What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Matt Breida - Giants RB (1 Viewer)

Matt Breida rushed 17 times for 101 yards and one touchdown and caught 3-of-4 targets for 31 yards and a second touchdown in the 49ers' 27-23, Week 10 loss to the Giants on Monday night.

The 20 touches marked a new season-high for Breida. After having 11 days to rest his ailing ankle between games, this was as healthy as Breida has looked since Week 3 when he suffered a knee injury only to hurt his ankle in Week 5. Breida dominated the backfield work with Raheem Mostert (arm, I.R.) out of the picture, ceding nine ineffective carries to Alfred Morris. Breida was limping at times in this one but showed way more burst than we've seen from him over the last month or so. He'll now get the Niners' bye to get fully healthy before hosting the Bucs in Week 12.

Nov 12 - 11:36 PM

I got to watch last night's game, and I liked what I saw from him.  He didn't look gimpy or anything, and had a nice burst.  Shortly after Mostert went out, Shanahan made the right call by pulling Breida for the rest of the game.  Breida gets to play at home versus the Giants next Monday night.  I'm sure he will be listed as questionable, but unless he hurts himself between now and then, he should be on the field quite a bit.  I think he is in store for a pretty good game.  Calling it now - 15 carries for 105 yds, 4 catches for 50 yds, and 2 TD's.
close

I got to watch last night's game, and I liked what I saw from him.  He didn't look gimpy or anything, and had a nice burst.  Shortly after Mostert went out, Shanahan made the right call by pulling Breida for the rest of the game.  Breida gets to play at home versus the Giants next Monday night.  I'm sure he will be listed as questionable, but unless he hurts himself between now and then, he should be on the field quite a bit.  I think he is in store for a pretty good game.  Calling it now - 15 carries for 105 yds, 4 catches for 50 yds, and 2 TD's.
Actual was 17 carries for 101 yds, 3 catches for 31 yds, and 2 TD's... and on my bench!  In my defense, I had DJ, Conner, and Chubb in my lineup.

OK for me to Venmo you $100 the next time you go to Vegas?  :lol:

Matt Breida - RB -  49ers

Matt Breida (ankle) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

If Breida's ankle is bothering him, it sure didn't show Sunday against Tampa Bay as the second-year ball-carrier topped 100 yards rushing for the second straight game. As long as he stays healthy, Breida should become the Niners' first 1,000-yard rusher since Frank Gore in 2014. Fantasy owners can treat him as an RB2 against the Seahawks in Week 13.

Source: Cam Inman on Twitter 

Nov 28 - 7:08 PM

What is this kids long term prospects? Obviously Mckinnon back probably takes a big chunk of his volume away and his injury concerns are legit-- but hes been damn impressive, is really young, and his beloved my his offensive guru head coach.

I couldn't give this guy away at my league's trade deadline a couple weeks ago (after his MNF breakout).  So at the end of my bench he stays, I guess.

Declined offers:

Breida + Lockett for TY Hilton

Breida + Edelman for TY Hilton

Breida + Lockett for Corey Davis

Breida + Lockett for Amari Cooper

Breida + Lockett for Keenan Allen

Breida + Doyle for Kittle

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Breida (ankle) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

If Breida's ankle is bothering him, it sure didn't show Sunday against Tampa Bay as the second-year ball-carrier topped 100 yards rushing for the second straight game. As long as he stays healthy, Breida should become the Niners' first 1,000-yard rusher since Frank Gore in 2014. Fantasy owners can treat him as an RB2 against the Seahawks in Week 13.

Source: Cam Inman on Twitter 

Nov 28 - 7:08 PM
the last play he was in he got hit and limped off.  

It looked like his foot got dragged on the tackle.  

I couldn't give this guy away at my league's trade deadline a couple weeks ago (after his MNF breakout).  So at the end of my bench he stays, I guess.

Declined offers:

Breida + Lockett for TY Hilton

Breida + Edelman for TY Hilton

Breida + Lockett for Corey Davis

Breida + Lockett for Amari Cooper

Breida + Lockett for Keenan Allen

Breida + Doyle for Kittle
If he's planted on your bench I would have taken Allen and likely Hilton and inserted them into my lineup.

Why the hell was Brieda benched today?  Him sitting on the sideline has caused my pretend football team to miss the playoffs.  Bullocks!

Supposedly he tweaked his ankle in pregame. We're lucky that Jeff Wilson had to leave the game for a bit with his own injury because Breida managed to get some points in that small window. He caught a 22 yarder and someone landed on his ankle and that was it.

Matt Breida (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday, getting in a limited session.

Advice: Breida was ruled out very early in the week last week and has essentially missed the last two games, potentially giving him enough time to get his troublesome ankle healthy. If Breida is able to go, Jeff Wilson will be off the fantasy radar.
Either rule him out immediately or declare that his ankle is 100% and make him do 500 jumping jacks in front of the media to prove it, please.

Either rule him out immediately or declare that his ankle is 100% and make him do 500 jumping jacks in front of the media to prove it, please.
Yeah, even after that bye it didn’t help him out. He needs to be out at least another week to be sure, because he keeps on getting hurt. Too much risk to play him now and if he does play, destroys Wilson’s value for this week. 

I’m thinking of cutting him. Rather grab a defense for next week. I’ll hold Wilson for now. They play the Bears in 16 anyways. 

