What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who got the better deal? PPR 12 Team Dynasty (1 Viewer)

huskermadhatter

Footballguy
Team 1:  Received rookie pick 1.02 in 2017, a 2018 3rd and a 2018 4th in the rookie draft.  

Team 2:  Recieved rookie pick 1.09 in 2017, Breshad Perriman and Cameron Meredith.  

Who got the better end of this trade?

This is a close one and I believe will hinge on how much value the owner has in perriman. Personally I think perriman is going to have a good year and is in line with the old thought that WRs don't "figure it out" until year three in the NFL.  With that in mind I think this is a ver fair trade but if I had to chose I would take the 1.02 side. 

I think I prefer the Team 2 side, but it's close. 1.09 can still land a player (thinking Hunt or Perine) that may approximate the value of the 1.02 pick, with admitted greater risk.  the 2018 3rd and 4th round picks I wouldn't factor in as being too valuable, but Perriman and Meredith have upside that, to me, is worth the risk of moving down from 1.02 to 1.09.

Surprised this isn't unanimous in favor of the 1.02.

Perriman hasn't done anything to support the hype and Meredith could be a flash in the pan.  Things could work out for both players and I hope they do... but that is two question marks for a very high draft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the 1.02 side. I never really got any of the hype about Perriman. Hasn't proven himself capable of being a fantasy producer. He has some buzz building because of the Ravens depth chart being so weak. He'll get the opportunity but once he flops his value will be nothing. I'd be moving him in leagues.

I like Meridith but I think we've seen what he can do. He's not going to be a guy you're going to be stoked to start every week but he has a chance to be serviceable.

You know who you would be stoked to start every week? Corey Friggin Davis. or any of those top RB prospects. You don't win leagues by owning a bunch of JAGs. You win leagues by acquiring studs and starting them against whatever team is starting Perriman in their flex that week!

I was Team 1 in that scenario and traded to acquire the 1.02.  Since the trade I've wondered if I traded away too much, but like another poster said, it's quality over quantity.  I'm a little thin at WR now after offloading some depth.  Hoping the 1.01 guy takes Fournette.

Three quarters for a dollar.  I'll take the buck.

Zeke
Richardson
McFadden
Peterson
Cooper
Watkins
Blackmon
AJ Green
Julio
Megatron

Those are the RBs/WRs to be drafted in the top 6 of the NFL draft over the last decade like Fournette/Davis were.  I'll take a shot at that list over a small handful of pieces.  Even the busts on the list had a window where they could bring back the moon in trade early on in their careers.

The 1.2 side, and I don't see how its close. Personally I'd be looking McCaffrey at #2, but really any of the top guys would still make it a worth trade.

Users who are viewing this thread