What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alshon/Ingram/2.10 for 1.02/1.05 (1 Viewer)

silkyjohnson

Footballguy
12 team PPR, QB 2RB 2WR TE 2Flex

I give: Alshon, Ingram, 2.10

I get: 1.02, 1.05

Current Roster:

QB - Stafford, Bradford

RB - Bell, Ingram, Gore, Mckinnon, Lynch, Jacq Rodgers, Turbin

WR - Demaryius, Alshon, Tyrell, Tyreek, Crabtree, Decker,

T. Benjamin, T. Boyd, Dorsett

TE - Gronkowski, Miller

DynastyFFTools shows the trade as being 97% fair with a slight advantage for me. Fournette is going first overall so I would take Davis at 2 and the best remaining RB at 5.

12 team PPR, QB 2RB 2WR TE 2Flex

I give: Alshon, Ingram, 2.10

I get: 1.02, 1.05

Current Roster:

QB - Stafford, Bradford

RB - Bell, Ingram, Gore, Mckinnon, Lynch, Jacq Rodgers, Turbin

WR - Demaryius, Alshon, Tyrell, Tyreek, Crabtree, Decker,

T. Benjamin, T. Boyd, Dorsett

TE - Gronkowski, Miller

DynastyFFTools shows the trade as being 97% fair with a slight advantage for me. Fournette is going first overall so I would take Davis at 2 and the best remaining RB at 5.
IMO Davis > Alshon short and even long term. 

So then you look at RBs... At 1.05 you will have one of McCaffery, Mixon, or Cook. Likely Cook. 

So essentially it becomes Alshon, Ingram, and a late 2nd round pick (likely a WR?) for Cook and Davis. What's not to like? 

I would be making the offer so I was curious if I was offering enough for the two picks.  Based on your response, it's probably not enough.

I would be making the offer so I was curious if I was offering enough for the two picks.  Based on your response, it's probably not enough.
I'd give it a try, but I wouldn't be surprised if he rejected. Whoever those picks are at 1.02 and 1.05, they won't be as impact this season as those two you are giving up. So if the guy needs some help he may bite. 

do you have a 1st rounder to give up in the trade instead of the 2nd rounder? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a first this year.  This is the first year of a dynasty startup and the guy I'm trying to trade with has 1.2,1.3,1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8.  He essentially drafted rookie picks instead of players in our initial draft.  His team is void of any talent outside of Kelce and Doctson.  I'm not sure of his strategy yet. Is he going to try and trade those picks for veterans or draft a boatload of rookies? Who knows since this is our first year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a first this year.  This is the first year of a dynasty startup and the guy I'm trying to trade with has 1.2,1.3,1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8.  He essentially drafted rookie picks instead of players in our initial draft.  His team is void of any talent outside of Kelce and Doctson.  I'm not sure of his strategy yet. Is he going to try and trade those picks for veterans or draft a boatload of rookies? Who knows since this is our first year.
I doubt he'll take that offer. He's obviously positioning for the long-term and he isn't going to value Ingram highly. Dalvin Cook or Joe Mixon is easily more valuable than Ingram. Corey Davis is worth more than Alshon. 

IMO there's a pretty good chance he ends up having one of the best teams by year two or three. Getting 6 of the top 8 players in this year's draft should set him up really well long-term. 

As other's have said, he put a premium on early round picks for the rookie draft.  He most likely could have taken those players instead of those picks when you first drafted.  I don't think he will even entertain this offer because it is obvious his value of picks is way higher than anybody else's.

I think that is not a very good way to go in building a team from the start.  The whole point is to win the league and this pretty much guarantees that he will have very little chance of winning over the next 2-3 years (or longer if his picks are busts).  The likelihood of hitting on the majority of those picks is very small so he will have wasted 4 or more roster spots (if he did a great job of picking).  I think this would be the strategy of always being rebuilding. 

Users who are viewing this thread