What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

They're putting in a 24 hour Waffle House next door. What do I need to start hiding? (1 Viewer)

John Bender

Footballguy
Neighbors are going nuts.  I live in a very residential part of the suburbs - just bought my house last Summer.  It'll be visible from my back porch

Putting in a Waffle House, open 24 hours, almost smack dab in the middle of all of the neighborhoods in this area.

Long time homeowners are flipping out and protesting.  I can't figure out what they're mad about it specifically being a Waffle House - it'll be on the same lot as a gas station anyway.

I've never been in a Waffle House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering its on the same lot as an existing business, I dont get the fuss?Is it going to include a significantly higher level of lights in the neighborhood?  

Start hiding Your cholesterol count and your late night munchies

Have not been to a Waffle House in years.... would smash however!!

Never been to a Waffle House?  Just picture a gas station bathroom... that serves waffles :gaffigan:

Neighbors are going nuts.  I live in a very residential part of the suburbs - just bought my house last Summer.  It'll be visible from my back porch

Putting in a Waffle House, open 24 hours, almost smack dab in the middle of all of the neighborhoods in this area.

Long time homeowners are flipping out and protesting.  I can't figure out what they're mad about it specifically being a Waffle House - it'll be on the same lot as a gas station anyway.

I've never been in a Waffle House.
I find it difficult to trust a fellow who has not occasionally debased himself late night/sunrise at a Waffle House, a White Castle, a George Webb, or the like.

Considering its on the same lot as an existing business, I dont get the fuss?Is it going to include a significantly higher level of lights in the neighborhood?  
Well, it's sort of an old time country gas station I guess might be the problem according to the long time residents.

They figure that their house will now be worth less.
That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of, since I'm now directly affected as one of the closest homes to it.  Why?  I've only lived in the south for 2 years of my life - no idea why specifically a WAffle House is such a problem

Have the All-Star with bacon and hash brown done crisp and eggs scrambled with cheese.  Make little breakfast sandwiches and thank me later.

There is nothing wrong with a waffle house.  In fact, my favorite waffle house is right next door to a strip club in phoenix.  Oh wait, you don't have a strip club near by do you?  

There is nothing wrong with a waffle house.  In fact, my favorite waffle house is right next door to a strip club in phoenix.  Oh wait, you don't have a strip club near by do you?  
They're building 600K-800K+ houses across the street right now too. I'm so confused.

Finally, I would look into investing in some pretty thick, jagged shrubs for the backyard.   Good defense is the best offense.  Put "Tin Cup" in your queue and report back too.

Finally, I would look into investing in some pretty thick, jagged shrubs for the backyard.   Good defense is the best offense.  Put "Tin Cup" in your queue and report back too.
I have a 8' fence, a gun, a loud dog, and a home security system.  You think I should put barbed wired around the top of the fence too?

Talk to the manager.  Light, noise, from drunks, and loud pipes (the south is notorious for loud pipes on cars, trucks, and bikes), smell and whatnot may form the basis for a nuisance complaint, not a run of the mill disturbing the peace, but a nuisance case to close the place. Let him know you would never do something like that if you had an open invitation to complimentary food whenever you wanted it.  then, take advantage of their extensive menu. 

I don't know that there is anything small enough to get into a fryer that they won't chicken fry, nor anything they wont cover with waffle batter and throw on the grill if it doesn't fit in the iron.

That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of, since I'm now directly affected as one of the closest homes to it.  Why?  I've only lived in the south for 2 years of my life - no idea why specifically a WAffle House is such a problem
I just think it is a 24-hour restaurant being so close to housing that causes this fear.  Especially a place like Waffle House.  If it was more upscale, it might be received differently.

I just think it is a 24-hour restaurant being so close to housing that causes this fear.  Especially a place like Waffle House.  If it was more upscale, it might be received differently.
Yep, you would be home free with a Denny's.

Some of you people are crazy.   

Waffle House crushes Denny's, IHOP (IHOP is the worst, so that isn't saying much) and pretty much every other chain breakfast place.   

Granted, they're probably sketchy between the hours of 2am and 5am, but find a place that serves food that's open all night that isn't.   DON'T PUT THIS ON THE WAFFLES   :rant:  

Remember the dress code.  Wife beater and cut off jeans.    Flip flops optional.

Ate at one in Columbus Ohio last year. Thought it was absolutely terrible. Easily the worst breakfast ive ever paid for. 

Seriously, just gross. ( Both the food and the actual building). The worst diner in new Jersey looks like The Oak Room in comparison.

I've never actually eaten at one.  There's a new one about a mile from my office next to a Dollar General.  Convienence or conspiracy?

Ate at one in Columbus Ohio last year. Thought it was absolutely terrible. Easily the worst breakfast ive ever paid for. 

Seriously, just gross. ( Both the food and the actual building). The worst diner in new Jersey looks like The Oak Room in comparison.
I would suggest this might have more to do with Columbus than the almighty WH.

I ate at one in Columbius, OH last year too.  Well, some god awful place just south of there, like maybe Circleville or Roundville or something stupid.  Worst meal I've ever had.  We walked out after the breakfast came.  i dropped a $20 on the table and we drove to Food Lion and grabbed some apples for breakfast.  So disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread