Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Interseptopus

Aaron Jones - Green Bay RB

9 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

A lotta people eating a lotta crow on Mr. Jones this season...

Mr. Jones is definitely gonna strike up a conversation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

10 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

A lotta people eating a lotta crow on Mr. Jones this season...

Even as a Packers fan...I am eating it...(especially with Michael Thomas hurt).  Went Jacobs in the first (drafting 9 out of 10) and took Thomas on the turnaround.  Kicking myself for not taking Jones.  Though, my team is still humming along pretty well...injuries piling up does not help and Jacobs and Jones would have made a hell of a 1-2 punch.

13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Even as a Packers fan...I am eating it...(especially with Michael Thomas hurt).  Went Jacobs in the first (drafting 9 out of 10) and took Thomas on the turnaround.  Kicking myself for not taking Jones.  Though, my team is still humming along pretty well...injuries piling up does not help and Jacobs and Jones would have made a hell of a 1-2 punch.

I had the 9 pick out of 10 in one league and the 9 pick out of 14 in another and went Jacobs/Jones in both...very happy I did.

2 hours ago, Man In The Box said:

Mr. Jones is definitely gonna strike up a conversation. 

I wish he was a little more funky.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Truebluey said:

Agreed. All that "TD regression" stuff means nothing when you have a RB who is fantastic as a receiver catching passes from Aaron Rodgers.

(He went 1.12 in our League)

I always wondered why this applied to Jones but not McCafferty.

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

IDK. When everybody loves you, that's about as funky as you can be.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

IDK. When everybody loves you, that's about as funky as you can be.

Mr. Jones and me, gonna win a championship....

• Love 1

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Die hard Pack fan in my league who had AJ last year passed on him and I scooped the pick after. He usually has a lot of GB players on his team and even reaches for some. Hasn't said anything yet but I'm sure he regrets it now lol

27 minutes ago, hamsterdam said:

Die hard Pack fan in my league who had AJ last year passed on him and I scooped the pick after. He usually has a lot of GB players on his team and even reaches for some. Hasn't said anything yet but I'm sure he regrets it now lol

I regret not having any of these Packers on my team (most of my regret is due to being heavily invested in Michael Thomas and seeing that amount to nothing for a bit)....and watching the Packers put up 40 points a week.

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I regret not having any of these Packers on my team (most of my regret is due to being heavily invested in Michael Thomas and seeing that amount to nothing for a bit)....and watching the Packers put up 40 points a week.

I would temper this expectation as they have faced the terrible Lion and Viking defenses thus far.  It is bound to get more difficult when they play an actual NFL defense.

7 hours ago, tangfoot said:

He needs to work on his celebrations.  

Heck, emmitt smith made it on dancing with the stars.

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Gally said:

I would temper this expectation as they have faced the terrible Lion and Viking defenses thus far.  It is bound to get more difficult when they play an actual NFL defense.

Well yeah...still its an offense with balance, a solid  OL, and studs at RB, WR and an almost written off stud at QB.  I think having a piece of one of those three would be nice and its a year ive got nothing on that team.

• Like 2

FMIA Week 2: Let Russ Cook? Wilson Has Ingredients For First MVP Season

Excerpt:

Aaron Jones, running back, Green Bay. There won’t be many better games for a running back in the NFL this year: 22 touches from scrimmage, 236 yards, 10.6 yards per touch, three touchdowns. Imagine producing a first down, in effect, every time you touch the ball. What’s so interesting about Jones is his ability to make up for the lack of depth in the Green Bay wideout corps with his ability to produce winning plays in the passing game downfield.

18 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Well yeah...still its an offense with balance, a solid  OL, and studs at RB, WR and an almost written off stud at QB.  I think having a piece of one of those three would be nice and its a year ive got nothing on that team.

I couldn't believe it when Jones was still there pick 14 in my 12 team non-PPR league.  I paired him with Mixon (so far a disappointment for my first pick) and Conner as the core of the team.  Having both Jones and Dak Prescott last week kinda made for an epic weekly score.

Aaron Jones had 16 carries for 69 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Week 3 win over the Saints.

It was a step back after Jones went off for 168 yards and three touchdowns last week.  Jones managed to save his night with a one-yard goal-line conversion, but he wasn't used much in the pass game, making just two catches for 17 yards on four targets. Jones should see a heavy workload for a Week 4 matchup with the Falcons.

