What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading picks question (1 Viewer)

Unwrittenlaw

Footballguy
16 team IDP league..

If I were to move back from 4 to 9 or 10, what RB do you think I could get back in return?

Is the #10, #16, 1st next year enough for the #4?

Is the #4 pick enough for Gurley?

Last edited by a moderator:
16 team IDP league..

If I were to move back from 4 to 9 or 10, what RB do you think I could get back in return?

Is the #10, #16, 1st next year enough for the #4?

Is the #4 pick enough for Gurley?
"What back could I get" is far too dependent on other owners' rosters and team needs to answer meaningfully.

I would probably be open to moving 4 for the three firsts you mention, especially if I expected the 2018 to be in the top half.  This year's class is deep enough for 16 to hold decent value.

I would prefer Gurley to McCaffery/Mixon/ whichever at 4, but close enough that it depends how soured Gurley's owner has become.  You might add a few lower value pieces to 1.4 to make it more enticing, if you really want Gurley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Gurley go for the 1.03 in a league. I would wait till I was on the clock to move the pick. Once that draft timer starts people go a little loopy and are willing to spend a little more to get these premium rookies. I'd wait till you were OTC and send 1.04 for Gurley. If that doesn't work out you'll still be able to maximize that picks value in a trade down.

I saw Gurley go for the 1.03 in a league. I would wait till I was on the clock to move the pick. Once that draft timer starts people go a little loopy and are willing to spend a little more to get these premium rookies. I'd wait till you were OTC and send 1.04 for Gurley. If that doesn't work out you'll still be able to maximize that picks value in a trade down.
This.

1.4 pick will have a lot of leverage, since it generally reflects a drop down in tiers....especially if the 1st 3 picks are RBs. 

I like Gurley more than any of the rookies in this class. Getting Fisher and co. out is going to be a gigantic upgrade, and I believe Gurley is a true elite talent. 

Also the 10, 16 and a 2018 1st is not enough for the #4 pick, especially if that pick could get Gurley.

Users who are viewing this thread