What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roger Ailes Dead at 77 (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I didn't realize he was that ill.

For better or worse, Ailes was hugely influential, and I'm sure he was pleased with the role he played in both politics and the media.  RIP.

I want to add that, for me, his incredible influence on our society was almost wholly negative. I'm not taking anything away from his achievement, which was truly remarkable. But Roger Ailes attached populism to the Republican party, which ended up producing our current President. And by creating a heavily biased alternative to the mainstream media in which conservatives could enjoy alternative facts that they would prefer, he severely weakened one of the foundations of our freedom. Gail Wynand of the 21st century.

These threads are always the worst. People love to voice their disapproval of a dead person just so everyone else knows how much they didn't like them. Gotta make sure to get that last jab in so everyone can know the "truth."

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't agree with the guy politically.....but he knew his ####.  I guess God needed someone to set up a 24 Hour news network in Heaven. 

Fox Exec: "Roger, we don't know how to run this network without you. Special counsel! How are we going to distract from THIS is the news cycle tomorrow?!!!"

Roger: ""Hold my beer."

These threads are always the worst. People love to voice their disapproval of a dead person just so everyone else knows how much they didn't like them. Gotta make sure to get that last jab in so everyone can know the "truth."
Exactly.

It's pretty easy to guess who will be 'that guy.'

So this is the part where the snowflakes express faux outage that we aren't sufficiently sad that this pervert is dead?

I want to add that, for me, his incredible influence on our society was almost wholly negative. I'm not taking anything away from his achievement, which was truly remarkable. But Roger Ailes attached populism to the Republican party, which ended up producing our current President. And by creating a heavily biased alternative to the mainstream media in which conservatives could enjoy alternative facts that they would prefer, he severely weakened one of the foundations of our freedom. Gail Wynand of the 21st century.
I tend to agree.  Ailes isn't the only guilty party here by any means, but he was one of the earliest pioneers in creating a "bubble" for people who would rather be told that they're right than to consume accurate news.  Our society is worse off for the spread of media bubbles on cable television, talk radio, social media, etc.  But I know Ailes wouldn't share that view.  

Interesting response. Not sure if you're referring to me, but I didn't make any personal attacks on Ailes. I don't know much if anything about his personal situation, so I'll leave that for others. My comments were about his role in our society, which I found to be large, impressive, and for me not good.

I tend to agree.  Ailes isn't the only guilty party here by any means, but he was one of the earliest pioneers in creating a "bubble" for people who would rather be told that they're right than to consume accurate news.  Our society is worse off for the spread of media bubbles on cable television, talk radio, social media, etc.  But I know Ailes wouldn't share that view.  
I would argue that to a lesser degree the bubble existed before. Ailes expanded it and now both sides are more open and obvious on their agenda.  Fox is on par with the other major media outlets in terms of accuracy and bias.  A rock solid source with no bias does not exist.  Cable and social media would have driven us this direction with or without Ailes.   It is just the nature of people. 

Virtue signaling. 

Heavily biased alternative.   :lmao:

Rolling Stone laid it down 

The extent to which we hate and fear each other now – that's not any one person's fault. But no one person was more at fault than Roger Ailes. He never had a soul to sell, so he sold ours. It may take 50 years or a century for us to recover. Even dictators rarely have that kind of impact. Enjoy the next life, you monster.

Capella said:
Rolling Stone laid it down 
Talk about classless.  Some people can not help themselves.  This is not as bad as the Nancy Reagan thread, but the day is young. 

Imagine you have a male boss or a hideously disgusting female boss pressuring you to put out or your job will be in jeopardy. And it's a job you really need, you know, to pay a mortgage and feed your family. What a gutless and pathetic thing to do to use power and coercion to get laid because you're a fat pile of #### and just because you can. #### him. I hope he suffered.

There is no respect in the country for the other side, and one side is worse than the other when it comes to that.  It is why political discussion here suck. 
Dude, have you read about his sexual harassment acts? Are you crazy? That guy was a massive piece of ####, Fox News aside. 

There is no respect in the country for the other side, and one side is worse than the other when it comes to that.  It is why political discussion here suck. 
The fact that you're framing this in partisan terms shows just exactly how clueless you are. Roger Ailes was a complete POS personally, regardless of his politics. You gonna cry about and demand respect for Dennis Hastert too when he finally gets what he deserves?

Dude, have you read about his sexual harassment acts? Are you crazy? That guy was a massive piece of ####, Fox News aside. 
Haven't gave it that much attention.  Most claim a hostile work environment.  So he is a jerk.  Haven't seen anything that was rape or even sexual assault.  But not anything I looked into. 

Haven't gave it that much attention.  Most claim a hostile work environment.  So he is a jerk.  Haven't seen anything that was rape or even sexual assault.  But not anything I looked into. 
Of course you haven't. I wonder why...

And don't you think that maybe you should look into it just a bit before throwing your two cents in about how the dislike is just naked partisanship?

Imagine you have a male boss or a hideously disgusting female boss pressuring you to put out or your job will be in jeopardy. And it's a job you really need, you know, to pay a mortgage and feed your family. What a gutless and pathetic thing to do to use power and coercion to get laid because you're a fat pile of #### and just because you can. #### him. I hope he suffered.
Not that you will ever read this but :goodposting:    :thumbup:  

:lmao:  ok 

maybe do a google 

Yeah, that's why when George HW Bush was pushed out on the field in a weakened state at the Super Bowl everyone yelled "enjoy your wheelchair sucker, you got what you deserved you dastardly Republican!!!"

Oh wait, everyone was gracious and showed nothing but support for him?  Weird.  He represented the same political party as Ailes.  How could the responses be so different?  It's almost as if the responses about Ailes have less to do with him being a different political party and more to do with him being a horrible human being that the world is better off without.  But I guess that can't possibly be it.

Yeah, that's why when George HW Bush was pushed out on the field in a weakened state at the Super Bowl everyone yelled "enjoy your wheelchair sucker, you got what you deserved you dastardly Republican!!!"

Oh wait, everyone was gracious and showed nothing but support for him?  Weird.  He represented the same political party as Ailes.  How could the responses be so different?  It's almost as if the responses about Ailes have less to do with him being a different political party and more to do with him being a horrible human being that the world is better off without.  But I guess that can't possibly be it.
Oh go excuse suck ### behavior.  The worst here was the on slaught against Nancy Reagan. Completely uncalled for.  

This thread along with most political threads prove it.  Many  have a very difficult time listening to alternative viewpoints and demonize.  It is pathetically sad people are that wrapped up judging people based on ideas.  
Such as the viewpoint that rapey behavior is fine as long as the guy is on my team?

This thread along with most political threads prove it.  Many  have a very difficult time listening to alternative viewpoints and demonize.  It is pathetically sad people are that wrapped up judging people based on ideas.  
Sorry I judged the guy for being a sexual harasser who fired people who wouldn't submit to his advances. Sad!

Users who are viewing this thread