What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many 2nds equal a 1st? (1 Viewer)

spmcdermott

Footballguy
I've loaded up my team with picks for 2018. Have two 1sts, three 2nds, two 3rds and a 4th. 

Should I look to get more 1sts or stick with my 2nds? Haven't heard much about the 2018 draft class. I was thinking trading the three 2nds for a first. Probably two early 2nds and a mid. 

Team is below. 

Dalton/Mahomes/Alex Smith

Gio/Devonta Freeman/Kareem Hunt/Aaron Jones/Joe Williams

Chris Godwin/Marquise Lee/Desean/Sanu/Torrey Smith/Juju/Mike Wallace/Golden Tate/Taywan Taylor

It is going to depend a lot on which 1st.  Two 2nds for a 1st deals are usually much easier to swing a year or two out than for oicks already slotted,  

For example:  offer me two high seconds for my 1.11 and I probably take it. I'm not sure you could offer me enough 2nds to part with 1.1 most seasons.

Well it's worth noting that he's talking about future 1sts here, not this year.  Any indication of where the pick will be is merely a guess based on how the team looks.

I was recently offered a 2019 1st from a really bad team for three 2nd (two in 2018, one in 2019).  It seemed about right in that I was unsure whether to take it or not.  I guess that means it's probably fair.

Well it's worth noting that he's talking about future 1sts here, not this year.  Any indication of where the pick will be is merely a guess based on how the team looks.

I was recently offered a 2019 1st from a really bad team for three 2nd (two in 2018, one in 2019).  It seemed about right in that I was unsure whether to take it or not.  I guess that means it's probably fair.
For next years top 4 potential first, unless the owner of that team thinks his team is better than bottom 4 that is too little to pay. IMO

I'd rather keep the 2nds. Its almost never a good idea to assume a team will be awful, one or two good waiver moves, and better health than other teams, and suddenly that top-4 pick ends up being 8 or higher pretty quick. 

Also with the looks of your current team, that 2018 2nd round could lead to several upgrades. 

It wouldn't be the worst offer to find a team you think would give up a 2018 1st that you also think is bad and offer him 3 2nds

Users who are viewing this thread