What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for 1 replacement owner for keeper league on MFL (1 Viewer)

roarlions

Footballguy
We have 5 1 team available in a 12 team, keep 3 league run on MFL.

Link to league: http://www50.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/32899#0

Keepers work as follows - To keep 1 player, you must give up your 1st round draft pick. To keep 2 players, you give up 1st and 2nd round picks. To keep 3 players, you give up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.

Scoring for the league is 4 pts. per passing TD, 6 pts. per rushing/receiving TD, 1 pt. per 25 passing yards, 1 pt. per 10 rushing/receiving yards, 3 bonus pts. for all TDs over 59 yards, 0.5 pts. per RB reception, 1 pt. per WR reception, and 1.5 pts. per TE reception.

Starting lineup is 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D/ST.

Cost of the league is $4.50 to cover the fee for MFL.

Draft will be held late July or early August.

If interested, send me a PM or post here. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosters for open teams:

Claimed - Team 1 – all players are eligible to be kept and the team has the 1st pick in each of the first 4 rounds of the 2017 draft

Keenum, Case MIN QB
McCown, Josh NYJ QB
Osweiler, Brock CLE QB
Asiata, Matt MIN RB
Blount, LeGarrette NEP RB
Gore, Frank IND RB
Henry, Derrick TEN RB
Rawls, Thomas SEA RB
Smallwood, Wendell PHI RB
Coleman, Corey CLE WR
Cooks, Brandin NEP WR
Edelman, Julian NEP WR
Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR
Nelson, Jordy GBP WR
Eifert, Tyler CIN TE
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE
Vinatieri, Adam IND PK
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

Team 2 – all players are eligible to be kept and the team has the 2nd pick in each of the first 4 rounds of the draft - not available, original owner has decided to remain in league

Bradford, Sam MIN QB
Prescott, Dak DAL QB
Romo, Tony FA QB
Booker, Devontae DEN RB
Charles, Jamaal DEN RB
Gillislee, Mike NEP RB
Jennings, Rashad FA RB
Turbin, Robert IND RB
Agholor, Nelson PHI WR
Fuller, Will HOU WR
Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR
Shepard, Sterling NYG WR
Smith, Torrey PHI WR
Ebron, Eric DET TE
Green, Virgil DEN TE
Kendricks, Lance GBP TE
Bryant, Matt ATL PK
Broncos, Denver DEN Def

Claimed - Team 3 – all players are eligible to be kept and the team has the 11th pick in each of the first 4 rounds of the draft

Bortles, Blake JAC QB
Kaepernick, Colin FA QB
Stafford, Matthew DET QB
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB
Freeman, Devonta ATL RB
Hill, Jeremy CIN RB
Lacy, Eddie SEA RB
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR
Jones, Julio ATL WR
Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR
Matthews, Jordan PHI WR
Wallace, Mike BAL WR
Brate, Cameron TBB TE
Ertz, Zach PHI TE
Witten, Jason DAL TE
McManus, Brandon DEN PK
Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

Claimed - Team 4 – all players are eligible to be kept and the team has the 8th pick in each of the first 4 rounds of the draft

Cousins, Kirk WAS QB
Rivers, Philip LAC QB
Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB
Gordon, Melvin LAC RB
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB
Ingram, Mark NOS RB
Ivory, Chris JAC RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB
Benjamin, Travis LAC WR
Cooper, Amari OAK WR
Meredith, Cameron CHI WR
Smith, Steve FA WR
Thomas, Michael NOS WR
Barnidge, Gary FA TE
Kelce, Travis KCC TE
Bailey, Dan DAL PK
Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def
Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def

Open - Team 5 – all players except Le’Veon Bell are eligible to be kept and the team has the 3rd pick in each of the first 4 rounds of the draft

Brady, Tom NEP QB
Flacco, Joe BAL QB
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB
Langford, Jeremy CHI RB
Mathews, Ryan PHI RB
Thompson, Chris WAS RB
Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB
Brown, John ARI WR
Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR
Wheaton, Markus CHI WR
Allen, Dwayne NEP TE
Graham, Jimmy SEA TE
Miller, Zach CHI TE
Boswell, Chris PIT PK
Santos, Cairo KCC PK
Raiders, Oakland OAK Def
Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Players that can’t be kept by continuing teams include AJ Green, Antonio Brown, and Andrew Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't seem to be any interest in taking over the available teams. Would there be more interest if we did dispersal draft among the available teams? Or new draft for all teams?

Hmm, I don't know for sure why people aren't responding, but I don't think a dispersal draft is what you need.  If people were interested, I'm sure at least a team where you can keep Ezekiel Eliiot, Julio Jones and Devonta Freeman would be claimed.

