What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car Crashes in to Pedestrians in Times Square (1 Viewer)

dammit. I hope there are no fatalities here... based on the below, sounds intentional

A speeding car crashed into pedestrians on a sidewalk in New York City's busy Times Square on Thursday, causing multiple injuries, witnesses said.

Thirteen people were treated for injuries, the New York Fire Department said on Twitter.

The New York Police Department closed off the area.

A Reuters witness said at least 10 people were being treated for injuries on the ground after the collision around noon ET (1600 GMT) at the Midtown Manhattan tourist site.

The vehicle was a red sedan and CBS New York Television said the driver had been removed. Witnesses said the motorist had driven against traffic and onto the sidewalk, striking pedestrians.

The car crashed into a pole and came to rest at 45th Street and Broadway.

Seven people were being placed on stretchers, a Reuters witness said. Shoes were scattered at the scene and one person was covered by a bloodstained blanket, the Reuters witness said.

The NYPD says the motive is not terror, but possibly a DWI, according to the NYPD. The driver, a 26-year-old man from the Bronx has two prior DWIs, according to the NYPD. He has been taken into custody.

Wife works on 42nd and 7th. She's OK. Very scary.

ETA: Not as a desnuda...as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there's no death penalty in NY so you guys gotta pay for this losers remaining existence. We will be raising your taxes to cover his housing & health care.

looks like its right at the TKTS stand
hfs - i'm over in Jersey today, and just got texted by a very gb who was a block away from this - ffs, can't even right now - bless the deceased, and all those affected and injured  :(

oh, and  :censored:   :hot:

This being NYC, the entire attack from start to finish including him making his deliberate U-turn and him being tackled by the traffic agent is on video. Its crazy. he was FLYING for blocks.

This being NYC, the entire attack from start to finish including him making his deliberate U-turn and him being tackled by the traffic agent is on video. Its crazy. he was FLYING for blocks.
Just watched the video on Liveleak.  Holy crap that is some scary ####.  

yeah- thanks for the link, but no freaking way I'm watching that.

my office is a couple blocks from their- the wife too. living in the city, you make an effort to be extra aware of your surroundings, even though some things you just can't imagine. but dammit- going to be that much more vigilant, especially in busier traffic areas. just don't need to have the visuals of that in my brain.

just terrifying to think of happening with my family around. my continued T&P to those involved. ugh.

yeah- thanks for the link, but no freaking way I'm watching that.

my office is a couple blocks from their- the wife too. living in the city, you make an effort to be extra aware of your surroundings, even though some things you just can't imagine. but dammit- going to be that much more vigilant, especially in busier traffic areas. just don't need to have the visuals of that in my brain.

just terrifying to think of happening with my family around. my continued T&P to those involved. ugh.
normally don't do biz up that way, but when i do, it's in that direct vicinity ... usually around that timeframe as well (grab a bite or a beer with a buddy) - anyway, i have always walked on the side of the street facing incoming traffic - never have my back to the street on a two way.

saw the pics and accompanying story about that poor young lady who perished - the heart breaks for her and the family and loved ones  :(

Users who are viewing this thread