What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Side: Miller - 1.03 or Dak Prescott - Melvin Gordon (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
12 Team - PPR dyansty league.  25 player roster with 4 roster taxi squad for rookies.  Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1D - 2 Flex (only can flex 1 TE and 1 RB/WR or 2 RB/WR).  Scoring is all TDs - 6, INT -2, all other scoring fractional type.  

Roster:
QB:  Bortles, Taylor, Bradford, Kaepernick  (probably dropping Kaep)
RB:  Miller, Lacy, Henry, Stewart, Booker, Hightower, McKinnon
WR: Allen, Hilton, J Matthews, Hurns, Thielen, Gabriel
TE:  Kelce, Hunter, Rudolph, Walford, Barnridge (probably letting go Barnridge, unless signs with solid team soon)
K/Def:  Gostkowski, Philly
TS:  Collins, Artis-Payne (will drop).

So, would you give up Miller/1.03 for Prescott/Gordon...  the offer had Farrow and Woodhead originally (without Dak) and the othe owner emailed me the mistake.  Not overly thrilled with the two pieces, thus looking around the roster.  IMO, Prescott is definitely an upgrade, while Gordon was 5.5 PPG (last year) over Miller.  

I have 1.3, 2.3, 3.3, 4.3...  other owner has 1.10, 1.11, 4.6 and 4.7... Luck, D Johnson, D. Martin, A Brown, as a few top players on roster.

What do you all think?

a second offer from another owner:  I give Bradford - 2.3 - 4.3 for Cousins - 2018 4th.  I would throw out the exchange for the 4ths.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take that deal. Like you said Dak is a big upgrade for you (long as he can avoid the sophomore slump), and I also consider Gordon an upgrade. Miller is more injury prone. Gordon is a more explosive player. People like to paint Gordon as injury prone for some reason. End of his rookie year was rough, but he was going to make it through last season until a defender fell into his knee in a fumble scrum. Could happen to anybody.

If you reject it you don't help your QB situation, and your best case scenario is probably McCaffery or Davis in the draft.

I would def jump on this.

I actually like both offers quite a bit.  I agree that Gordon>Miller at this point and will only widen the difference in the coming years and Dak is a huge upgrade at QB. 

I do like the second offer a lot in a vacuum but if you take the first offer there really isn't a need to give up the 2.3 for Cousins.  If you were torn on the first offer and didn't feel good about it or if there was a player you really liked at 1.3 I might reject the first offer and take the second.  Since I don't value draft picks as much as most I would accept the first offer though. 

I take the second offer.  I'm not real high on Dak with the WRs in Dallas and Zeke being such a huge weapon.  Between Bortles and Taylor, Bradford doesn't see the field.  Bradford is only a hair above ww fodder just because the rosters are so deep

Thanks everyone...  and in two drafts that I am in so far, both McCaffrey and Davis went 1 / 2.  In one, I got Fournette at 5 and in the other, Cook at 4.  So, I know I can get an RB with pick 3...with McCaffrey hoping to slide there.  I have to think hard about this one.  Cousins - Fournette/Cook (probably), keeping Miller...   or...   Dak - Gordon and maybe Hunt or Foreman at 2.3.   

I personally don't think Cousins is a big upgrade. He just lost 2 starting WR's and could very likely be on his way out after this season, I'm not sure he's worth a whole lot more than Taylor/Bortles, even if he is admittedly more trustworthy. I'd value the 2.3 over Cousins, and trust the ability to play matchups with Taylor/Bortles.

That said, I do love the Prescott/Gordon for Miller/1.3 offer. I'm a huge Prescott believer, and I think Gordon is a clear step above Miller, or any of the rookie RBs to be honest. If you threw in the 2.3, could you make it Lacy instead of Miller? 

I really like the second trade better than the first.

Gordon just had a major injury and has already had microfracture surgery at one point. I'm not real high on his longevity. The guy is trying to cut bait. Likely has a solid depth at QB since Dak hit and was likely not a high pick. Trying to cash in big time. 

Dak is a big upgrade for you but is a risk given now teams have lots of tape on him. Often times these QBs really come back to earth.

Cousins has done really well with not much at WR. So I don't put much stock into him losing WRs. To give up Bradford, a second, and a throw away for Cousins and a throw away is a huge upgrade IMO. I'd do that way before giving up your future. 

Davis would be a big upgrade for your WR group. Mixon/McCaffery would help your RB depth a lot. You could possibly grab a QB round 2 also

So really you have to look at it this way: which side of the trade do you like better...

Dak and Gordon OR Cousins, Miller and Mixon/Davis

I think when you pose it like that, almost everyone would take Cousins/Miller/Mixon or Davis over Dak/Gordon. Essentially that's what the trade is 

The owner with Cousins has Wilson as his other QB.  It's too bad I could not sneak Wilson with the 2.3 and 3.3, but that would not be enough IMO

Thanks DrDan...  the insight of what the combinations could be is what I am struggling with right at this moment.  The Cousins, Miller, Rookie RB (or Davis) looks inviting.  I will inquire as to what it might take to get Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread