Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Dan

Aaron Jones - Green Bay RB

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

?

you must not be watching. he looks great. broke 3 tackles on his first run. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

you must not be watching. he looks great. broke 3 tackles on his first run. 

Watching RZ, saw your popcorn so checked his stats on my bench, he had 1 pt :lol:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

Eh just looks like the typical GB backfield all over again. 3 headed monster with no consistent fantasy producer. 

it's his first game back...we have to let things shake out.  

19 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

Eh just looks like the typical GB backfield all over again. 3 headed monster with no consistent fantasy producer. 

McCarthy won’t committ to one guy

1 minute ago, rickyg said:

And it is promising that Williams got most of his work in the first half and they were getting killed.  When they needed to move the ball Jones was in.

Just now, kittenmittens said:

3 JAG committee

Cute. Neither Montgomery or Jones is JAG athletically or with what they do on the field. The only JAG out there is the one who couldn’t do more than one time (run > 15yds) in his career what Jones only needed 6 carries to do.

Jones is no doubt a talent and extremely efficient on the ground. TyMont’s use in the passing game today though has me thinking even if he can (and should) put Williams ### on the bench he’ll still end up in a split and not be used as much in the passing game as I would like.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rickyg said:

Oh I agree. I would honestly just be surprised if it isn’t RBBC and I have Jones in two leagues so would love if he took over. 

23 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

Cute. Neither Montgomery or Jones is JAG athletically or with what they do on the field. The only JAG out there is the one who couldn’t do more than one time (run > 15yds) in his career what Jones only needed 6 carries to do.

Jones is no doubt a talent and extremely efficient on the ground. TyMont’s use in the passing game today though has me thinking even if he can (and should) put Williams ### on the bench he’ll still end up in a split and not be used as much in the passing game as I would like.

I just mean that from the perspective that none of the 3 of them seems good enough at everything, or so good at a few things, that they force themselves onto the field at all times and take over as the main guy.

Williams isn't really impressive in any one way, but he's pretty solid all around and probably won't get Rodgers killed in pass protection.

Montgomery is a really good receiver but loses effectiveness or gets hurt when he tries to carry the load.

Jones is the best runner of the three and probably the most talented, but he isn't as good as Montgomery in the receiving role and isn't as trusted as either to protect Rodgers.

There are a decent amount of committee backs who aren't so good that they command all of the snaps, and in that way these guys are all JAGs.  Jones is the one who seems like he has the upside to eventually keep everyone else off the field and be the feature back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Lead the team in rushing and averaged 7 yards per carry.  It’s only a matter of time IMO

12 hours ago, ninogaggi said:

The takeover has begun ... 

In theory yes...but then welcome to Mike McCarthy.  Won't stick with a consistent plan with a RB...and just when Jones pops off too runs, its time for 5 straight pass attempts.

Anyone trotting him out there this week?  Hoping GB gets up big early and pounds the ball the 2nd half to preserve Rodgers.

Maybe get lucky with a TD.  

Unfortunately my options are slim

40 minutes ago, Jman18980 said:

Anyone trotting him out there this week?  Hoping GB gets up big early and pounds the ball the 2nd half to preserve Rodgers.

Starting him over Ajayi and hoping for the best.

49 minutes ago, Jman18980 said:

If Fournette plays I am likely playing Jones in my dynasty league. I am very thin at RB however so I'm not starting him over anyone significant. 

I do think this is a week where we may see Jones get a lot of work.

Rodgers looked like he was in pain last week. And if Buffalo can be the Buffalo from week 1 and 2, not week 3, I think GB will be looking to run the ball a lot. Jones is their best runner, and he offers them the best chance to give Rodgers a little bit of a breather. This could be a very big week for Jones from a volume stand point. Get your popcorn ready

On 9/24/2018 at 6:56 AM, Synthesizer said:

24 touches for Packers RBs, split 10/7/7.  Full blown RBBC where nobody will get more than about 12 touches until someone gets hurt.

It's an RBBC because this was Aaron Jones first game back. Now that we see how much better he is as a pure RB than Jamaal, I believe he will be gettting the lions share going forward.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

It's an RBBC because this was Aaron Jones first game back. Now that we see how much better he is as a pure RB than Jamaal, I believe he will be gettting the lions share going forward.

I'm starting  him this week.  I think this is his backfield but i've been wrong before

Did you guys see Aaron rodgers’ Comments on Jones after the game on Sunday?  He flat out said they need to get him on the field more and figure out ways to get the ball in his hands.  He compared him to Ryan grant and said he is maybe more elusive than grant in the open field.   The man crush is real.  Arodg is pushing for Jones to be the rb1.  He’s no idiot.  He knows which Rb has the talent to make his job easier.  I would imagine if arodg is saying this, Mccarthy is listening.  

