What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft PPR (Single Keeper) Pre-Draft Trade (1 Viewer)

Fair Trade?

• Lopsided Trade (favors OP)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Lopsided Trade (favors #1 Pick Owner)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Trade (favors OP)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Good Trade (favors #1 Pick Owner)

• Fair Trade (Even)

• Total voters
League is: PPR, 10 team, and we can trade players / draft picks for future draft picks. Starters are 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 3Flex, 1K, 1DST.  

Every team also gets one keeper as long as that player was drafted in the 6th round or later the previous year. There are some limitations on trading but they aren't relevant here.

I have the following picks:

Keeper: Jay Ajayi

1st: Pick 5

2nd: Pick 12, 15, 16

3rd - 6th: Picks 25, 36, 45, 56

7th: Picks 61, 65

With my solid 2nd round depth, I want to try and move up from pick 5 to pick 1 (to get David Johnson instead of ODBJ, Julio, Evans or McCoy).  I'm offering the #1 pick owner the following trade:

I give up: Picks 5, 16, 56, 61

I get: Picks 1, 20, 60

So basically I drop back 5 spots in rounds 2 and 6 and I give him back his 7th round pick (pick 61) in order to move up from pick 5 to pick 1.

This would give me David Johnson, Jay Ajayi and WRs at picks 12, 15, 20 and 25 (current Staff Rankings after Keepers are removed puts these four as: TY Hilton, Amari, Lamar and Landry).

Would you do this trade if you were me?

Would you do this trade if you were the #1 pick team?

Also please let me know if you think it's too one-sided one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say if it's lopsided or not. I think it's worth the trade for you if you can get the #1 pick. Not sure if the other person would do it, guess it depends if they value guys a little higher in those mid-rounds.

Really hard to evaluate from the other team's perspective without knowing his pick situation.  I don't think it would hurt to float it but my guess is that he won't do it unless there isn't somebody he has his heart set on.  If he has 5 guys he can't decide between and is fine with any of them then he very likely will do it.  But if he really wants a particular guy there is no way he makes this deal. 

I think this trade favors you but it's not as crazy lopsided as it would be in a normal league.

If my understanding of your league rules is correct, your current draft picks give you three shots at landing a keeper for 2018 - 56, 61, and 65. If you trade away the first two to move up to 1 and you whiff on your 7th-rounder, you won't have anyone you're able to keep next year (this assumes the OP lists all your draft picks - obviously the math changes if you've still got picks in the 8th, 9th, etc. rounds).

DJ is such a beast in shallow PPR leagues that it's still worth making the deal, but I'd definitely play up the "get extra shots at next year's keeper" angle to the other owner if you seriously hope to get it accepted.

I appreciate all of the responses.  To clarify:

With this trade, I only lose the first pick in the 7th round.  The rest of the trades move me back to later picks in the same round.  I should have clarified, we get to keep any player that wasn't kept the previous year and has to be taken in the 6th round through 15th round (or picked up on waivers). 

I think I'm going to try and offer to have him also move up in the 4th round.

Users who are viewing this thread