What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (4 Viewers)

It is past week 8 and he should get a majority of the carries going forward. 1000 yards should be had, I’m way off on this guy for this season so far. Congrats to the ajones believers

It is past week 8 and he should get a majority of the carries going forward. 1000 yards should be had, I’m way off on this guy for this season so far. Congrats to the ajones believers
Not sure what really changed.

He got 12 carries. If he didn't rip off that 33 yard TD it would have been totally pedestrian. And, J. Williams got a 1 yard TD plunge.

The guy looks great, but I didn't see this as THE game where he's suddenly getting 15-20 touches from this point forward. I wish.

He got 12 carries. If he didn't rip off that 33 yard TD it would have been totally pedestrian. And, J. Williams got a 1 yard TD plunge.

The guy looks great, but I didn't see this as THE game where he's suddenly getting 15-20 touches from this point forward. I wish.
Huh? He got a season high in snaps and touches

kyoun1e said:

Can't believe that you watched the game then. Dude was consistently ripping 6-7 ypc. Would have been pedestrian/average by a standard fantasy score, but that's not his fault. If you're getting that kind of ypc you're getting more touches with most every coach. But McCarthy is an idiot.

Let's say we take away the long run...that's still 53 yards on 11 carries. A 4.8 avg. Still pretty darn good.

Last edited by a moderator:
#freejones not that Montgomery was the guy holding him back but it’s atleast 1 less rb that McCarthy can think abt giving the ball to instead of jones. Can be a league winner if he is actually used

Would it make sense to assume that Jones is now the RB that will handle the hurry up offense.....TY had that on lockdown

Would it make sense to assume that Jones is now the RB that will handle the hurry up offense.....TY had that on lockdown
Could just as easily be Williams taking that, but its possible Jones does, or they just stick with whomever's turn it is. The Montgomery trade is a slight boost to both Jones and Williams, but you'd really hope this leads to more Jones.

Interesting..... https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/10/30/18042452/its-aaron-jones-job-now-packers-mike-mccarthy-running-back-by-committee-rams

If anything, Sunday’s gameplan could have used even more Jones, who now leads the league among qualified backs with 6.2 yards per attempt. The only two skill players to get more snaps than Jones were Jimmy Graham and Davante Adams, as the second-year back out-snapped Jamaal Williams 32-13, with the struggling Montgomery seeing just 6 offensive snaps.
Didn't realize this, but that is huge.

A.Jones is sitting out on the ww and I’m in dire need of a RB (Fornette, Yeldon, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller). ‘Bout to break the bank over the likes of D.Lewis and D.Henry based on potential opportunity going forward...if he puts up 10 pts per game, so be it. 

New England has been very generous to RB's, and I think Jones is going to have a monster game on national TV. No putting the genie back in the bottle after Sunday night. 

It just so happens that the Pats have given up 28.2 FPG to RB’s the past 4 weeks. Feel free to bench him, but this is the big week we have been waiting for. 
Is that full PPR? - To be clear though, a lot of that's been through the air.

I'd start AJ too, NE is almost always a good matchup for any player/team, but these are the last 4 weeks for Rbs vs NE:

Ind - Hines - 15/45/0 (ru) + 9/7/45/0 (rec) & Wilkins 6/39/0 + 2/2/9/0

KC - Hunt - 10/80/0 + 6/5/105/1

@Chi - Cohen - 6/14/0 + 12/8/69/1 & Howard 12/39/1 + 1/1/9/0 

@Buf - McCoy - 12/13/0 + 8/6/82/0 + Ivory 6/34/0 + 2/1/11/0

- 3.9 ypc average.

I guess it surprises me when actually looking at it but the GB backs haven't been doing much through the air all year. 29/267/0 all year and 15/169/0 of that belonged toTy. AJ is 6/41/0 all year. Williams is 8/57/0.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Is that full PPR? - To be clear though, a lot of that's been through the air.

I'd start AJ too, NE is almost always a good matchup for any player/team, but these are the last 4 weeks for Rbs vs NE:

Ind - Hines - 15/45/0 (ru) + 9/7/45/0 (rec) & Wilkins 6/39/0 + 2/2/9/0

KC - Hunt - 10/80/0 + 6/5/105/1

@Chi - Cohen - 6/14/0 + 12/8/69/1 & Howard 12/39/1 + 1/1/9/0 

@Buf - McCoy - 12/13/0 + 8/6/82/0 + Ivory 6/34/0 + 2/1/11/0

- 3.9 ypc average.

