What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where Would You Live? (1 Viewer)

Summers in the mountains of Colorado, winters on the Gulf Coast of Fla
So, Grand Lake and Naples.  I've got that covered.  Unfortunately, while I am still employed I am in Unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado.  (smells like Aurora)

Last edited by a moderator:
someplace where i could view the Northern Lights on the reg ...

saw them thrice in person (twice in upper Minnesota, once in Saskatchewan) - and i'm still blown the eff away by the memory (been 15 yrs. since Duluth  :( )

catching them with my daughter would be just about as good as it could ever get. 

1. Maui - love the beach/ocean; love the pace if "island life"; i could eat sushi every day

2. Cambria (CA) - a small(ish) beach community once described by a local as "a drinking town with a tourist problem"; 20 minutes a way from wine (SLO/Paso), not too far from Monterey & Carmel; weather is on the cool side (wife = happy)

The answer is two pronged. Gotta be winter somewhere and summer somewhere. That being said, I'd stay right where I am. Too much family here. Although I would travel all over. 

After seeing a few of the answers I think the more interesting question would be. If you had to do live in 2 different locations for 6 months at a time what 2 spots would you pick and what months would you live there?

2. Cambria (CA) - a small(ish) beach community once described by a local as "a drinking town with a tourist problem"; 20 minutes a way from wine (SLO/Paso), not too far from Monterey & Carmel; weather is on the cool side (wife = happy)
This is on my list as well.  

Also close enough to drive back to God's Country to see family and close enough for them to come visit.

On second thought...

someplace where i could view the Northern Lights on the reg ...

saw them thrice in person (twice in upper Minnesota, once in Saskatchewan) - and i'm still blown the eff away by the memory (been 15 yrs. since Duluth  :( )

catching them with my daughter would be just about as good as it could ever get. 
Are they actually green to your eyes or do only cameras pick them up that way?

I think I'd summer in New Haven and spend my winter time in either Hawaii, San Diego, or New Orleans. 

New Haven is home to me, lest anybody wonder.  

Beach on St Martin in the winter (minus the days I go back to Colorado to ski), the foothills somewhere near the Wyoming Colorado border in the summer.

I'd have houses all over the place... NYC, Anguilla, Colorado, CA coast, Maui, Tuscany, Paris, Bali, etc, etc...

I would LOVE to live near Glacier National Park in Montana... The Breath taking :pics: as well as the ability to cross Country ski with the mountain view would be heaven on earth.

Cancun in the winter, Northern Michigan in the summer. 
This would work. 

The answer is two pronged. Gotta be winter somewhere and summer somewhere. That being said, I'd stay right where I am. Too much family here. Although I would travel all over. 
:yes:     Crazy as it sounds, while we have kids in the house we'll be staying right here in the Rocket City.  (yeah, I'm probably the only person whose answer is Alabama).  Fantastic schools and a fairly diverse community (just don't drive too far south, east or west - North to Nashville is alright) and the family is close enough.  But I would move north, perhaps northern Michigan, for the summers.  

The long range plan is to have an apartment near the kids or mobile home if they live far apart, and a beach house, place TBD which we rent out in the summers. 

This would work. 

:yes:     Crazy as it sounds, while we have kids in the house we'll be staying right here in the Rocket City.  (yeah, I'm probably the only person whose answer is Alabama).  Fantastic schools and a fairly diverse community (just don't drive too far south, east or west - North to Nashville is alright) and the family is close enough.  But I would move north, perhaps northern Michigan, for the summers.  

The long range plan is to have an apartment near the kids or mobile home if they live far apart, and a beach house, place TBD which we rent out in the summers. 
We go about halfway up the west coast of Michigan every summer in mid July. Sooooo amazing. Go to the beach or pool during the day and wear sweatshirts at night. And no mosquitos

I love foodie cities too much so I'd stay in Los Angeles and get a sweet home in Beverly Hills.
Also, Bora Bora, if they can hook up a bungalow with great wifi.

Nice big loft in SF or NY.

Place in the mountains near Vail or maybe interior BC.

Place on Big Island / Kauai / or Maui

Place in Southern France, Bavaria, Austria, or Spain near French border.

Place near Napa, Calistoga, St. Helena area.

That's not too much to ask.

Mom Mom was from County Mayo.

"...Take me home to Mayo, beneath an Irish sky;  home to dear ol' Mayo, let my body lie"
For me, there's Mayo and there's Uggool. Had an harmonic convergence with the core of this bedeviled orb when first i saw it and weep to think of it now.

