Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
cosjobs

How the Trump Era Ends - the superior poll

How the Trump era ends  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

please advise

Edited by cosjobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outlives his usefulness to Putin.  Assassination allows GOP to maintain control.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't see how he lasts a year. He's already running out of people that want to work for him and the buzzards are circling.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quits. No way he his meek and humble. Don't think he instigates civil unrest. He will throw a hissy fit though and never accept responsibility.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted triumphant victory lap after 4 years. That is to say...triumphant in his own mind. But I do think he serves the full 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes America great again. Upon completing the job, retires with 2 years left on his term so he can concentrate on tutoring Tiffany through med school. Finally, travels the world as leading advocate for women's rights.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He serves 4 years and does not run for re-election. I don't think he wants to deal with the obstruction mentality of D.C. and biased media coverage anymore than that.   Kasich wins presidency in 2020.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

It ends with a pee tape.

:tinfoilhat: another #pisser still holding out hope that the dossier is true! :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll resign after working out a pardon deal with Pence, just as impeachment proceedings begin .  

I don't think Trump will necessarily instigate civil unrest but that's what will happen.   Pence will need to declare martial law to restore order but in a couple months everything will back to normal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way this guy leaves office peacefully.  He views it as his throne and he's king.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sabertooth said:

No way this guy leaves office peacefully.  He views it as his throne and he's king.  

Maybe but I think at some point the writing on the wall will be so plain that even he can read it and at that point he'll resign and assume the role of martyr.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

I voted triumphant victory lap after 4 years. That is to say...triumphant in his own mind. But I do think he serves the full 4.

I unfortunately agree. Right now I still think he lasts this term, loses in 2020, and tells us all nonstop how great he was. Holds rallies into his 80s, dies not sure who his daughter is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cosjobs said:

please advise

FlaVVed pole.  No "leaves like he crop dusted the grocery aisle" option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the pole options reflect what I think will happen - he'll serve four tumultuous years with constant scandal and gridlock.  He won't be reelected and we'll move on.  What I don't know is if he'll be the Republican nominee in 2020.  I tend to think no as he may decide to quit and "go out on top".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

I don't think the pole options reflect what I think will happen - he'll serve four tumultuous years with constant scandal and gridlock.  He won't be reelected and we'll move on.  What I don't know is if he'll be the Republican nominee in 2020.  I tend to think no as he may decide to quit and "go out on top".

 This but I don't think he will even run in 2020. He will be so beat up he will just take many victory laps and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Maybe but I think at some point the writing on the wall will be so plain that even he can read it and at that point he'll resign and assume the role of martyr.

Seems like the scandals are a never-ending flood now and it's clear he's simply not up to the job, never will be, and his current approval rating is most likely his high-water mark. That being the case, republicans in the house & senate will stop defending him, with some in tough reelection races starting to criticize him publicly. Then there will probably be more firings, more shoes to drop re Comey & Russia, the foreign trip will likely be filled with more gaffes, etc., etc., etc.

With all of the above a foregone conclusion, his presidency is effectively over already. Hell, he already folded like a cheap suit on the budget, got none of his stupid things put in there like the wall. Hard to envision how he turns it around when more damaging info keeps coming out. 

But this is Trump we're talking about. Will he do the right thing and take the only logical step and resign even if his approval is in the single digits, no one will support him publicly, and all key staff have resigned? He'll probably still put out reelection ads saying how awesome he's doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flawed pole as "Names himself President for Life" not one of the options.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quits. Blames media in epic meltdown press conference where he spends last 15 minutes promoting his new VH1 reality show starring him and Putin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going with 4 years... people underestimate how hard it would be to impeach a president these days. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided the gig just didn't suit him and leaves within a year.  Goes underground for a while and then shows up at the next Wrestlemania as a guest referee. Epic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realizing the job is no fun and lots of work he resigns, citing health concerns, and claiming his agenda has been accomplished.  In his mind these things will be true.  Those hoping he will have a revelation, or that he will admit his failings will never achieve satisfaction.

 

The awkwardness of this guy, even as an ex-president, will be stunning.  When events occur where the ex-presidents gather imagine now that Trump will be among them.  We as a country will, I believe, deserve this ongoing embarrassment.  Perhaps the only real service he can provide is as a cautionary tale.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll resign, blaming everyone but himself.

 

It's so *&^*)(*I depressing that the opportunity was ripe for a disruptive, transformational presidency that could disrupt what Washington has become, and this ###### is the one that stepped into the void.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I consider myself a fairly plugged in and aware person, but I'm so fatigued by the anti-Trump stuff that I don't really know what is going on with him over the last month or so.

I can't see that the average American has a clue and stopped paying attention after the election.  Unless things change financially in a meaningful way one way or the other, Trump will serve his 4 years and it will be up to him if he runs for reelection.  The freaking Dems better get their stuff straight and nominate someone that can beat him, because he'll likely run unless the GOP forces him out and I think that only happens if the economy is in the tank.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Maybe but I think at some point the writing on the wall will be so plain that even he can read it and at that point he'll resign and assume the role of martyr.

