What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Bored Games - 9/22 SHEEP IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK - Reveal and podium! (3 Viewers)

S5. What's the best excuse for avoiding work to watch the opening round of the NCAA tournament?

Sinn Fein    I'm too drunk to drive
Long Ball Larry    VASECTOMY
heckmanm    Illness
scoobus    Sick
El Floppo    ball cancer
Wingnut    I do the opposite - I go to work to avoid watching college sports. So, my answer is DOES NOT APPLY
dino259    Sick Kid
Yankee23Fan    Just found out my mother didn't get me vaccinated. Going to doctors to get my shots.
ShamrockPride    I've got the drizzles
Nipsey    KID'S GOT THE TROTS
bryhamm    flu
AAABatteries    Sick
EYLive    Extreme menstrual cramps

Bob Sacamano    I ran out of gas. I got a flat tire. I didn't have change for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. I locked my keys in my car.  An old friend came in from out of town. Somebody stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood.  Locusts!  It wasn't my fault, I swear to god!

Nick Vermeil    Vasectomy recovery
Galileo    Vasectomy Recovery
Bull Dozier    Vasectomy (I hear they peak the week before the tourney)
Dan Lambskin    I used to just go to lunch and not come back :shrug:

Oh quite the opposite. My daddy looked me square in the eye and told me, "If we take out any loans to send you to a school like this, I don't want to hear that you're becoming a ####### teacher."
"Dad, I'm not a teacher but I run an online monthly game on a Fantasy Football message board and I also star in DnD gaming videos"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sickness (kids, self) - 7
         BONUS: ShamrockPride and Nipsey get a +2 for being humorously specific
Vasectomy - 4
         BONUS: Nick Vermeil and Galileo get a +2 for specifying recovery
Sinn Fein and Dan Lambskin I felt were close enough to match. +2
Yankee got an audible chuckle from me. +2
Bob Sacamano was nearly dead on verbatim. +2
You other three I got nuttin'. 0

Standings after the Sheep round:

AAABatteries    39 + 3 = 42
Nipsey    35 +2 = 37
heckmanm    35 + 2 = 37
Bob Sacamano    35 + 2 = 37
bryhamm    32 + 1 = 33
Galileo    32 + 1 = 33
Sinn Fein    31
Yankee23Fan    28
ShamrockPride    27
Bull Dozier    26
dino259    24
Nick Vermeil    21
Long Ball Larry    19
Wingnut    19
scoobus    18
El Floppo    17
EYLive    12
Dan Lambskin    9

Bonuses handed out for the top three scores, not just the top three positions you golf nerds.

Right where I want to be.

Sheep at the front of the line get sheared.  Sheep at the back of the line get slaughtered.  Sheep in the middle just get fat and happy.

Quiplash Round

Q1. Name of the new Lin-Manuel Miranda musical detailing the college admissions process.

Nick Vermeil    12    Les Millenials
Bob Sacamano    8    Scamilton
EYLive    7    "OMG! Aunt Becky, Look at her butt!"
AAABatteries    4    A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Admissions Offic
heckmanm    4    Desperate HouseMoms

Bull Dozier    4    "Huffman" feating such hit songs as "The Loughlin Sisters", "Rower Refuted," "Ten College Application Commandments," "History Class Did Not Have Its Eyes On You," "USC (The Campus Turned Upside Down)," "Hallmark (not) On Your Side," and "We Know."

ShamrockPride    3    I had to google Lin-Manuel Miranda
Sinn Fein    2    "Its all about the Hamilton's, Baby!"
Long Ball Larry    2    The Queens of King's College
Nipsey    1    New Lin-Manuel Miranda musical detailing the college admissions process!
bryhamm    1    Rent-Free
Galileo    1    Meet Me At The Registrar
scoobus    1    All About the Benjamins
Dan Lambskin    1    Benjamins
Yankee23Fan    0    Karen's Kids
dino259    0    Youtube's Full Big House
Wingnut    0    I plead the fifth
El Floppo    0    I'm not throwing away my 500k shot (I'ma get a scholarship to king's college... roar lions roar)

Quiplash Round

Q1. Name of the new Lin-Manuel Miranda musical detailing the college admissions process.

Nick Vermeil    12    Les Millenials
Bob Sacamano    8    Scamilton
EYLive    7    "OMG! Aunt Becky, Look at her butt!"
AAABatteries    4    A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Admissions Offic
heckmanm    4    Desperate HouseMoms

Bull Dozier    4    "Huffman" feating such hit songs as "The Loughlin Sisters", "Rower Refuted," "Ten College Application Commandments," "History Class Did Not Have Its Eyes On You," "USC (The Campus Turned Upside Down)," "Hallmark (not) On Your Side," and "We Know."