Sep 27, 2020, 11:56 PM ET

Aaron Jones rushed 15 times for 71 yards in the Packers' Week 4 win over the Falcons.

He caught all five of his targets for 40 yards and a touchdown in the passing game, getting the scoring started with a six-yard touchdown grab in the first quarter where the Falcons completely forgot to cover him. Jones now has six touchdowns through four games and has cemented his place among the top five fantasy backs moving forward. He gets a Week 5 bye ahead of a road date with the Bucs following that.

Oct 6, 2020, 12:19 AM ET

4 hours ago, Jamesinaz said:

What would you buy low to sell A Jones high for?

M Thomas, CMC, Barkley

10 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

M Thomas, CMC, Barkley

M.Thomas - maybe if I was weak at WR and had depth at RB, otherwise no. 
CMC - I’m not up on his injury and excepted return, if he’s due back soon I’d make the trade but I can’t see a CMC FF GM doing the deal. 
Barkley for Jones - no way. I’m keeping the Packer l’m not trading for a Giant. 

Nooooo he missed practice today. Says he'll be on injury report.

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1319689171884269568?s=20

Williams already owned in my league, think Dillon is worth a scoop?

Rotoworld:

Packers RB Aaron Jones did not practice Friday and will be on the team's final Week 7 injury report. 

Jones appearing on the week's final injury report after not being listed with an injury this week is a bad sign for his availability against the Texans. RB Tyler Ervin (wrist) is still being held out of practice, meaning Jamaal Williams could be in for a considerable workload against Houston. Rookie RB AJ Dillon would presumably chip in too. Williams should be added in all leagues. 

RELATED: 

Jamaal Williams

, AJ Dillon

SOURCE: Matt Schneidman

Oct 23, 2020, 1:26 PM ET

So, this is not great.

@TomPelissero 3m

#Packers RB Aaron Jones suffered a very mild calf strain in practice Thursday, per source. Jones wants to play Sunday against the #Texans but sounds like it'll be a game-time decision.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

So, this is not great.

Not unless you've got Jamaal Williams.  Packers tend to be quite conservative with injuries to skill position players, too.  Just ask Davante...

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, this is not great.

Meh, could be much worse. Sounds like a one week injury at the most. Jamaal should see a massive workload if he does indeed miss the game. 

6 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Meh, could be much worse. Sounds like a one week injury at the most. Jamaal should see a massive workload if he does indeed miss the game. 

With a little bit of Tyler Ervin and probably even A.J. Dillon sprinkled in for good measure.

I'll stay hopeful,  but not going expect AJ playing.  Seems like teams will strategically call it a GTD when it's worse.  Calves can be tricky. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gruecd said:

With a little bit of Tyler Ervin and probably even A.J. Dillon sprinkled in for good measure.

I don’t think Ervin’s practiced all week. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Ervin missed last week and didn’t practice today. He may be broken as well.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I don’t think Ervin’s practiced all week. 

22 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Ervin missed last week and didn’t practice today. He may be broken as well.

I knew he missed last week, but I just assumed he was back.  Feeling even better about snagging Jamaal off waivers a little while ago.  From what I hear, Dillon is really having a hard time learning the playbook, so I'm not too worried about him.

Edited by gruecd

4 minutes ago, gruecd said:

I knew he missed last week, but I just assumed he was back.  Feeling even better about snagging Jamaal off waivers a little while ago.  From what I hear, Dillon is really having a hard time learning the playbook, so I'm not too worried about him.

It would be the Jamaal show I think with Dillon giving him a breather. Really nice play if Jones is out.

31 minutes ago, Teef said:

I'll stay hopeful,  but not going expect AJ playing.  Seems like teams will strategically call it a GTD when it's worse.  Calves can be tricky. 

Its not far from the Achilles.

Packers are so conservatives you might as well get him out of your lineups.

If he plays though, fire him up. 

$#%^!   #^*+!   #?%*#%>%!   Enough with the injuries this year man.  

1 hour ago, Gally said:

Ask Adams how that worked out for him....

:yells into the kitchen from the couch without turning eyes from Saved by the Bell reruns: “Hey Adams!!! How’d that work out for you?!?”