What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bell or these picks? (1 Viewer)

I would hold onto Bell for that price but If I were a couple Two Hearteds in I would consider it. But I'm a little skittish when it comes to Bell for different reasons.

I would run to the players side.  I would much rather have those proven NFL players over the picks.  The success rate of hitting on fantasy prospects is about 50% so you are getting two players that you know what they do at the NFL level for the possibility of 2+ draft picks maybe hitting.   

Depends on the roster, this is a great draft to reload if your team is void of talent other than these 2. In a vacuum I take Bell side.

Gally said:
I would run to the players side.  I would much rather have those proven NFL players over the picks.  The success rate of hitting on fantasy prospects is about 50% so you are getting two players that you know what they do at the NFL level for the possibility of 2+ draft picks maybe hitting.   
How much longer is Murray going to be doing what he does though?

How much longer is Murray going to be doing what he does though?
At least for next year and if the Titans really move on I am sure he will find a home that will utilize him the following year.  I tend to look at dynasty in 2 yr increments because too much can change too quickly to plan for more than that.  For the next two years I would rather have Bell and Murray than the picks you listed and it's not particularly close.

Rookie draft or redraft?

Redraft - take the picks. You can do A LOT with 2, 7, 10 and Bell, while great, is oft injured.

Hell in a rookie draft I might take the picks, depending on my team. #2 will land you Fournette or Davis, both of which will be big producers (Davis may take a year). 

With 7 and 10 you can nab O.J. Howard and another back like Kamara, Hunt, or Perine. 

New possibility.

Bell and demarco murray

Or

Picks 2,5,7,10
Now this, I'd go with Bell and Murry. Those are two top backs who will produce. A duo like that could win you a championship if things break right and you get some decent play from your other players. 

At least for next year and if the Titans really move on I am sure he will find a home that will utilize him the following year.  I tend to look at dynasty in 2 yr increments because too much can change too quickly to plan for more than that.  For the next two years I would rather have Bell and Murray than the picks you listed and it's not particularly close.
I definitely do NOT look at 2 year incriments, and i think because of that I hwve had a lot of success in dynasty.

Also, would not surprise me one bit to see Derrick Henry take a ton of murrays work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely do NOT look at 2 year incriments, and i think because of that I hwve had a lot of success in dynasty.

Also, would not surprise me one bit to see Derrick Henry take a ton of murrays work.
How many years do you base your valuations on?  I am in the hunt for the title every year in my dynasty leagues using this method.  The owners I see always looking to the future seem to be in the lower half all the time because they are always rebuilding. 

I am hoping Henry takes over for Murray because I have Henry but I don't think it happens this year.  I think he will be used a bit more this year but probably still 60-40 in Murrays favor.  

How many years do you base your valuations on?  I am in the hunt for the title every year in my dynasty leagues using this method.  The owners I see always looking to the future seem to be in the lower half all the time because they are always rebuilding. 

I am hoping Henry takes over for Murray because I have Henry but I don't think it happens this year.  I think he will be used a bit more this year but probably still 60-40 in Murrays favor.  
I dont have a set number of years I base it on.  I look at each player/situation/trade individually.  But certainly longer than 2 years.  You gonna take Jordy Nelson over Mike Evans??  I think Jordy will score more than Evans over the next 2 years.  But no, no chance.  You gonna take Demarco Murray over pick 1 in this draft?  Good chance Murray scores more the next 2 years.  No way. 

Also, keep in mind, some people are just BAD at building/rebuilding.  They aren't in the bottom half of your league because they are rebuilding.  They are in the bottom half because they are bad at it.

Anyway, a deal went down.  Will post in the trades thread soon, but it was basically this:

Picks 2,5,7,10 and a 2018 2nd rounder

for

Bell, Murray, and a 2019 1st

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread