What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

cool toys/inventions that get boring real quick (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
slinkies - pretty much everyone has to have one at one point in their lives, but after about 3 pushes down the stairs, the thrill is gone.

paddle boards - kinda cool when they came out and thousands flocked to buy one, but does anything scream 'LOOK AT ME I HAVE A PADDLE BOARD' louder than floating around doing absolutly nothing after having shelled out $500+.

Last edited by a moderator:
slinkies - pretty much everyone has to have one at one point in their lives, but after about 3 pushes down the stairs, the thrill is gone.

paddle boards - kinda cool when they came out and thousands flocked to buy one, but does anything scream 'LOOK AT ME I HAVE A PADDLE BOARD' louder than floating around doing absolutly nothing after having shelled out $500+.
these are the 2 you got?

Good lord.  Paddle boards are awesome exercise at the lake in the early morning, can be done with the wife, and are NOT $500, unless you want them to be.  

On the list: rolling gas firepits, turkey fryers, almost every board game ever invented, those marble maze games, most video games, golf gadgets outside of laser rangefinders, Irish people, and gum.

these are the 2 you got?

Good lord.  Paddle boards are awesome exercise at the lake in the early morning, can be done with the wife, and are NOT $500, unless you want them to be.  

On the list: rolling gas firepits, turkey fryers, almost every board game ever invented, those marble maze games, most video games, golf gadgets outside of laser rangefinders, Irish people, and gum.
Take it back!

Fidget Soinners are cool for the $2 it costs you. 

Way off on the paddle board. Great thing to have on the lake. Love using it at sunset on a nice calm night. Very peaceful. 

Fidget spinners. WTF? How is someone making a billion dollars off this junk? 
my 2 youngest LOVE them...but yes, the shine will wear off.  I saw a dude at a boat dealer playing with one...he was working at the time.

oooh, just remembered one - they lasted a while but then faded - Kendamas

pieface was fun the first time the kids used it... for a minute or two. second time.. yeah- ok. there's been no third time.

Last year there was a paddleboard yoga class at the reservoir near me.  They took to the water every Saturday at sunrise, just when I was throwing in my kayak to go fishing. Now apparently you had to be some MILF stripper to get into the class, at least from the looks of things.  Also, one day when I was coming back in one of the local H.S. had their cheerleaders out on a bunch of boards for some picture for their yearbook.  They were frolicking on those paddleboards, frolicking!  I like paddleboards, or at least the chicks who use them.

Totally pranked a guy with work with it at the christmas swap. Box is about the size and shape of a liquor bottle in a box when you stand it on end. Dude's a drinker so he went for it right away. Pretty much threw it out as soon as he unwrapped it.

It's a plastic dog on a leash, and the leash handle has a pump that moves the dog's legs. You "feed" it some playdoh in its mouth, then pump the handle a few times and it walks along, as the legs move the playdoh goes through the body. You get a certain number of steps then turn it over to someone else. If the playdoh comes out the back on your turn, you win (or lose?) and have to scoop it up. It's like hot potato, but with poop.
link?

Last year there was a paddleboard yoga class at the reservoir near me.  They took to the water every Saturday at sunrise, just when I was throwing in my kayak to go fishing. Now apparently you had to be some MILF stripper to get into the class, at least from the looks of things.  Also, one day when I was coming back in one of the local H.S. had their cheerleaders out on a bunch of boards for some picture for their yearbook.  They were frolicking on those paddleboards, frolicking!  I like paddleboards, or at least the chicks who use them.
Since you mentioned both MILF strippers & cheerleaders I had to give you a like.

are you making an argument for paddleboards or strippers?

The Nintendo WII. Got that thing for the family, my folks got one and my in laws. We played the bowling game a couple times, but about a week after we got it we never played it again. I busted it out about 5 years later when my two oldest were old enough to play video games but still had no idea they had a really crappy console. 

Users who are viewing this thread