What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: This trade offer is fair? (1 Viewer)

dukezib

Footballguy
I give AJ Green  <=> Receive Jamison Crowder + Paul Perkins + 2018 2nd round

Inherited a team. Rebuilding. Non-PPR 16-team. Start: QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 R/W/T, K, 3DB, 3DL, 3LB

Perkins is no lock for the lead back in NY.
I thought the same. Now the GM offered Crowder + Jordan Howard + 2018 2nd round ... My initial thought is that it is a little bit better, but I think a 2018 late 1st round is more balanced... (This year he is placed 11/16)

Awaiting more sharks' thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the same. Now the GM offered Crowder + Jordan Howard + 2018 2nd round ... My initial thought is that it is a little bit better, but I think a 2018 late 1st round is more balanced... (This year he is placed 11/16)

Awaiting more sharks' thoughts.
I agree.  That offer is better but not enough IMO.  Green is still a top 10 overall dynasty player.  Howard is solid (I would put him around 20-25 rank in dynasty) but I am not convinced that Crowder will take the next step.....remember that Cousins might not even be in WAS after 2017.  I would need a 1st rounder instead of the 2nd rounder...... or, instead of Crowder, a WR like Doug Baldwin or Corey Coleman (one with a lot of potential) for me to give up Green.

I agree.  That offer is better but not enough IMO.  Green is still a top 10 overall dynasty player.  Howard is solid (I would put him around 20-25 rank in dynasty) but I am not convinced that Crowder will take the next step.....remember that Cousins might not even be in WAS after 2017.  I would need a 1st rounder instead of the 2nd rounder...... or, instead of Crowder, a WR like Doug Baldwin or Corey Coleman (one with a lot of potential) for me to give up Green.
Funny is... I am on the clock now (1.12, offline draft), and somehow Corey Coleman (cut last month) slipped and is 1st on my rankings. Teams' urgent need is RB but I think I'll get Coleman, put Green on the block and wait for other offers.

In larger leagues the key is to have players that can win a week by themselves.   There are a lot of lineup filler hail mary players in larger leagues so the players that can put up monster games have a lot more value.  Green has been a guy that can do that.  All the other players are not.  Howard definitely improves the deal but I still think it falls a bit short. 

I agree that you need to go for best available with your current pick (I am not sure what other choices you have besides Coleman) but I wouldn't worry about a specific position.  You need to acquire talent and then adjust from there.      

You need to acquire talent and then adjust from there.      
U got a point here... These are available, can you help?
RB: Doug Martin, Terrance West, Duke Johnson, Gio Bernard, A.Kamara, Samaje Perine, Kareem Hunt
WR: Coleman, John Brown, K.Stills, Robert Woods, Torrey Smith, John Ross, Mike Williams, Curtis Samuel, Chris Godwin

U got a point here... These are available, can you help?
RB: Doug Martin, Terrance West, Duke Johnson, Gio Bernard, A.Kamara, Samaje Perine, Kareem Hunt
WR: Coleman, John Brown, K.Stills, Robert Woods, Torrey Smith, John Ross, Mike Williams, Curtis Samuel, Chris Godwin
   There aren't any obvious must haves in this group so I would be looking at players I thought could turn into studs under the right circumstances.  The guys I would lump into that group would be Perine, Hunt, Coleman, Williams and Martin.  Of these guys I would be tempted to go Martin but there is too much baggage so I would go for a little more upside and would lean towards Coleman.  He showed glimpses last year of having the ability to excel at the NFL level.  I would take that chance based on what else is there.  Perine would probably be my second choice as I think he takes over for Kelly sooner rather than later.

Now I got two proposals for AJ Green:
Team 1: AJ Green and late 3rd rnd pick <=> TY Hilton, Sheldon Richardson, Justin Houston
Team 2: AJ Green <=> Alshon Jeffery, Julius Thomas and late 2nd rnd pick

First seems less offensive (league is sack heavy)... and starts 3 DL & 3 LB. Boom-or-bust consistency gives me less hope in TY Hilton.

Now I got two proposals for AJ Green:
Team 1: AJ Green and late 3rd rnd pick <=> TY Hilton, Sheldon Richardson, Justin Houston
Team 2: AJ Green <=> Alshon Jeffery, Julius Thomas and late 2nd rnd pick

First seems less offensive (league is sack heavy)... and starts 3 DL & 3 LB. Boom-or-bust consistency gives me less hope in TY Hilton.
I probably like the first offer better but that is not to say I would do it.  What constitutes "sack heavy"?  Richardson kind of fell off and Houston missed most of last season but is a beast when healthy. 

I don't think there is much difference between Hilton and Jeffrey and I probably like Hilton better.    

AJ Green remained here.... Now a team who like to stack WRs offered 2018 3rd round pick (probably midround) for Willie Snead. Crap... but I am thinking in a counterproposal.

My question is: What is Willie Snead value in 2018 picks, at this moment (2017 preseason, draft 4th round is running)?
(WR corps: AJ Green, W.Snead, W.Fuller, C.Coleman, C.Beasley, Deonte Thompson)

I like Snead this year and going forward, a lot more than some nebulous future 3rd round pick.  I'd want a 2nd this year for him, unless I was in a total rebuild or something, in which case I might settle for several later picks.

I'm of the mindset that there isn't a ton of value past the 2nd round of most rookie drafts. Snead should be in line for a little more attention with Cooks gone. Should be a solid role player for you.

I'm of the mindset that there isn't a ton of value past the 2nd round of most rookie drafts. Snead should be in line for a little more attention with Cooks gone. Should be a solid role player for you.
This is exactly my thought and is what I answered the other team, asking for a 2018 mid-1st (his probable spot), putting an end on this.

Users who are viewing this thread