ShamrockPride    3    I had to google Lin-Manuel Miranda
Sinn Fein    2    "Its all about the Hamilton's, Baby!"
Long Ball Larry    2    The Queens of King's College
Nipsey    1    New Lin-Manuel Miranda musical detailing the college admissions process!
bryhamm    1    Rent-Free
Galileo    1    Meet Me At The Registrar
scoobus    1    All About the Benjamins
Dan Lambskin    1    Benjamins
Yankee23Fan    0    Karen's Kids
dino259    0    Youtube's Full Big House
Wingnut    0    I plead the fifth
El Floppo    0    I'm not throwing away my 500k shot (I'ma get a scholarship to king's college... roar lions roar)

Wow...mine got a vote?  Seriously?  (no, it wasn't me.  I didn't get a vote in)

4?  Come on, I had song titles and everything!

Q2. What an upset! I can't believe that ____________ beat ______________ last night! (fill in both blanks)

Nipsey    8    What an upset! I can't believe that PAPER beat SCISSORS last night!
heckmanm    7    What an upset! I can't believe that watching hoops beat getting laid last night!
AAABatteries    6    What an upset! I can't believe that Gator beat Messi's Meat last night!
scoobus    6    What an upset! I can't believe that Floyd Mayweather beat illiteracy and not a woman last night!
Nick Vermeil    3    What an upset! I can't believe that Ned beat himself numb last night!
Sinn Fein    3    What an upset! I can't believe that BobSac beat His Meat last night!

Bull Dozier    2    What an upset! I can't believe that "that one team no one had heard of before this weekend but Clark Kellogg raved out being able to shoot the three and play defense" beat "that overrated major conference also-ran that got in on its reputation" last night!

ShamrockPride    2    What an upset! I can't believe that Ja Morant beat Marquette last night!
Long Ball Larry    2    What an upset! I can't believe that Trump beat Mueller last night!
Galileo    2    What an upset! I can't believe that Michael Jackson beat It last night!
dino259    2    What an upset! I can't believe that Nipsey beat Art Schliester last night!
Wingnut    2    What an upset! I can't believe that the winning team beat the losing team last night!
El Floppo    2    What an upset! I can't believe that Shuke beat GM last night!
Bob Sacamano    1.5    What an upset! I can't believe that Rihanna beat Chris Brown last night!
EYLive    0.5    What an upset! I can't believe that Rhianna beat Chris Brown last night!
bryhamm    0    What an upset! I can't believe that Roy Williams beat Mike Krzyzewski's ### last night!
Dan Lambskin    0    What an upset! I can't believe that St Louis beat Virginia Tech last night!
Yankee23Fan    0    What an upset! I can't believe that The Night King beat Jon Snow last night!

I actually really liked Bull Dozier's unbrief answer here.

Q3. What's the next huge scandal that the FBI will be investigating?

AAABatteries    11    Timschochet paying illegal day laborers to post content on FBGs
Sinn Fein    10    Fraudulent Voting in on-line Quiplash contest
Dan Lambskin    6    Corn syrup in beer
Nick Vermeil    5    Use of government email accounts for sheeplash entry.
Nipsey    3    Bill Self's Toupee
heckmanm    3    Bribery to get a "Fab Four" song list onto the SiriusXM Beatles Channel
Bull Dozier    2    Yankee23fan's _____ looks like _____ smear campaign.
El Floppo    2    reclining seats on airplanes
bryhamm    2    that Reebok sabotaged Zion's shoes
scoobus    1    Lebron James' hairline
Wingnut    1    Why the Kardashians are still famous
Bob Sacamano    1    Hurricane relief funds actually used to buy Big Macs for *code name* "Orange Grimace"
ShamrockPride    0    Oompa Loompa Gonzo (sung to this bootytastic Hungry Hungry Hippos jingle)
Long Ball Larry    0    WHY IS THERE NO ROUNDTINE?
Galileo    0    Ivanka Trump granting security clearance to everyone in a caravan of immigrants heading towards the southern border
dino259    0    IC FBGCav Fantasy Hockey trades and pretzel business
EYLive    0    Donald Trump committed tax fraud.
Yankee23Fan    0    The administration and scoring of this game.

Dan's was my favorite.

Quiplash Round Scoring

AAABatteries    21 + 3 = 24
Nick Vermeil    20 + 2 = 22
Sinn Fein    15 + 1 = 16
heckmanm    14
Nipsey    12
Bob Sacamano    10.5
scoobus    8
Bull Dozier    8
EYLive    7.5
Dan Lambskin    7