What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NON-PPR: 1.02 for Perkins/Coleman/2018 1st (1 Viewer)

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy
Seriously considering this offer. The big downside is losing some depth

Give: Paul Perkins/Corey Coleman/2018 1st

Get: 1.02

I also have the #5 and #9 picks. 

Zealots NON-PPR league

Starting lineups are any combination of seven from

Number of Starting RBs:1-3

Number of Starting WRs:2-5

Number of Starting TEs:1-4

Lineup without trade would look about like this
Ajayi, Jay MIA RB
Freeman, Devonta ATL RB
1.05 = Dalvin Cook?
Adams, Davante GBP WR
Coleman, Corey CLE WR
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR
Walker, Delanie TEN TE

Post trade lineup would probably look like this
Ajayi, Jay MIA RB
Freeman, Devonta ATL RB
1.05 = Dalvin Cook?
Adams, Davante GBP WR
1.02 = Corey Davis
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR
Walker, Delanie TEN TE

My current roster (sans IDP)

Bradford, Sam MIN QB

Bridgewater, Teddy MIN 

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Ajayi, Jay MIA RB

Booker, Devontae DEN RB

Freeman, Devonta ATL RB

Perkins, Paul NYG RB

Richard, Jalen OAK RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Boldin, Anquan FA WR

Coleman, Corey CLE WR

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR

Inman, Dontrelle LAC WR

Tate, Golden DET WR

Brate, Cameron TBB TE

Heuerman, Jeff DEN TE

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE

Hooper, Austin ATL TE

Walker, Delanie TEN TE

I suppose I could take Fournette/Mixon at #2 and Williams at #5 (assuming no Davis available).

Ross will probably be there at #9 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy I think you have a greater need for WR and Coleman is your best one besides Adams. It is a lot to pay basically two 1st round picks plus a RB in a good situation Perkins.

I think you are better off with what you have.

Perhaps counter with Perkins alone and see what you could get for just him?

Andy I think you have a greater need for WR and Coleman is your best one besides Adams. It is a lot to pay basically two 1st round picks plus a RB in a good situation Perkins.

I think you are better off with what you have.

Perhaps counter with Perkins alone and see what you could get for just him?
I tried Perkins alone and this is what he countered with. 

I do get return yards for Hill so that evens it out a bit. 

I watched a lot of Coleman so I'm biased.  Eventually Cleveland will have a QB.  

Couldn't you leverage all of that capital for OBJ?

What would you suggest I do there as an offer? 

1.5/1.9/Coleman?
I like BnB suggestion if you are going to pay that much I would rather have a proven player. Its worth a shot I think, Mike Evans another good target for a deal like this.

It is still a lot to pay though and with your roster I would like to build up the quality of depth (keeping picks 5 and 9 to do so) for now before looking for consolidations moves like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that picks represent the shiny new toy that has yet to do anything at the NFL level.  You need WR help for sure but giving up that much to go from Corey Coleman (last year's Corey Davis) to Corey Davis isn't nearly worth what you are giving up.  That incremental improvement (if it is actually an improvement) isn't nearly enough for those pieces.

I would hold tight and go BPA with the picks you have. You will be able to get good to decent prospects with 5 & 9.             

What Gally said.  Perkins is in line to get a nice share of the NYG backfield.  Coleman still has a lot of promise if CLE can solve the QB situation.  Remember that Corey Davis is going to a run first team and I don't think Richard Matthews is going away anytime soon, plus Walker commands a lot of targets from the TE spot.

Stick with what you have.

Remember that picks represent the shiny new toy that has yet to do anything at the NFL level.  You need WR help for sure but giving up that much to go from Corey Coleman (last year's Corey Davis) to Corey Davis isn't nearly worth what you are giving up.  That incremental improvement (if it is actually an improvement) isn't nearly enough for those pieces.

I would hold tight and go BPA with the picks you have. You will be able to get good to decent prospects with 5 & 9.             
+1

I'd do that offer. Perkins feels like fool's gold to me, and Coleman, while a promising prospect, just doesn't have the upside that a guy like McCaffery or Fournette could have. I'd go best available at #2 and #5. I think Adams, Hill and Tate is a solid WR trio. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Tate so far, maybe I like him more than most, but I'd be 100% comfortable starting him on a weekly basis.

I would do the deal and take Davis at 2 and whatever rb is left at 5 or even trade up a spot or 2 if you like one of the guys over the other.

Users who are viewing this thread