Me ma came over from Dublin @ 14 and sent me there summers when she could, so i was a regular Eire visitor. Always preferred the wild west coast and, when i went over for a wedding about 15 yrs ago i decided to find where i wanted to retire. Chose Galway as a center of operations, cuz one could well go north or south, it's a great party town and Ireland was in the World Cup then (since it was in SKorea but the pubs have to close early twas a riot that, instead of partying all night up to the matches @ 6am, everyone got up @ 5, came down to the pub and worked themselves to full drunken fever pitch by kickoff) and had a res @ a pub with rooms above to make it easy on meself.

Told my hostess/publican of my quest and the first thing she said was, "'Tis Mayo you'll be wanting". She made a calls to other B&B operators up that way and gave up the income my stay would have brought to get me well started. 

The first spot was up by Sligo, was lovely and reminded me a great deal of one of my favorite places in America, Bodega Bay. The second was on Achill Island, where my guide had recommended Keem Bay, which tweaked my inner tuning fork a wee bit but was public land, treacherous to get to and the rest of Achill was rather pedestrian.

Last was the Silver Strand on the Murrisk, south of Westport. On the way i passed Croagh Patrick, spiritual center of Pagan Ireland where penitents crawl barelegged to the top on Good Friday; Clew Bay, roost of Irish piratess Grace O'Malley; the beginning of the Famine Trail and some of the most beautiful rolling sheep country i'd seen. To top it off, the road ended at a fookin surfer beach - hand to God, there was a guy renting boards. BONNNNGGGG....BONNNNGGGG....BONNNNGGGG. i had reached my spot on this earth. Drove down to the end of the strand to find a mountain range, the Mweelreas, str8 out of Middle Earth, sprung up from the terminus. Add some of the looooveliest people you ever want to meet and the fact that only Irish tourists have really discovered it and my bell has remained rung to this day. The only reason i still try to write for dough well past the point where the world has proved not to want to pay to read it is the faintest hope to take my last at Uggool. nufced -

San Diego

Perfect weather every day
Yep.  Plus awesome stuff to do. For me, I can't imagine a day better than playing a morning round at Torrey Pines North, Grabbing pizza and beer at Pizza Port for lunch, chilling on the beach, then hitting up a game at Petco and dinner afterwards in gaslamp.  

For me, there's Mayo and there's Uggool. Had an harmonic convergence with the core of this bedeviled orb when first i saw it and weep to think of it now.

Me ma came over from Dublin @ 14 and sent me there summers when she could, so i was a regular Eire visitor. Always preferred the wild west coast and, when i went over for a wedding about 15 yrs ago i decided to find where i wanted to retire. Chose Galway as a center of operations, cuz one could well go north or south, it's a great party town and Ireland was in the World Cup then (since it was in SKorea but the pubs have to close early twas a riot that, instead of partying all night up to the matches @ 6am, everyone got up @ 5, came down to the pub and worked themselves to full drunken fever pitch by kickoff) and had a res @ a pub with rooms above to make it easy on meself.

Told my hostess/publican of my quest and the first thing she said was, "'Tis Mayo you'll be wanting". She made a calls to other B&B operators up that way and gave up the income my stay would have brought to get me well started. 

The first spot was up by Sligo, was lovely and reminded me a great deal of one of my favorite places in America, Bodega Bay. The second was on Achill Island, where my guide had recommended Keem Bay, which tweaked my inner tuning fork a wee bit but was public land, treacherous to get to and the rest of Achill was rather pedestrian.

Last was the Silver Strand on the Murrisk, south of Westport. On the way i passed Croagh Patrick, spiritual center of Pagan Ireland where penitents crawl barelegged to the top on Good Friday; Clew Bay, roost of Irish piratess Grace O'Malley; the beginning of the Famine Trail and some of the most beautiful rolling sheep country i'd seen. To top it off, the road ended at a fookin surfer beach - hand to God, there was a guy renting boards. BONNNNGGGG....BONNNNGGGG....BONNNNGGGG. i had reached my spot on this earth. Drove down to the end of the strand to find a mountain range, the Mweelreas, str8 out of Middle Earth, sprung up from the terminus. Add some of the looooveliest people you ever want to meet and the fact that only Irish tourists have really discovered it and my bell has remained rung to this day. The only reason i still try to write for dough well past the point where the world has proved not to want to pay to read it is the faintest hope to take my last at Uggool. nufced -
"There are no strangers here, only friends you haven't met"

Users who are viewing this thread