What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on this Team/what moves to make? (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
12 team PPR TE bonus 

Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE flex

QB Dak Prescott, Mike Glennon

RB Lesean McCoy, J Howard, Doug  Martin, Charlie Sims, Darius Jackson, Jared McKinnion

WR Mike Thomas, Corey Coleman, Cameron Meredith, E Sanders, Larry Fitzgerald, Eric Decker, Josh Gordon, JJ Nelson, Lenore Carroo, Markus Wheaton

TE J Witten, Delanie Walker, Vance McDonald, Tyler Higbee

picks 1.7, 2.4, 3.9, 5.8

12 team PPR TE bonus 

RB Lesean McCoy, J Howard, Doug  Martin, Charlie Sims, Darius Jackson, Jared McKinnion

WR Mike Thomas, Corey Coleman, Cameron Meredith, E Sanders, Larry Fitzgerald, Eric Decker, Josh Gordon, JJ Nelson, Lenore Carroo, Markus Wheaton

picks 1.7, 2.4, 3.9, 5.8
QB is passable, more veteran depth would be nice though. Not sure what the deal with glennon will be and how much of a help he will be in case of a dak injury.

RBs look good. May look to add one in the rookie draft.

WRs are ok, may get a lot worse after this season. Obv fitz may fall off, Decker injury ?'s, which leaves you in a pretty bad spot since the rest of your core outside of manny is very young and unproven except thomas and meredith (sorta, qb concerns me tho)

TE is ok, I think that if Howard is there at 1.07, or Engram/Njoku there at 2.04 you should entertain grabbing them. Any minute you could lose one or both of witten and walker. Higbee is an idiot and could do some off the field stuff that lands him in jail. Vance, i really like, but who knows how hoyer will play.

The 1.07 range looks like this in most places ive seen, a range of Howard, Williams, Ross, Kamara. All these guys help in some way. I also think i would rank them in that order if they were all available, in terms of your teams make up.

I think you have a nice start.

QB - You are fine for a 12 team league.  Glennon will be fine for this year as a bye week fill in and you have to assume Dak is the real deal.  You may want to keep your eyes open for an upgrade here as the season goes along.  If you can upgrade Glennon on the cheap I would do it but I wouldn't make it a priority at this time.

RB - I would see how the start of the season goes.  If you fall out of contention I would shop McCoy to a contender to see if you can get younger at this position.  McCoy will maximize value during the season so if you are out of contention then shop him.  If you are fighting for the trophy then hold tight and ride McCoy and Howard.

WR - You need an upgrade here.  Thomas and Coleman could become studs but they are unproven and need some things to break their way (Can Thomas continue without Cooks?, Will the QB situation improve and can Coleman stay healthy?).  More likely they are WR2 and WR3 caliber for this year so if you can make a deal for another high end WR2 do it.  Fitz is on his last legs and Decker is a huge question mark that I wouldn't expect anything out of.  Meredith and Sanders also have a lot of questions.  You should be able to mix and match to find two starters (your WR3 and flex spots).

TE - This should be a focal point in the draft and in trades.  Witten is essentially done and Walker is serviceable but you need some youth. 

As far as the pick at 1.07, go ahead and take your highest ranked player at that spot.  You can use a youth infusion at all spots so I wouldn't force a position.  But I would look to one of the rookie TE's with your second pick if you didn't take one at 1.07

Are there any veteran QBs available? Not sure if one of them would be an upgrade to Glennon, but that's a spot that IMO you should look to upgrade. or take Trubisky to back yourself up. QBs tend to go in the 2nd and 3rd for my 12 team dynasty league- you could look back at old drafts and see if there any patterns like that.

RBs look decent- you'd be taking a flyer on a rookie at those first two picks with a Kamara or Perrine (non-top 5, so none of McC, Fournette, Mix or Cook).

With your TE scoring, I'd imagine Howard and maybe the other two end up being 1st rounders? Might want to target them- or if they go earlier, one of the top 6 will have dropped to you, and you take them.

If not one of the TEs, I think you should be able to get a nice young WR with your 1st pick. fwiw- John Ross just went at the 1.7 in my draft.

eta: your WRs are potentially solid if one of them hits- but could also be a weak spot if they don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR TE bonus 

picks 1.7, 2.4, 3.9, 5.8
Personally, this team is pretty average.

Prescott is a middling QB....Glennon might not be the Bears QB at the EOS.

You have good starting RBs but you're bench is weak.

Your WR corps lack a true WR1 and carry a lot of risk. 

Your TE are fine but Witten is on his last legs, so you could use another TE.

Gally is right, you have a tradeable asset in McCoy if you get out of contention, which I would suspect you will, since this is a middle of the pack team at best.

Offers I have recieved so far

trade A

I get Ertz, 2.8

I give Walker, 1.7

trade B

i get TY Hilton, Dez Bryant, Lamar Miller, Pitta

i give Mike Thomas, Corey Coleman, J Howard, Jason Witten

trade A

I get Ertz, 2.8

I give Walker, 1.7

trade B

I dont like either of these trades for you...i would sit tight and add youth through the draft. You have a solid team for a 12 man league.

trade A

I get Ertz, 2.8

I give Walker, 1.7

trade B

Neither of these  offers are remotely close to something I would consider.  Trade B seems ok but it doesn't put you over the top and really limits your future.  Just sit tight.   

Got offered L Miller/Tyler Ervin, TY Hilton

i give J Howard, C Corey Coleman, pick 1.7
Still no for me. With a te bonus perhaps someone falls to 1.07 or you can trade back a few spots and get additional assets. I don't like giving up Howard and Coleman just needs to be healthy and he'll get targets. Seems like Miller isn't going to be a workhorse. 

I would try moving back to around 1.10 for a better backup qb if possible. You don't lose a ton of value and shore up a weakness. Assuming there is a partner that makes sense. 

Another idea is maybe offer Coleman/1.07 for Hilton. 

Users who are viewing this thread