What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Airlines gone crazy thread. Brawl on Southwest flight..Riot in Florida airport. (1 Viewer)

Soon they'll have to start disembarking instructions. "Wait your turn", basically.

SWA leaves a lot for the passengers to decide/work out among themselves. Have boarding pass number A1-15? Go stand in line. Who decides if 11 is in front of 12? Passengers do. It's a setting ripe for disagreements, IMO.

Wonder which guy was arrested? We got a late start to the video, but it seemed the "winner" wasnt the early aggressor as the "loser" seemed to be standing over him. 

I still wonder if this is all that new or if we just see and hear about it more due to everyone videotaping the incidents. 

Airlines really need to start showing etiquette reminder videos.

Stuff like:

Middle seat typically gets both armrests.

Yes, you can lean your seat back, but be considerate.

Don't try to exit if there is anyone still seated in the row in front of you.  Give them a moment to scoot out and debark.

Do NOT stand around the boarding gate unless your group is next to be called. This one bugs the crap out of me...you're in group 3...why are you crowding the gate when they've just started announcing first class only?

When going down the aisle...be cognizant of your bags hitting those already seated.  I usually see this with women.  They push the two bag limit with luggage, backpack and a giant purse...and sometimes a kid on their hip.  I'll get hit right in the face with their backpack or giant granny purse as they turn and flail their way down the aisle as if they're the only person on the plane.

Use headphone when playing games on your handheld device.

Use your inside voice when having a conversation on your phone...especially if you're using Bluetooth.

When you come to the row with your seat...don't wait until you've walked right up on the guy sitting on the aisle and say you're sitting next to him.  Make eye contact...and stand a foot or two before the row and ask to be seated.  I cannot count how many times I've had someone walk right up to my hip and then ask to get in.  HOW?  You want me to stand up and then climb over/past you?  Or they'll try to squeeze into the row before I can stand up and get out for them...banging my knees and making a mockery of the whole simple process.

Wouldn't hurt to have the airlines guide debarking even further by saying it's customary to let the left side of a row exit first.  Too many times do I see both sides try to cram into the aisle and shoulder each other for first.

I could go on and on...just a simple video played at the gate maybe a half hour before boarding would help guide some of this nonsense that you'd hope is simple courtesy.

Anything within 600 miles in now a road trip for me.
It's 1000 for me. If I can drive it in one day, then I'm driving. Especially now that smart phones can dynamically re-route you around traffic jams. 

I used to have to fly all the time when I worked in the corporate world. God what a miserable life that was. 

They really need to eliminate seats going back. Working on my laptop and some slob needs to lean all the way back. 

It's 1000 for me. If I can drive it in one day, then I'm driving. Especially now that smart phones can dynamically re-route you around traffic jams. 

I used to have to fly all the time when I worked in the corporate world. God what a miserable life that was. 
Yeah living in phoenix but being from LA every time we go to Disneyland or visit relatives we just drive out. Takes 7 hours instead of a comparable 3-4 including waiting at airport and it's worth it. Let alone any delays and dealing with jackasses.

In contrast, I'd like to recognize Southwest for what they did last weekend. I had an 8am flight that got delayed until 1pm. They emailed me before I left my house, so the inconvenience was minimized. When I got to the airport and checked in at the gate, they gave me vouchers that covered all 4 of my round trip tickets. Not a bad deal for a 5 hour delay. 

SWA leaves a lot for the passengers to decide/work out among themselves. Have boarding pass number A1-15? Go stand in line. Who decides if 11 is in front of 12? Passengers do. It's a setting ripe for disagreements, IMO.
Ill never understand why people are in such a hurry to get on the plane. So you can sit there longer? I prefer to be last no matter what boarding pass I have. There have been a few times where my carry-on wasnt directly above my head as a result. WTF cares? 

Yeah living in phoenix but being from LA every time we go to Disneyland or visit relatives we just drive out. Takes 7 hours instead of a comparable 3-4 including waiting at airport and it's worth it. Let alone any delays and dealing with jackasses.
In fairness, your family still has a jackass to deal with.  :scared:

I was just having a conversation the other day that I am shocked there aren't fights on virtually every flight. Cram 200 strangers in a tight space 35k feet in the air, give them alcohol in a stressful environment, what could go wrong? Especially on swa where you have to battle for seats.
When did this start?

Ill never understand why people are in such a hurry to get on the plane. So you can sit there longer? I prefer to be last no matter what boarding pass I have. There have been a few times where my carry-on wasnt directly above my head as a result. WTF cares? 
This.  Exactly.  Why should I give up my extra 10 minutes of sitting with my legs stretched out in the airport to sit more uncomfortably, doing the same exact thing crammed next to a stranger?  It makes zero sense.  I also wait until I have to board.  Unless I happen to have a first class ticket.  Then I'm rushing the ####### jet way as soon as it opens so I can get alcohol in me ASAP.