Probably more likely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

He'll resign, blaming everyone but himself.

 

It's so *&^*)(*I depressing that the opportunity was ripe for a disruptive, transformational presidency that could disrupt what Washington has become, and this ###### is the one that stepped into the void.

It's unfortunate.  There was a real opportunity here and America as a whole just #### the bed and we should all be ashamed of ourselves.  I'm not sure who that person is.  Zuckerberg perhaps.  The Rock?  Who knows at this point.  I know that person isn't Paul Ryan or Nancy Pelosi.  

Edited by Sabertooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Loses to the Rock! 

Finished by the Peoples Elbow! 

?

 

This.  Survives a Rock Bottom when Putin moves Trump's foot into the ropes while the ref isn't looking.  Comey comes out, gives Putin a Stunner, and removes him from ringside.  

With no outside interference, Trump has no recourse against the People's Elbow.  1-2-3 in the middle of the ring.  If you smell what The Rock is cooking.

Edited by Bruce Dickinson
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Quits. No way he his meek and humble. Don't think he instigates civil unrest. He will throw a hissy fit though and never accept responsibility.

I agree with this and just add that the quitting process starts when his ego finally can't take any more criticism.

He is so dumb, he really thought they he would become president and everyone would just worship him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the threat of impeachment will cause him to leave, along the lines of Nixon. (Wonder if this is more, hope...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that I am the only vote for death by natural causes. It seems a very likely outcome. He is an obese man in his 70's under intense stress.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the Trump Era End you ask? How does 'Not soon enough' sound?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

It ends with a pee tape.

In all seriousness, if a tape surfaced tomorrow of Trump getting peed on by Russian hookers, would it be an exceptional day, or would it be "Thursday, Day 118"?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably should include Nuclear Holocaust - just in case... :oldunsure:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Melania would be willing to eat some cyanide with him if it came to that?

I'm going to take a wild guess "no". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Realizing the job is no fun and lots of work he resigns, citing health concerns, and claiming his agenda has been accomplished.  In his mind these things will be true.  Those hoping he will have a revelation, or that he will admit his failings will never achieve satisfaction.

 

The awkwardness of this guy, even as an ex-president, will be stunning.  When events occur where the ex-presidents gather imagine now that Trump will be among them.  We as a country will, I believe, deserve this ongoing embarrassment.  Perhaps the only real service he can provide is as a cautionary tale.

Came to post the bolded.  The health concerns may be real or made up to save face, IDK.  But I don't think he wanted the job in the first place and he is taking a beating every day.  I don't see how a fat 70 year old can handle it for more than a year or two tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on if GOP holds Congress in midterm. If not, he's impeached but won't be removed from office. There won't be enough votes for that. He finishes term and bye bye. No chance on the planet he resigns or quits as he's shooting for dictatorship. If GOP holds Congress, no impeach but same result. No chance for reelection and most likely not his own party nomination. So my votes go 1. 4 years and that's it but also  2. Impeached.

I think you need a 2/3rds vote to remove from office. Along party lines or even with some crossovers, that probably won't happen pending he nukes someone for saying he has small hands.

 

Edited by MikeMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, abbottjamesr said:
3 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Realizing the job is no fun and lots of work he resigns, citing health concerns, and claiming his agenda has been accomplished.  In his mind these things will be true.  Those hoping he will have a revelation, or that he will admit his failings will never achieve satisfaction.

 

The awkwardness of this guy, even as an ex-president, will be stunning.  When events occur where the ex-presidents gather imagine now that Trump will be among them.  We as a country will, I believe, deserve this ongoing embarrassment.  Perhaps the only real service he can provide is as a cautionary tale.

Came to post the bolded.  The health concerns may be real or made up to save face, IDK.  But I don't think he wanted the job in the first place and he is taking a beating every day.  I don't see how a fat 70 year old can handle it for more than a year or two tops.

He does get to go on a golf trip pretty much every weekend in his own 747. Can't get much better than that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he will choke on his own vomit, the constituent of the vomit being 2 partially digested Big Mac value meals with supersize french fries.  Chocolate milkshake to top it off.  I'm guessing next week or possible in June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the heat turns up from the investigations, Trump will continue to be defiant, oblivious to how much trouble he's in.  His children will understand the situation however and will convince him to resign for the sake of his health and family.  He'll do so reluctantly, forever resenting them for it.  He'll spend his remaining years watching cable news 24/7, tweeting about how every piece of bad news would have been prevented if he'd been allowed to MAGA. 

Edited by Jeremy
and I think it will happen in less than a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1-3.999 years in office

quits (to avoid impeachment)

exits with a victory lap about what a great job he did and how he was the best partial-term US president ever

 

(would be wise to leave the country afterward...I'm thinking United Arab Emirates)

Edited by VandyMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get's impeached but resigns before the process is finished.  Returns to business and gets to keep promoting himself as the guy who was treated unfairly by the establishment (he'll turn on the GOP before he quits).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.