What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cody Kessler (1 Viewer)

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
I have him in one dyno, as my 3rd. I'm just hoping and planning for him to keep the job to their bye. There's a fair but not very good chance he keeps it all year.  I'd value him over Mike Glennon long term (more preferring Trubisky to Kizer). Maybe equal to older lesser QBs like Flacco and Palmer.

Fwiw, I've liked Kessler enough as a startable QB and thought the browns shouldn't draft a qb this year.  I also don't like Kizer so I guess that works out. But I have to admit, Kizer will get a chance to start by next season if not before if he starts to get it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed him everywhere I could in my 2QB leagues because I kept remembering how Hue said very encouraging things after they drafted him 2016.  If memory serves he was drafted in the 3rd where people questioned it and Hue said something along the lines of "trust me" and things of the sort.  Kizer has a higher ceiling but I think Kessler has a chance to prove himself sort of like the Siemian situation.  

I am curious what type of value this guy has in dyansty if any at all? 
Practically none. Even if he developed into a long term starter, he does not look like a guy that will even be a fantasy QB1, let alone a difference maker. What are backup level QBs worth in your leagues? Now on top of that, there's no guarantee he even becomes a long term NFL starter.

I grabbed him everywhere I could in my 2QB leagues because I kept remembering how Hue said very encouraging things after they drafted him 2016.  If memory serves he was drafted in the 3rd where people questioned it and Hue said something along the lines of "trust me" and things of the sort.  Kizer has a higher ceiling but I think Kessler has a chance to prove himself sort of like the Siemian situation.  
My comments above only applied to leagues that start one QB. Obviously in 2QB leagues he would have some value since even backup QBs are rostered in leagues like that.

Cody Kessler will get the first reps of OTAs.
It's as expected given Kessler made eight rookie starts and has a full year in Hue Jackson's offense. He'll face competition from DeShone Kizer, Brock Osweiler and Kevin Hogan, with all four mixing in with the first team. Kessler will be on a short leash if he wins the Week 1 job.

Related: Brock OsweilerDeShone Kizer

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal 
May 13 - 6:31 PM

Cody Kessler believes he improved his arm strength this offseason.

Coach Hue Jackson agrees, saying Kessler "is stronger" and his "ball has more zip on it." Arm strength is never going to be a calling card for Kessler, but being able to force the ball into tighter windows and throw a better deep ball certainly will not hurt. Kessler is the favorite in the Browns' quarterback battle.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal 
May 25 - 8:46 AM

Thread bump time for us in superflex, everyone else run along. 

Anything to see here? Is Bortles done in Jax or was this a shot across the bow from coach? Chances Bortles sees another snap the rest of the way?

Users who are viewing this thread