What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many people in the world know something about you that could ruin you if told to the right person(s)? (1 Viewer)

adonis

Footballguy
I'm a pretty private person, and I don't have many skeletons, but I know of a few people who could ruin me personally, and professionally if they were to tell the right people the "right" things.

I try not to dwell on it, but I'd put the number at around 3 or so.  

In the grand scheme of things, the most they could do would be cause a lot of trouble for me so perhaps "ruin" is overstating it in my case, but in the case of so many others, it seems that there are quite a few folks out there who had information that could ruin someone, only to have an opportunity one day to take action and do it.  The implication is that there are far many more people out there with this hanging over their heads, but that never have to see the worst case scenario happen to them.

What about you?  How many people out there know something related to you that could ruin you, or be incredibly damaging, if they chose to pursue it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great question!  Zero - I've lived a fairly boring life with virtually zero skeletons.  I do have one thing that would be a little embarrassing but would not result in me being fired, divorced or socially shunned.  And my wife knows about it already.

Great question!  Zero - I've lived a fairly boring life with virtually zero skeletons.  I do have one thing that would be a little embarrassing but would not result in me being fired, divorced or socially shunned.  And my wife knows about it already.
We are listening.

Anything that could ruin me is known by other people and I know who my real friends are because of it. It's sort of a relief, actually. 

I have not lived a Boy Scout life, and such is known.  

One person knows one thing about me that could potentially cause irreparable damage to my reputation. 

I don't think anybody knows anything about me that could ever be so damaging to me or my reputation that it would substantially effect my life. By that I mean I haven't done anything that would cause me to lose my law license, lose my foster license (and therefore my foster kids), or cause my wife to divorce me.  

Honestly, and this may sound crazy, but if I ever ran for a major public office or was being nominated for some high level judiciary position probably the most damaging thing from my past would be the percentage of posts I've made on this very that would make me look pretty bad, especially if taken out of context. 

There's only one person who knows i'm actually a 14yo girl locked in a basement room near the Salton Sea and that's my captor, and he can do a lot worse #### than blow my cover here.

Zero. I've done nothing that could ruin me. I have typical regrets but I've always been very open about them with everyone or anyone interested (pre marital pregnancy and debt). So no one could even embarrass me. I should run for office. 

It's hard to be embarrassed or ruined when your life is an open book. 

A children's book. 

Not anything that could ruin me but I'm not proud of my younger years and dozens of friends, including my wife, were witness to it. I didn't care about much and am glad that life is long gone.

I don't think anybody knows anything about me that could ever be so damaging to me or my reputation that it would substantially effect my life. By that I mean I haven't done anything that would cause me to lose my law license, lose my foster license (and therefore my foster kids), or cause my wife to divorce me.  

Honestly, and this may sound crazy, but if I ever ran for a major public office or was being nominated for some high level judiciary position probably the most damaging thing from my past would be the percentage of posts I've made on this very that would make me look pretty bad, especially if taken out of context. 
This post is also essentially my story.  There's nothing in my past that is or would be damaging, other than stuff I've posted here and elsewhere.

Meh, I wouldn't be a good political candidate, but no, there is no skeleton.  I've been married since I was 24, and no scandals. 

Zow said:

There are also a few clips of fat Woz playing softball.

I came out as gay to my best friend when I got to college, that was 7 years ago and my family still doesn't know. 

Thats the only thing I can think of honestly, my life is pretty boring. 

I came out as gay to my best friend when I got to college, that was 7 years ago and my family still doesn't know. 

Thats the only thing I can think of honestly, my life is pretty boring. 
Time to tell the fam.

I'm going to have to wait for someone with visible tattoos to run for POTUS before I think I have a shot... at running for president of my HOA. 

It's best they not know.
Often that means they are not confronting the truth they already know.

My take, you are good at sharing the information.  You did so here in that past thread and for the most part received support.  Perhaps your family might surprise you and do the same.  Perhaps not.  Obviously you know best.  It is more of a hope for you than advice.  Take care.

It's best they not know.
Sorry for the hijack - I'm not sure how old you are, but you will reach an age where you don't want people in your life who can't accept you for who you are. If it's mom and dad, screw 'em. It's their problem, not yours.

I know it's way easier said than done and I wish the best for you.

Users who are viewing this thread