What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ideal take away from this rookie draft, a few scenarios (1 Viewer)

Pwingles

Footballguy
12 team ppr, te premium

Can start up to 2 rb, 5 wr, 2 Te 

notable starters

gurley, mccoy, crowell, perkins

evans, hopkins, thomas (nos), ar15, DT

notable picks, 1.01, 1.05 other picks are 3rd or later.

the owner at 1.02 will take whoever of LF and Davis is available. Same owner owns 3, and 4 will take either CMC or Mixon at 3, howard at 4.

So, i am effectively starring at LF and Cook/CMC (he prefers mixon) or Davis and Cook/CMC. 

Whats the play here?

Something to consider, a rule change going into effect next off season is the ability to flex another RB, so can start 3, vs start 2 max this year

The play is to take the best player at 1.1, then take the best player available at 1.5.

shouldn't this be in the new and improved AC forum?

edit - i see it was just moved

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the scenario have described and your strength at WR, I would go with the RB you like best at 1..01 and then the RB you prefer at 1.05.  Adding two of the top 4 RB's out of this draft will be a nice foundation and give you a ton of depth at the RB spot.  This will give you a lot of flexibility for trades and roster options.  I think that is the play here.        

Pwingles said:
12 team ppr, te premium

Can start up to 2 rb, 5 wr, 2 Te 

notable starters

gurley, mccoy, crowell, perkins

evans, hopkins, thomas (nos), ar15, DT

notable picks, 1.01, 1.05 other picks are 3rd or later.

the owner at 1.02 will take whoever of LF and Davis is available. Same owner owns 3, and 4 will take either CMC or Mixon at 3, howard at 4.

So, i am effectively starring at LF and Cook/CMC (he prefers mixon) or Davis and Cook/CMC. 

Whats the play here?

Something to consider, a rule change going into effect next off season is the ability to flex another RB, so can start 3, vs start 2 max this year
I'd see if he has interested in turning 1.2 (or 1.3) + late 2nd into 1.1 since you aren't sold on anything.

I'd see if he has interested in turning 1.2 (or 1.3) + late 2nd into 1.1 since you aren't sold on anything.
the way i wrote the OP was confusing, the same person owns the 3 and 4, a different owner owns the 2

1.01 me

1.02 owner A

1.03 owner B

1.04 owner B

1.05 me

I am doubling up at RB as well.....Fournette at 1 and whatever RB is available at 5.  You're guaranteed Fournette and one of Mixon, McCaffrey, or Cook.

Users who are viewing this thread