What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (5 Viewers)

I know quite a few people who are fairly high on Williams, including Waldman (& the Packers). Personally, I like his overall game & believe it'll transfer to the pros as he gets more comfortable. Williams needs to get more aggressive similar to the way he played in college, but he's much more dynamic than given credit for by many people.

That said, my interest in him had a lot to do with his ADP. You could typically get Williams in the mid-2nd to early 3rd (dynasty). I believe it's outstanding value considering his ability & situation.
Aaron Jones looks good on the videos I've seen him (perhaps a dozen or so).

I know quite a few people who are fairly high on Williams, including Waldman (& the Packers). Personally, I like his overall game & believe it'll transfer to the pros as he gets more comfortable. Williams needs to get more aggressive similar to the way he played in college, but he's much more dynamic than given credit for by many people.

That said, my interest in him had a lot to do with his ADP. You could typically get Williams in the mid-2nd to early 3rd (dynasty). I believe it's outstanding value considering his ability & situation.
you know the packers? wow...

Aaron Jones has even better value. he's shown to be a better rb than Williams thus far and his adp is much lower.

you know... waldman was very high on Williams but if you read his gut check this week you'd see how he said Williams is not the same back from college and Jones looks better. he seems quite high on Jones 

I get it, though. Some FFers like Jones.

I'm not saying Williams is a lock, but I do believe he's a better feature back prospect than Jones.

it's cool, I realize you have Williams on your dynasty roster and you are rooting for him. it's fine. i have no dog in this fight, I own neither of them. Jones has looked better than Williams since they donned green and gold. that's all I need to know for now

Last edited by a moderator:
you said you know of many people who like Williams, Including waldman and the packers. I'm surprised of your networking 
LOL. I do know a lot of people who like Williams. I included the Packers because he's ahead of Jones.

Regardless of what we think, they're the only ones that really matter. 

Interesting situation. Seems to be some polarizing opinions.

LOL. I do know a lot of people who like Williams. I included the Packers because he's ahead of Jones.

Regardless of what we think, they're the only ones that really matter. 

Interesting situation. Seems to be some polarizing opinions.
I was never too thrilled with Williams. I had high hopes. if he does well the packers do. I predicted Jones as the starting back after the bye week due to an injury to Ty. would be kind of cool to be right but Ty looks really good when healthy. 

If williams can play the way he did in college I agree he can be a dynamic rubber, but so far he looks like Eddie lacy 2017. 

it's cool, I realize you have Williams on your dynasty roster and you are rooting for him. it's fine. i have no dog in this fight, I own neither of them. Jones has looked better than Williams since they donned green and gold. that's all I need to know for now
To me, it really doesn't matter if I have a dog in the fight or not, but rosters are driven by who you like. If I liked Jones more, he'd be on my roster because he was on the board when I took Williams. :)  

I was never too thrilled with Williams. I had high hopes. if he does well the packers do. I predicted Jones as the starting back after the bye week due to an injury to Ty. would be kind of cool to be right but Ty looks really good when healthy. 

If williams can play the way he did in college I agree he can be a dynamic rubber, but so far he looks like Eddie lacy 2017. 
Williams does need to run more aggressively like he did at BYU.

Time will tell.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Aaron Jones worked as the Packers' first-team running back at practice this week.

Jones was a popular waiver add after going for 49 yards and a touchdown in last week's win over the Bears, but that was before we knew the status of Jamaal Williams (knee), who got in a full week of practice. Rapsheet's report suggests Jones will be first in line for carries Sunday in Dallas, even with Williams healthy. Lead back Ty Montgomery (broken ribs) is listed as doubtful despite being a limited participant at practice this week.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 8 - 8:36 AM

This is going to be interesting. Williams is obviously healthy enough to play, but we don't know if his knee is going to limit him.

Do they ride the hot hand? Lots of unanswered questions in this one.

FWIW here are the college receiving stats for Aaron Jones 

2013 9 games 7 targets 4 receptions 14 yards 
2014 12 games 39 targets 30 receptions 284 yards 3 TD
2015 2 games 10 targets 9 receptions 106 yards 1 TD
2016 12 games 35 targets 28 receptions 233 yards 3 TD

Total 91 targets 71 receptions (78%) 646 yards 7.09 yards per target

For Jamaal Williams

2012 36 targets 27 receptions (75%) 315 yards  1 TD
2013 25 targets 18 receptions (72%) 125 yards 
2014 11 targets 8 recptions (72.7%) 47 yards 
2016 13 targets 7 receptions (53.9%) 80 yards 

Total 85 targets 60 receptions (70%) 567 yards 6.7 yards per target

Jones was targeted more and was more efficient than Williams in catch rate yards per target and scored more receiving TD

Slider said:
Williams is much better. Given the chance he'll impress and Jones will become a scat back or hurt.
running straight and falling down after two yards must be what you look for in a back

running straight and falling down after two yards must be what you look for in a back
Well he's averaging 3.6 in his very limited snaps vs Jones 3.8 so I've never seen either fall down after 2 yards. Guess you don't watch college ball either. 

Well he's averaging 3.6 in his very limited snaps vs Jones 3.8 so I've never seen either fall down after 2 yards. Guess you don't watch college ball either. 
Let's stop being silly.  I drafted Williams hoping he could take over if Ty ever went down, but to be honest he's looked terrible.  I've since dropped him for Jones since Williams didn't pass the eye test.  We'll find out today a lot more who the better back is.  I'm betting on Jones.

Let's stop being silly.  I drafted Williams hoping he could take over if Ty ever went down, but to be honest he's looked terrible.  I've since dropped him for Jones since Williams didn't pass the eye test.  We'll find out today a lot more who the better back is.  I'm betting on Jones.
Week 5 and we're going to find out who's better? Good luck with that.

Through 3 quarters he has 4 runs over 10 yards, a 100 yard game and a TD.  I said earlier we'll learn a lot more.  I think we have.  

Ugh I was so close to playing him over Abdullah. I just hope Monty is out next week so I can play Jones. 

GB hasn't had a RB this  fast and athletic in the Rodgers era. 

I said week 8 he would take the job, I might have been wrong, could be earlier 

This is the best performance by a GB rb in quite some time. I don't know how he goes to the bench completely when Ty comes back. 

Meh. Color me not impressed. Gurley had over 200 total yards against Dallas last week

Finally GB has a talented RB.  Mont. is trash.  Hopefully the Packers coaches realize this and don't push Jones to the bench once he's back.

Lol 1 week. For the record, I own none of these backs and am ecstatic that the Cowboys lost. Just keep in mind it's a long season.
Dude I was only making fun of you misquoting me before.  I know one week doesn't make him an all-pro, but I said originally that we may learn "a lot more" today.  I stand by what I said originally.  We learned a lot more

The Pack have a good problem on their hands. 
You can say that again.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Montgomery and Jones when both are healthy. I think Jones' showing though allows them to sit Montgomery until the bye.

Also going overlooked is the value that he adds to the offense in terms of setting up play action.

Users who are viewing this thread