What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Meijer grocery store (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
Meijer just opened in my neighborhood. approximately 1.5 miles from my door. i've heard this place is Xanadu. come to find out they offer door to door shipment of groceries.

https://www.shipt.com/meijer/

how many of you are Meijer shoppers & how many are using Shipt for door to door service?

Meijer just opened in my neighborhood. approximately 1.5 miles from my door. i've heard this place is Xanadu. come to find out they offer door to door shipment of groceries.

https://www.shipt.com/meijer/

how many of you are Meijer shoppers & how many are using Shipt for door to door service?
I shop there occasionally but Kroger is closest store to my house so I go there 99% of the time

Seems like anytime I go to Meijer I wait in line forever.  Frusturating when I want groceries and have to wait behind people buying clothes and TV 

It's basically a nicer Walmart 

Meijer was my first real job in highschool.  Worked there for 10 years.  Saved my $ and bought my first house with what I saved through working there.

Great company, Great employer. Great local community supporter.

Havent used the door-to-door service yet, but whatever Meijer does, it's usually always top-notch.

Love Meijer.  Shop there every week.  I don't use the shipping service - that just started about two months ago around me.  It can get crowded so I usually go early in the mornings on weekends when the place is empty.  I use the Mperks too in order to save some money.  I just like it because it pretty much has all the stuff I need in one stop, including gas.

One opened up less than 5 min from me. My primary shopping. Get some great deals there and the MPerks is great. Get awesome deals all the time with them. Got work boots the other day. Retail $80 but were on sale then MPerks for % off and another for $20 off.... all said and done I paid $20 for the boots.

Because of my job I have visited 10-15 regularly in the Chicago area. All are clean and well kept. Some are busier than others. The one I go to I don't wait long at all. 

Produce and meat are better quality than normal grocery stores in area but you can ger better by going to pricy/smaller groceries.

Have had good customer service experiences and can't remember a bad one.

Big fan overall. Never tried the shipping thing and would not. There is no need for me.

Love Meijer.  Shop there every week.  I don't use the shipping service - that just started about two months ago around me.  It can get crowded so I usually go early in the mornings on weekends when the place is empty.  I use the Mperks too in order to save some money.  I just like it because it pretty much has all the stuff I need in one stop, including gas.
Did you link your mperks to your credit card?  It takes out a step.

Meijer's great.  A Wal-Mart moved in across the street and nobody is ever there.

Never been but when one opened up in Bowling Green when I was there, a pretty funny writer for the school paper wrote a story about it. It started out, "It was 3am and I needed milk, a crescent wrench, and some khakis..."  That's all I ever think of when I hear a mention of Meijer.

I'm a Kroger man but still spend enough at Meijer.  Although I seem to not have figured out how to use the perks system correctly and checkout lines always seem long.

Good produce and beer selection.

Never been but when one opened up in Bowling Green when I was there, a pretty funny writer for the school paper wrote a story about it. It started out, "It was 3am and I needed milk, a crescent wrench, and some khakis..."  That's all I ever think of when I hear a mention of Meijer.
you just saved me trips to three different places tomorrow :thumbup:  

Also, I'll sometimes make a stop specifically to get paper towels if I can't get to Costco.

I can't ####ing believe how expensive paper towels are and for some reason we go through a crapload of them.  But Meijer has a large pack of store brand for decent price. 

#### I'm old.

yeah very good meat department.  Mine has been putting out these chese/bacon hamburgers that are awesome and some very nice speciality brats about 8 different flavors.

Also, I'll sometimes make a stop specifically to get paper towels if I can't get to Costco.

I can't ####ing believe how expensive paper towels are and for some reason we go through a crapload of them.  But Meijer has a large pack of store brand for decent price. 

#### I'm old.
One of my biggest joys is life is when Kroger has Bounty and Charmin on sale and I can stock up

I work for the Kroger Company (not in retail) so I am almost exclusive to them.  Meijer is not close enough, or convenient enough to ever go there.  The closest one to me is past Costco, 15 minutes away, so if i am going that far, its to go to Costco, which is mostly for the diapers. 

don't you have a wife that should be doing these things
Yes but she's terrible at it (doesn't look for sales, wastes money on organic junk).

I honestly don't mind doing the grocery shopping.  Good relaxing way to get out of the house for a bit, plus you see the occasional hot chick in yoga pants

Yes but she's terrible at it (doesn't look for sales, wastes money on organic junk).

I honestly don't mind doing the grocery shopping.  Good relaxing way to get out of the house for a bit, plus you see the occasional hot chick in yoga pants
I didn't mind it back in the day either.. Except for lines they suck.  But wife does it all now since she is home.

oh I have a target a half mile away too
I need to ban the wife from target.  She'll stop to get a birthday present for kids friends or something and then I see a $150 charge.  "Oh I got some shirts and the kids wanted a DVD and I saw this cute garden gnome...." 

I need to ban the wife from target.  She'll stop to get a birthday present for kids friends or something and then I see a $150 charge.  "Oh I got some shirts and the kids wanted a DVD and I saw this cute garden gnome...." 
I think we have the same wife.   My wife thinks she has to spend $200 every time she goes to Target.  

it's crack to moms

my wife does the exact same thing and then #####es that we have too much junk

well, ####, we didn't need the decorative covers for our downspouts but they were on sale for $29 down from $59 so you couldn't pass it up. that they're clogging up shelf space in the basement is clearly my fault but i understand that we can't just get rid of them... we'll hold them until we have that rummage sale in 2026.

Users who are viewing this thread