I guess it surprises me when actually looking at it but the GB backs haven't been doing much through the air all year. 29/267/0 all year and 15/169/0 of that belonged toTy. AJ is 6/41/0 all year. Williams is 8/57/0.
JW is 8/15, AJ is 6/8 (in 2 less games) for receptions to targets. AJ is the much better receiver. Seems he would be more reasonable to get the majority of Tys targets left behind 

As it relates to NE...BB looks to try and take away what an offense does best.  I would suspect his focus will not be directed towards Aaron Jones.  He'd prefer the ball not be in Rodgers hands. So...the opportunity will be there for the run game to have a big effort.

A. Jones or Alex Collins in PPR dynasty?
one has less competition, was just named the starter, and is trending up. the other just got more competition, cant hang onto the ball, and is a FA after this year 

ETA: If I could swap Collins in my redraft/keeper for Jones I would in a heartbeat. In dynasty there is no way I'd trade Jones for Collins. 

one has less competition, was just named the starter, and is trending up. the other just got more competition, cant hang onto the ball, and is a FA after this year 

ETA: If I could swap Collins in my redraft/keeper for Jones I would in a heartbeat. In dynasty there is no way I'd trade Jones for Collins. 
Fully with you on this.

Collins has had plenty of time to cement himself... jury still out.

Arron Jones is in the crucible right now. Taking it and running with it.

This is the type of game where the Patriots dare the Packers to run the ball.  I foresee plenty of running room and dump offs between the 20's.  I think Jones could have a big game.  

Here we go again. 

Jones looks great on the first drive.

McCarthy puts WIlliams in for the entire 2nd drive.
Seriously a bottom quarter coach in the league masked by a great QB. He does already have 48 yards tho. A 100 yard game could be possible.

Mike McCarthy has been OC for the Saints 2000-2004, SF 2005, and HC of GB since. That's 19 years. In all that time his offenses have been ranked 15-29 (32nd being least) in rush attempts 14 of those 19 years. He ranked 12-14th four times. He ranked in the top 10, 7th, once, 2000, his first year with the Saints and his first year as an OC. He is never going to change.

Seriously a bottom quarter coach in the league masked by a great QB. He does already have 48 yards tho. A 100 yard game could be possible.
Not even close to true. There are some really bad coaches out there. Should he have had more success with Rodgers? Yes he should have, but a whole lot of coaches would have had no success at all. McCarthy is an above average coach. 

I’m amazed that with the season on the line— down 7 w/ 8 min to go.

you roll jamaal Williams out there for 3 straight snaps and go 3 and out.

i get jones just fumbled— unfortunately— he’s still your best RB and it’s not close.

death sentence from MM- he’s asking to be fired

Red Zone play calling for GB was just bizarre last night, not to mention the fact that a smart coach would have known their best chance in that game was 20 carries for Aaron Jones.  They basically played with the same handicap NE had with Michel even though their best RB wasn’t injured.  Horrible coaching.

Brady is the Reason Belichick has so many super bowl trophies.  Rodgers is the reason McCarthy has an NFL headcoaching job.

terrible coaching last night. was bizarre to watch. at one point I switched channels to watch Mickey Mouse's birthday celebration. 

He looks great but McCarthy is going to self sabotage which caps Jones' upside. 

Red Zone play calling for GB was just bizarre last night, not to mention the fact that a smart coach would have known their best chance in that game was 20 carries for Aaron Jones.  They basically played with the same handicap NE had with Michel even though their best RB wasn’t injured.  Horrible coaching.

Brady is the Reason Belichick has so many super bowl trophies.  Rodgers is the reason McCarthy has an NFL headcoaching job.
I just don't understand why this team refuses to run on the goal line. It's insane.

Was thinking this was the week A. Jones would crack 15+ carries. Close. Also, got a couple of receptions. Still, J. Williams presence and McCarthy's idiocy keeps this guy as a flex option.

Not sure the breakout is going to come.

I just don't understand why this team refuses to run on the goal line. It's insane.
Because this has been their M.O. since the Favre days, and as much as it doesn’t make any sense (especially when Jones is so insanely effective), I fear it’s simply not going to change.

Aaron Jones handled 15 carries for 145 yards and two touchdowns, tacking on three catches for 27 yards in the Packers' Week 10 victory over the Dolphins.

Jones dropped a pass on the team's first play, but it didn't matter. He stayed on the field and still got four touches for 54 yards on Green Bay's opening drive, paving the way for his monstrous two-score afternoon. Jones was averaging a league-high 6.0 YPC heading into Sunday, and yet somehow increased that mark to 6.76 YPC at the end of the day. He didn't even step onto the field for the Packers' final possession and still out-touched Jamaal Williams 18-3. Consider this game an official passing of the torch as Jones should receive RB1 usage (and flourish with it) for the remainder of the season.

Nov 11 - 7:26 PM

Users who are viewing this thread