If I'm flying SWA and have an A Group boarding pass, yeah I don't care if I'm the last one of A Group to board. But if I'm in B group, especially the second half of B group, I'm not waiting to be last. C Group pretty much means you're getting a middle seat, and if it's a flight where a lot of passengers on the arriving flight stayed on, or a lot of families with C Group passes got to ditch B group by boarding after A group, then the second half of B group is getting middle seats too. #### that!

Airlines really need to start showing etiquette reminder videos.

Stuff like:

Middle seat typically gets both armrests.

Yes, you can lean your seat back, but be considerate.

Don't try to exit if there is anyone still seated in the row in front of you.  Give them a moment to scoot out and debark.

Do NOT stand around the boarding gate unless your group is next to be called. This one bugs the crap out of me...you're in group 3...why are you crowding the gate when they've just started announcing first class only?

When going down the aisle...be cognizant of your bags hitting those already seated.  I usually see this with women.  They push the two bag limit with luggage, backpack and a giant purse...and sometimes a kid on their hip.  I'll get hit right in the face with their backpack or giant granny purse as they turn and flail their way down the aisle as if they're the only person on the plane.

Use headphone when playing games on your handheld device.

Use your inside voice when having a conversation on your phone...especially if you're using Bluetooth.

When you come to the row with your seat...don't wait until you've walked right up on the guy sitting on the aisle and say you're sitting next to him.  Make eye contact...and stand a foot or two before the row and ask to be seated.  I cannot count how many times I've had someone walk right up to my hip and then ask to get in.  HOW?  You want me to stand up and then climb over/past you?  Or they'll try to squeeze into the row before I can stand up and get out for them...banging my knees and making a mockery of the whole simple process.

Wouldn't hurt to have the airlines guide debarking even further by saying it's customary to let the left side of a row exit first.  Too many times do I see both sides try to cram into the aisle and shoulder each other for first.

I could go on and on...just a simple video played at the gate maybe a half hour before boarding would help guide some of this nonsense that you'd hope is simple courtesy.
Or maybe they should stop seeing how many people they can cram into a tin can and treat like crap. This stuff didn't happen in the old days but then you weren't just cattle either.

I was just having a conversation the other day that I am shocked there aren't fights on virtually every flight. Cram 200 strangers in a tight space 35k feet in the air, give them alcohol in a stressful environment, what could go wrong? Especially on swa where you have to battle for seats.
Want to see REAL anger and aggression? Do all this and DONT give me alcohol. 

Flying four times in the next couple weeks, I better get to the gym. :boxing:  
In the last 16 days I've gone from Dallas to DC to Dallas to New York LGA to Dallas to Seattle to New York JFK train to Baltimore then DC Reagan back to Dallas.

Nothing close to any of this. Although the semi free for all Amtrak lines at Penn Station NY are somewhat Lord of the Flies like.

Wait, SouthWest is now a free for all getting your seats when boarding??? The hell happened to reserve seating? 

Wait, SouthWest is now a free for all getting your seats when boarding??? The hell happened to reserve seating? 
Have you NEVER flown southwest? (I try not to, only have maybe once in five years, 2-3 times in the last 10-12 years)

If I'm flying SWA and have an A Group boarding pass, yeah I don't care if I'm the last one of A Group to board. But if I'm in B group, especially the second half of B group, I'm not waiting to be last. C Group pretty much means you're getting a middle seat, and if it's a flight where a lot of passengers on the arriving flight stayed on, or a lot of families with C Group passes got to ditch B group by boarding after A group, then the second half of B group is getting middle seats too. #### that!
I used to just pay to be in A group.  Is that still a thing?

I used to just pay to be in A group.  Is that still a thing?
A1-15 are for biz class.    You can purchase "Early Boarding" for like $12 or $15.  I do this all the time because I'm 6'4" and want the exit row. I usually get A25-35

Most of the time, A1-15 only has 3-5 people in line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you NEVER flown southwest? (I try not to, only have maybe once in five years, 2-3 times in the last 10-12 years)
Thought I have a few times, but I guess I haven't. :shrug:  Not a frequent flyer maybe two times a year and have never picked a random seat after boarding. 

i love me some random seat bingo

PLEASE COME #### WITH ME  :boxing:

yeah, #### these ####### ... PLZ  come #### with me  ??

I usually do that drive in about 5 hours...do you stop on the way for lunch or something?

Or maybe they should stop seeing how many people they can cram into a tin can and treat like crap. This stuff didn't happen in the old days but then you weren't just cattle either.
Meh...there's also a difference in people now and "the old days".

People are outraged all the time at every thing...everyone is a special butterfly that deserves special treatment.

Basic common decency is no longer common.

Say what now?
This is what I mean.

People just don't realize the etiquette of flying.

Middle seat sucks donkey balls...the one redeeming factor is they should get the armrests.

Want the armrests for both of your arms...then buy the middle seat.

Want to be able to lean to the aisle or look out the window...then give up one armrest.

Users who are viewing this thread