For me it has to do with the keeper rules.  It would probably help to know how a player becomes ineligible to keep.  But also, I don't think I prefer these rules.  They should force weak teams to discard their entire roster and strong teams to keep 3 players.  Team #3, for example, will probably keep 3 players, while teams 1, 2 and 5 will be forced to drop all of their players to get into the first round of the draft to acquire Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown or Andrew Luck.  Team #4 has the choice to keep players or drop everyone, but which one is better for him is a gamble at how many other teams he thinks will drop all their players.  Instead of evaluating the players, he must evaluate the other managers, which doesn't sound appealing to me.

So when I look at Team #1 for example, I can't think "Hmm, there's some potential here," because I would immediately drop all of those players to get that first round pick..

But I'm sure everyone will have a slightly different opinion on these rules, and football season is still far off.  I suspect most of the people looking for leagues right now are more hardcore, looking for big money leagues, or dynasty leagues where they can pick obscure players this year in the hopes that they become stars next year.  As you get closer to football season, I'll bet more people will show up who are interested in rules like these.

Thanks for the feedback Jaxian.

Here is the info. about keepers, which I should have included in my earlier post.

A veteran player may only be protected for a maximum of two (2) consecutive drafts and then must re-enter the draft process (that is, a player drafted in year 1 may be protected from the draft process in years 2 and 3, but will then become a free agent, available for the draft for year 4). Players who are drafted as rookies may be protected for a maximum of three (3) consecutive drafts and then must re-enter the draft process (a rookie drafted in year 1 may be protected from the draft process in years 2, 3 and 4, but will then become a free agent, available for the draft for year 5). A player who is traded carries his existing contract and protection status to his new team. Thus, a player who is traded the year he is drafted may be protected by his new team a maximum of two (2) times if the player is a veteran or a maximum of three (3) times if the player is a rookie.  Each protected player on a team's roster will count as a draft choice in that year's draft. If a team elects not to protect any players, it will draft in its normal position in the first round. A team which protects one (1) player will forfeit its first round draft pick and will select in its normal position in the second round. This pattern will be followed for all protected players, with a team which protects three (3) players joining the draft in the fourth round. A team may not draft a player in the first three rounds of the draft who it had the option of naming as a protected player and failed to name.

Hopefully that info. helps. The time periods that players can be kept are relatively short so there are usually a few stud players available in the draft every year.

Since it is a superflex league QBs are at a premium and score well in the league. The tiered PPR scoring has helped to make RB, WR and TE relatively even in scoring.

You are right that for some teams they will have to gamble on how many other teams decide to not keep any players or decide to keep less than 3 players, but that is part of the strategy that makes the draft interesting every year.

We usually draft in late July or early August, so there is still time for prospective owners to make a decision about joining the league. However if the teams aren't claimed by early July it would be difficult to consider adding new owners at that point, so I hope that people will express interest by the end of June.

I would like to join i would like team 4 is my first choice if not team 3 my email is dudleycodie@yahoo.com if they are still available 

Last chance to join this league. Team 1 has been claimed, looking for someone to take over team 5 now. You already have Brady as a good keeper (since it is a superflex league) and/or early draft pick in each round. Planning to draft either the end of July or early August.

One of the owners who joined the league earlier this year had to suddenly drop out. Now looking for someone to take over his team. Here is the roster:

Bortles, Blake

Flacco, Joe

Kizer, DeShone

Luck, Andrew

Bell, Le'Veon

Conner, James

Cook, Dalvin

Peterson, Adrian

Woodhead, Danny

Fitzgerald, Larry

Hilton, T.Y. IND

Matthews, Rishard

Nelson, Jordy

Wallace, Mike

Williams, Tyrell

Bennett, Martellus

Tavecchio, Giorgio

Chiefs, Kansas City

This team will be no worse than 3 - 1 after week 3 and could be 4 - 0.

Everyone on the team was drafted this year so they are all eligible to be kept for 2 or 3 more seasons after this season.

The league fee is $4.50 per team to cover the cost of hosting the league on MFL.

If interested or if you have questions, please e-mail me at jsg@aresearch.com.

We have 1 open team available in this league, see earlier posts about rules, league set-up, etc. One of the owners who joined last year appears to be missing this year so we are looking for a replacement. Draft will be held in late August. Roster for open team:

Cousins, Kirk MIN QB

Hogan, Kevin WAS QB

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB

Lacy, Eddie FA RB

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB

Riddick, Theo DET RB

Thompson, Chris WAS RB

Benjamin, Kelvin BUF WR

Richardson, Paul WAS WR

Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR

Watkins, Sammy KCC WR

Ebron, Eric IND TE

Engram, Evan NYG TE

Kelce, Travis KCC TE

Tucker, Justin BAL PK

Bills, Buffalo BUF Def

Patriots, New England NEP Def

This team made the playoffs last year and will have the 7th pick in the first 4 rounds of our 2018 draft. All of the players on the team are eligible to be kept for the 2018 season.

The league fee is $4.50 per team to cover the cost of hosting the league on MFL.

If interested or if you have questions, please e-mail me at jsg@aresearch.com.

Users who are viewing this thread