What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Watkins for Shepard/Abdullah (1 Viewer)

slicedbred21

Footballguy
12 team dynasty, 1QB, 2-3RBs, 3-4WRs, 1-2 TEs, 1 Def

My team before trade:

Rogers, Stafford

Howard, Crowell, Coleman, Abdullah, White, Jennings, Dwayne Washington

D Thomas, Adams, Perriman, Wallace, Shepard, Pryor, Britt, Gordon, Treadwell, Conley, B Miller

Walker, Fleener, Allen, Barnidge

Patriots

I gave up Shepard and Abdullah.

I received Watkins.

Thoughts?

That is a great deal for Watkins. You gave up pretty much nothing for a potential elite player. I mean you have 3-4 guys just like Abdullah and Shepard already, you needed a potential stud.

I don't like the risk of Watkins in most cases because he is a headache to own but for the scraps you are giving up to get his upside I think you have to do it.

You bought Watkins low which is a good thing because this may be your last chance to do so.  It's a potential reward that's definitely worth the risk.

Such a small price for massive upside.  In your league, Abdullah and Shepard are fringe starters that can easily be replaced.

Absolutely take it.

thanks for the reply's...i thought it was worth the risk as well, i like the potential of shepard and abdullah but if watkins bounces back i will have a solid WR1 for years to come.

You definitely won the trade, even if you didn't want watkins you can definitely flip him for a ton more than that.  In one of my dynasty's Sammy went for pick 1.5 and Alshon.  If you use a trade calculator you won the trade and gained 40% more value than you had.

Users who are viewing this thread