What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I move Rodgers? (1 Viewer)

Mark Football

Footballguy
12 team PPR Dynasty 

I have Rodgers, Cousins and Alex Smith. I need help at WR....Should I move Rodgers for a guy like Diggs, Baldwin, Moncrief, Martavis, Tate, J. Matthews, Parker?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that I would look for either a better WR or perhaps more than one player from the tier you mentioned.  You might also have some success finding a Cousins truther and moving him for one of those WRs.

If you really want help at WR this year Baldwin is the guy but I'd need more than him or any of the others for Rodgers. Maybe ask for Baldwin plus a guy in the 70-100 ADP range who could develop into a highly valuable/productive guy as well.

A QB of both the quality and name brand of an A-Rod ought to net you at least two names from the list you mentioned. I'd try to get one steady producer (Baldwin) and one upside play (Bryant or Parker) as part of the deal, with another little piece thrown in (maybe a late-round pick or a minor upgrade at RB/TE).

If stud QBs don't command much of a premium in trade talks - which is the case in many casual mid-sized leagues - then I'd rather move Cousins for one of those names and hold onto Rodgers. There's never any point at selling a stud at any position for 70 cents on the dollar when you can just keep him in your lineup instead.

Agreed with most here. Those WRs aren't even close to get Rodgers. Not even any combination of them would do it.

And if you looked at fantasy pros rankings Rodgers is right along with these guys. Why should I expect more?
Comparing guys of different positions is tough. There are a ton of WR options at that spot (25-30), but not many QBs. 

You rarely get full value on a QB, but that doesnt mean you should sell the top QB for less IMO. 

Also, Baldwin is the only WR you mentioned that is in roughly the same area as far as rankings. 

You've chosen to ignore numerous suggestions that you keep Rodgers and move Cousins.... I think its good advice.
I've tried, no one is interested...I think there is just too many QB's out there...I've made it clear to my leaguemates that I want to move one of these guys and have received no offers or counter offers.

I've tried, no one is interested...I think there is just too many QB's out there...I've made it clear to my leaguemates that I want to move one of these guys and have received no offers or counter offers.
That might be because they all know you are desperate to move one of the QB's.  I wouldn't force anything for the moment.   A market may develop in season if people get injured and don't have the depth to fill it.  Once you are pushing to move these guys to everyone they know they don't need to pay even money on them.  They will low ball you (if they even make any offers).  Just be patient.

That might be because they all know you are desperate to move one of the QB's.  I wouldn't force anything for the moment.   A market may develop in season if people get injured and don't have the depth to fill it.  Once you are pushing to move these guys to everyone they know they don't need to pay even money on them.  They will low ball you (if they even make any offers).  Just be patient.
If they thought I was desperate wouldn't they be sending at least low ball offers? 

If any of you had 2 WR1's and your QB was Rivers would you trade 1 for Rodgers? How bout 2 WR2's? Probably not. I wouldn't, that's why I'm trying to trade Rodgers. QB value is kind of like baseball card value, the price guide says one thing but no one is going to give you that.

If any of you had 2 WR1's and your QB was Rivers would you trade 1 for Rodgers? How bout 2 WR2's? Probably not. I wouldn't, that's why I'm trying to trade Rodgers. QB value is kind of like baseball card value, the price guide says one thing but no one is going to give you that.
True......unless the right circumstances come along.  Typically this time of year most owners aren't too worried about QB so they aren't willing to float much in the way of offers.  But as the season goes along and teams sort out their direction (contender or not) the value of Rodgers will go up.  There is always a team that is in contention that needs a QB and is willing to pay close to true value.

True......unless the right circumstances come along.  Typically this time of year most owners aren't too worried about QB so they aren't willing to float much in the way of offers.  But as the season goes along and teams sort out their direction (contender or not) the value of Rodgers will go up.  There is always a team that is in contention that needs a QB and is willing to pay close to true value.
Well this is what I'll hope for. I appreciate your input.

Honestly, Cousins is worth more than all of those WR's except Baldwin in my opinion. Rodgers should be pulling someone along the lines of Hilton or someone in that range.

Your WR's could be fine anyway. I mean, Coleman and Perriman have breakout potential, and Watkins just has to stay healthy. 

I'd stay put with Rodgers if that is all the offers you are getting. QBs and TEs are always underrated this time of year.

I would move Cousin's. You could move Cousin's and if you paired Watkins or Coleman with him to upgrade at receiver.

Well I received my first offer for Rodgers.

Carlos Henderson, Tyler Lockett, 2018 3rd.

This is what I'm dealing with here people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I received my first offer for Rodgers.

Carlos Henderson, Tyler Lockett, 2018 3rd.

This is what I'm dealing with here people.
So hold onto him and enjoy a massive weekly advantage at QB. Why wouldn't you?

In a 12-teamer, especially since you have 3 every-week starters, there is always gonna be a team whose QB depth chart looks like Dalton, Goff, Kessler. All it takes is one team having their one reliable starter go down in TC or pre-season, and all of a sudden they're gonna be the fantasy equivalent of the Vikings coming to you and offering their 1st-rounder for Sam Bradford.  :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread