What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Matt Breida - Giants RB (1 Viewer)

SF has a good looking offense for a team with questionable talent at the skill positions. I've been impressed with the 2 games I've seen. I'm glad nobody believes in Breida b/c I tried trading him and had no takers. If he can stay healthy he's got some decent ability to get skinny and move piles, from what I've seen.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
He's my new favorite player. He's got speed. He can't be injured. He's averaging damn near 7 yards a carry.

Dude is the ultimate underdog. How can you not root for this guy?

Sounds like he was definitely hobbled. The fact that he fumbled didn't help. On top of all that, they were dominated by the Rams and this one was over early.

Honestly, I'd like to see him take a week or two off and heal up, although I don't expect that to happen. He does get to face the wet tissues known as the AZ d-line next week.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
No idea but he was stuck on 5 carries all day. I think he went out, was questionable to return... may have come back in, not sure. Updates welcome.
He went in, tweeked the ankle early.  He went out, got taped, went back in.  Limped off again in the 2nd qtr and never came back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Breida (ankle) played just five snaps Week 7 against the Rams.

Breida aggravated his ankle injury on the first carry of the game. He came back in for four more plays before limping off again at the end of the first half. With Raheem Mostert showing well, it might be time for Breida to sit out a few games to rest his troublesome ankle.
FINALLY  he can rest his injuries a few games. Why they kept trotting him out there full of drugs I dunno. I wouldn't cut him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the hell can figure out this guy’s injury status week to week?

when he’s doubtful or limited he plays a ton, when he’s healthy he gets 5 carries

WTF?

Questionable for tonight. Of course the match-up is very advantageous and he's played through injury already but I don't trust him

May go with either DJ Moore or Sutton as Flex.

I wonder if I'm not better off dropping him and letting him be somebody else's headache.

Questionable for tonight. Of course the match-up is very advantageous and he's played through injury already but I don't trust him

May go with either DJ Moore or Sutton as Flex.

I wonder if I'm not better off dropping him and letting him be somebody else's headache.
I read that CJ Beathard may not play tonight either

I didn't want to believe but the guy looks pretty legit to me.  They just have to get him healthy

Legit in what way? I’m an owner and I like him a lot. Great when he has space. But he looks little to me. Swallowed up and whacked in the hole

I got to watch last night's game, and I liked what I saw from him.  He didn't look gimpy or anything, and had a nice burst.  Shortly after Mostert went out, Shanahan made the right call by pulling Breida for the rest of the game.  Breida gets to play at home versus the Giants next Monday night.  I'm sure he will be listed as questionable, but unless he hurts himself between now and then, he should be on the field quite a bit.  I think he is in store for a pretty good game.  Calling it now - 15 carries for 105 yds, 4 catches for 50 yds, and 2 TD's.

Legit in what way? I’m an owner and I like him a lot. Great when he has space. But he looks little to me. Swallowed up and whacked in the hole
He is still averaging over 5.5 yards per carry and about 13 touches a game in spite of injuries, but the first month before he got hurt he looked awesome - great speed, nice cuts and seemingly getting 10 on every run. 

His first 5 games he had 49 rushes for 369 yards and a td - over 7 yards a carry - plus 11 catches for 90 yards and another td.  About 10 carries and a couple catches is a pretty sustainable workload for him.  

He got hurt week 5 after starting out 8 for 56 and a 5 yard receiving touchdown in the first quarter.  He looked really good.  

He's got 47 rushes for 162 yards and a touchdown in his last 4 games and had at least one long run called back on penalty last night. 

If you want to say he gets hurt too much, sure, that's an issue. But he's played through multiple injuries including a sprained ankle and a hyper extended knee that both seemed certain to keep him out. And while it's easy to conclude that he's too small, the knee was a non contact injury and the ankle the following week was just twisted.  It's not like some huge dude just crushed him.  He's been playing through pain for the last month and doing an admirable but not particularly effective job.

I think he's carved out a permanent role similar to Cohen and Thompson.  He's not as good a receiver as they are but he was getting 2-3 catches a week until he got hurt and i expect him to get more receiving work again when healthy.  I was trying to sell in dynasty for a while but i'm really impressed with the way he's gutted out these injuries and the team has continued to feed him.  

Was hoping he'd sneak out one of the 2 TD's from inside the 5. Not to be. Yay 5.20 pts. Jalen Richard would have been a better start. I did like that he looked in better shape, health-wise.

Stone hands... not on that TD catch. Nobody is buying this kid from me in my leagues and I still think they're ultimately doing me a favor. SF's offense is legit.

dude's trying to get back n the starting lineup.  I like the quickness and running instincts  - pretty damn good.  But he goes down a bit too easy and limps every time.

Users who are viewing this thread