What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Startup Advice (1 Viewer)

JackReacher

Footballguy
Picking 11th in a FFPC startup. Not loving the options. TY, AJG, Hopkins. Thinking about picking one of those and then moving out of the 14. Would love to hear how you'd approach a startup from this spot. 

Mike Thomas? I'm guessing you want some youth. I'm ok with an green or ty, Hopkins certainly could bounce back. I'm also guessing you aren't really looking at rb as an option early in startup, so I'd consider one of those 4 guys.

Mike Thomas? I'm guessing you want some youth. I'm ok with an green or ty, Hopkins certainly could bounce back. I'm also guessing you aren't really looking at rb as an option early in startup, so I'd consider one of those 4 guys.
Thomas is definitely in the mix but figure him to be gone by 11. Yeah- seems high to invest in a RB at that point. Not much out there interests me. Seems like big advantage for those in top 7 this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to invest in them there given gurleys soph slump and unproven fournette, but the upside is there.
As a TRich and Gurley startup owner, I'm very hesitant making that investment again, although could pay off huge

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like picking towards the back end of those startup drafts. You're in position to get two of those top 14 assets. I would go AJG at 11 then get one of those top Rbs at 14.

FreeBaGeL said:
For me it would be Hopkins or Thomas at 11, then Gurley or Fournette at 14.
I like this idea, Hopkins is almost 25, Thomas just turned 24, which is weird to think about since Hopkins has been in the league a bit. Id honestly lean Hopkins, and if Thomas made it to 14 just deal with having a tough decision that likely has not a lot of downside

If it is not too late I would lobby to change from a draft to an auction.  A startup dynasty league should never start with a draft.  The point of a dynasty is to build a long term team and in those cases you should have an opportunity at the player you want most to build around.  Drafting takes that away and puts all the luck in the draw.  With an auction, every team has a chance at the player they want most.  They just have to pay for it. 

In your particular situation I would lean towards Hopkins over Green/Thomas.  I am a believer in Watson and think he will help bring Hopkins back into elite status.  I wouldn't force a RB with the second pick.  If you like the RB's available over the WR's available then go for it but If one of Green/Thomas made it back for my second pick I would go that route over Gurley/Fournette. 

Users who are viewing this thread