Anything new? I’m backed into a corner in my one league. High points on the year and coming off my 1st round bye. Have Gurley, Breida, Crowell and M. Brown so essentially taking a zero if Breida can’t play. I did not plan well and have zero FAAB left. Made a waiver list last week and missed on the RBs but had a receiver as contingency not thinking I’d still be without a RB! Should have left $1 so I could at least pick up a warm body. Smacking myself repeatedly for the rest of the week. 

Elevencents said:
Anything new? I’m backed into a corner in my one league. High points on the year and coming off my 1st round bye. Have Gurley, Breida, Crowell and M. Brown so essentially taking a zero if Breida can’t play. I did not plan well and have zero FAAB left. Made a waiver list last week and missed on the RBs but had a receiver as contingency not thinking I’d still be without a RB! Should have left $1 so I could at least pick up a warm body. Smacking myself repeatedly for the rest of the week. 
Sounds like he's going to play, per Schefter.

I'm probably going to put Dixon in for him in one of my flex spots because I think I can afford to be wrong in my particular game. My opponent had Wilson ready to go so we'll see if that changes. But, I'd rather take 6-8 points from Dixon (and I think it will be more than that) than to risk Breida leaving after 4 touches.

That said, I really like this guy and I hope he's healthy enough to get his 1000 yards. It's obvious that he's tough as #### and will play if he can. If he and McKinnon get right in the offseason, they could be tough to stop next year.Imagine them in 2 back sets. 

Anyone feeling good about Breida this week? He was decent in Week 15, but got banged up again late and this week he's facing the Bears. FBGs seems to like him just fine as a solid RB2, and have him a few points ahead of some of my other options (Coleman, Miller), but I can't see starting him with any confidence knowing every tackle could take him out yet again.

Anyone feeling good about Breida this week? He was decent in Week 15, but got banged up again late and this week he's facing the Bears. FBGs seems to like him just fine as a solid RB2, and have him a few points ahead of some of my other options (Coleman, Miller), but I can't see starting him with any confidence knowing every tackle could take him out yet again.
Not at all.

Last I saw, he is not even sure to play. If he does, and with OBJ being out, I may be forced to start him (16 team league)

Matt Breida (ankle) will play in Week 16 against the Bears.

Breida suffered an ankle injury in the fourth quarter Sunday, but has confidently been removed from the Niners' final injury report. Fresh off a matchup against the Seahawks in which he played a season-high 72% of the team's snaps (and handled 22-of-30 backfield touches), he's a low-end volume-based RB2 against DC Vic Fangio's front-seven.

Source: San Francisco 49ers on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 4:39 PM

Surprised how high he is ranked by some of the FB Guys "experts". Not only coming off an injury but going against the vaunted Bears D. Really struggling with starting him. 

Not feeling good about him this week. But he’s all I have at RB. If he and Gurley were ruled out I would literally take a zero at the position, lol 😖

Playing him in a 16 team dynasty but not confident.

starting him over John Brown, Burkhead, Zenner, and Chris Hendon in PPR

In another 16 team dynasty debating between him and Robby Anderson

would have been nice if I had started Mark Andrews instead

He could actually do very well against the Bears. Can catch and run and seems to do ok against anyone.

I would never put this guy back in my lineup. He is a lock to be in for 4 or 5 plays then, ouch my ankle. He will screw you guaranteed.

Surprised how high he is ranked by some of the FB Guys "experts". Not only coming off an injury but going against the vaunted Bears D. Really struggling with starting him. 
Same here. Rolling with Coleman instead. Don't feel good about it, and well aware that Breida could have a very nice game. But he's facing he top defense and rarely makes it through a game in one piece. I don't see where the optimism comes from.

smcindoe said:
But he's facing he top defense and rarely makes it through a game in one piece. I don't see where the optimism comes from.
I'm right about roughly one call every year. Saved it for the end this time around.

irish eyes said:
I would never put this guy back in my lineup. He is a lock to be in for 4 or 5 plays then, ouch my ankle. He will screw you guaranteed.
:goodposting:     Good call there.  

Matt Breida is dealing with a "slightly" torn pectoral, but the 49ers expect him to be ready for training camp.

In other words, he has a torn pec. Breida avoided surgery but will miss the rest of the offseason program. If you're going to miss practice, now is the time to do it, but it can only be an advantage for the rest of the bodies in the 49ers' extraordinarily crowded backfield.

SOURCE: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

May 21, 2019, 4:36 PM ET

That will likely destroy any little bit of value he had left. Everyone else works out a pecking order and he comes back as last in line. :(

Well, I'm less concerned today. Per rotowire, he's only expected to be held out of workouts until Training Camp. My brain cramped and I read "miss the rest of the offseason program" as him being out until pre-season games. 

wgoldsph said:
As a McKinnon owner, Breida's inability to stay healthy was the only thing I've been clinging onto.
It's Tevin Coleman. Not McKinnon you should holding onto or getting from this offense. 

tkrull said:
Somebody out of those three will always be injured.  There's great opportunity on the weeks you have the right one.
Definitely looks like that's the situation. It's especially awful when that SF offense has great potential to produce a stud if one RB could pull away from the pack. 

When McKinnon was brought to sf the coach said he found his new freeman. Now he's got his old Coleman. It's falcons 2.0
I doubt McKinnon will be Freeman. In fact, he's not. So I think Tevin will be more than McKinnon not other way around. 

All the news over the last week is that Coleman is looking like the top guy. He's the only one getting reps, though, so that could all change fast once camp starts.

I suspect Coleman rises to the top of this pile.  I don't think McKinnon is anything special.  I respect Breida's toughness and hope he carves out a role or finds a new team.  

Users who are viewing this thread