Its definitely a risky move to play jones this week BC we simply don’t know what his role will be.  However, he is playing one of the softer run defenses in the league, and I think the game script will favor the running game. We could see a lot of Jones I the 2nd half if the Pack go up big right away.  

I am struggling bw Jones/Drake myself.  

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, rickyg said:

Did you guys see Aaron rodgers’ Comments on Jones after the game on Sunday?  He flat out said they need to get him on the field more and figure out ways to get the ball in his hands.  He compared him to Ryan grant and said he is maybe more elusive than grant in the open field.   The man crush is real.  Arodg is pushing for Jones to be the rb1.  He’s no idiot.  He knows which Rb has the talent to make his job easier.  I would imagine if arodg is saying this, Mccarthy is listening.  

Its definitely a risky move to play jones this week BC we simply don’t know what his role will be.  However, he is playing one of the softer run defenses in the league, and I think the game script will favor the running game. We could see a lot of Jones I the 2nd half if the Pack go up big right away.  

I am struggling bw Jones/Drake myself.  

I'd go Jones over Drake. I'm deciding to go ballsy and sit Collins for Jones. I just see Jones getting 12-15 touches, especially since they should be up in the second half

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rickyg said:

Yes, his praise of Jones goes back more than just a week. He was super excited to have him in last year. I posted that earlier this preseason and got some flack from Williams apologists. 

All I know, is when Rodgers speaks, I listen

• Like 3

As much as I hope Jones gets more touches, I know I'll be disappointed because MM is a stubborn SOB and doesn't care about my fantasy teams. RBBC like it or not. :kicksrock:

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-backfield-built-to-keep-opponents-guessing?campaign=email_180928

Edited by Dark Matter
added hot off the presses before Faust got it!

4 hours ago, CanaBuc said:

I saw one good run 3 meh runs and one with a hope so big I could have gotten those yards.

Maybe you watched a different game 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

I watched the highlight a few posts up

I feel like you didn't. 3 of the first 4 runs were excellent. 

8 hours ago, CanaBuc said:

I saw one good run 3 meh runs and one with a hope so big I could have gotten those yards.

Jamaal Williams would've got about 20 yards on those same touches.

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

4 rushes for 20 yards? 5.0 ypc?optimistic. Williams would have been lucky to get 15 yards on those carries

ETA: I think you meant all those touches not just the 4 cana referenced. yes, I agree

Edited by Dr. Dan

Aaron Jones break out week coming tomorrow. Just don’t have the stones to start him over Collins or Carson 

I need to risk some high ceiling starts tomorrow. Got torched on Thursday by woods gurley and diggs. 

Think i may start Aaron over buck Allen in my flex. 

• Like 1

I'm more invested in the future but 1 team that I'm weak at RB with Chris Thompson on bye I'm rolling with the future GB bell cow Aaron Jones. I hope the future is now but I fear he gets the Collins treatment.

5 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

4 rushes for 20 yards? 5.0 ypc?optimistic. Williams would have been lucky to get 15 yards on those carries

ETA: I think you meant all those touches not just the 4 cana referenced. yes, I agree

Yep, all. lol 

On 9/28/2018 at 0:29 PM, ahartig said:

The $100 million dollar man has spoken, get Jones the ball.  Dammit, I may have to flex him over John Brown this week.  I played against Diggs, Gurley and Robert Woods last night, ugh.  Need a spark

https://twitter.com/SeedsofJake/status/1045121210047242240

He basically said “AJones is just like Ryan Grant - but faster and more elusive” 

Edited by ninogaggi

9 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Williams looked pretty good on the the runs I saw. His YPC was nice, anyway.

I actually want to like Jones more as far as FF, but I think the Packers see what I see. Not a great tackle-breaker, not particularly good long speed, a mediocre pass-catcher, & a shaky pass-blocker.

Is it any real surprise he's in a RBBC? I mean, it's not like Jones is a great prospect. He's got some juice, but I kinda doubt the Packers even view him as a feature back.

Maybe we'll know more soon.

For what it’s worth, the announcers on CBS said that McCarthy wants Aaron Jones to carry the ball about 10 times today.... 

8 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Wut

Jones doesn't have real good timed speed. Not his strong suit.

He's also a little light in the pants to be a strong tackle-breaker. Williams is only a few pounds heavier, but runs much tougher.

Jones does have some juice, though. I wish I liked him more because if somebody emerges there, they could have nice value.

Right now, I just don't see it.

Edited by Football Jones

4 minutes ago, ratbast said:

And Montgomery is still good

And coaches are stupid.  Williams shouldn't see the field the rest of the season barring injury.  This backfield should belong to Montgomery and Jones.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

Aaron Jones break out week coming tomorrow. Just don’t have the stones to start him over Collins or Carson 

Not sure if I’m feeling this :thumbup: or this :wall: