPARQ-x score (what's the difference? genuinely curious) was near the median value: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aaron-jones/ (52nd percentile)

ETA: just for some more SPARQ score fun... 

Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah produced the best SPARQ score of any RB in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Abdullah posted a score of 142.5, which places him in the 95.6 percentile of NFL players. SPARQ is a formula that factors in each Combine/pro day test along with weight.

As I’ve thought about Williams, there has been one comparison that has come to mind. See if you can guess.  Here is Player X’s scouting report and numbers predraft (the year he was drafted).

Height: 6’1

Weight: 226

40: 4.69 (Pro Day)

Bench: 23

Strengths: Good size with the frame for additional muscle mass. Good initial quickness off the snap. Accelerates to and through the hole and reaches maximum speed quickly. Good lateral mobility to evade defenders in space. Slippery runner who twists and slides as he is being tackled, generating positive yards after initial contact. Good forward lean, showing the leg drive as a short-yardage runner. At least an adequate receiver. Can extend and catch the ball outside of his frame. Willing pass blocker.

Weaknesses: Viewed by some as more of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none type. Lacks the explosiveness to consistently make defenders miss in tight quarters and is not the power runner his size would indicate. Inconsistent. Struggled in ****; missing time due to an ankle injury and suspension for an off-campus fight. Missed the **** spring due to minor knee surgery. Has had issues with fumbles during his career.

ok, fine, his SPARQ-x score (what's the difference? genuinely curious) was near the median value: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aaron-jones/ (52nd percentile)

ETA: just for some more SPARQ score fun... 

Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah produced the best SPARQ score of any RB in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Abdullah posted a score of 142.5, which places him in the 95.6 percentile of NFL players. SPARQ is a formula that factors in each Combine/pro day test along with weight.
Yeah I have no idea. Probably whichever stat fits the narrative. 

Obviously there's more to an athlete than SPARQ, although I'd rather have a good one than a bad one

Also Foster had 3 runs >15 yds on 54 carries his rookie year and a 4.8 ypc showing that he had elusiveness. Year 2 he had 19 such runs which would have put him first if we compare that season to last year. Do you expect Williams to magically become that player?

Users who are viewing this thread