What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Cornell dead at 52 (1 Viewer)

RIP

:cry: :cry: :cry:

This one hurts
No ####. I've seen him solo many times, including front row center at the Atlanta Symphony and just last week with Soundgarden at the Fox. I can't believe this. 

You want to talk about a dynamic performer, and a guy just so full of joy on stage...ugh, this sucks. I'm sure people will immediately assume it was drug related but I never got that vibe from him. He always seemed like one of the guys who saw too much of that among his contemporaries and steered clear. He was Andy Wood's roommate for a while.

#### #### #### #### :cry:  

His last solo album Higher Truth was excellent and would be a good listen right now. Dead Wishes is one of my favorites songs of his, ironically.

Also if you're not familiar with his solo work, go on YouTube and pull up his cover of Billie Jean. 

I thought Soundgarden sounded as good as ever last week too. Really glad we decided to go at the last minute. Jesus I just can't believe he's gone.

I'm in complete shock. I was at last night's concert at Fox Theater in Detroit and Cornell absolutely crushed it. I wake up this morning and see a headline that it was his last live show. He shows no signs of being ill last night and his vocals were as electric as ever. Best vocalist of the grunge era hands down. Spoonman - my favorite song of all time. Unbelievable, I just saw him alive and well only 6 hours ago. 

RIP  :(

Ugh. I remember all the Vedder death rumors back in 92 and now he's the only one left of the front men from that movement. Cobain and Staley didn't come as huge surprises but this is a kick in the nuts. 
Was just thinking this, its crazy and terribly saddening to realize that they are all gone. 

Dude, my wife just told me. Wtf!  :shock:

It's like Wieland we all saw coming a mile away. This came out of no where. What a shame.

Wow.....not many celeb deaths make me pause and feel sad, but wow...

Black Hole Sun is one of those few songs that instantly takes me back to being a kid. 

I'm in complete shock. I was at last night's concert at Fox Theater in Detroit and Cornell absolutely crushed it. I wake up this morning and see a headline that it was his last live show. He shows no signs of being ill last night and his vocals were as electric as ever. Best vocalist of the grunge era hands down. Spoonman - my favorite song of all time. Unbelievable, I just saw him alive and well only 6 hours ago. 

RIP  :(
:( Wow. Unreal

Suicide seems even less likely to me than an accidental OD. It's dumb to presume to know someone you've only seen perform, but WTF, the guy seemed so happy and full of life. And that article now says the police call it an "apparent" suicide, so that's as close as you get to a confirmation at this point. JFC what a waste. :(  

Suicide seems even less likely to me than an accidental OD. It's dumb to presume to know someone you've only seen perform, but WTF, the guy seemed so happy and full of life. And that article now says the police call it an "apparent" suicide, so that's as close as you get to a confirmation at this point. JFC what a waste. :(  
On the radio they are saying he was found with a cord around his neck

One of the greatest voices in rock history 

RIP

Nothing new to add, bu RIP.  Sad story.  Great voice.  Its unfortunate that great artists have to be so troubled so frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread