What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Golf Clash - who plays? (1 Viewer)

Surprised a lot of ppl don't play. 
It's an interesting model to basically rip off royale's idea and merge it with mario golf basically.  The economy though seems a bit broken.  You need a 50+% win rate to make money just to not end up broke. Even with like a 60% win rate you can't really make enough for upgrades.  You can just grind out at a tour that you can earn a 60% rate I guess.  

It's an interesting model to basically rip off royale's idea and merge it with mario golf basically.  The economy though seems a bit broken.  You need a 50+% win rate to make money just to not end up broke. Even with like a 60% win rate you can't really make enough for upgrades.  You can just grind out at a tour that you can earn a 60% rate I guess.  
i've been playing for a bit, and the above is the truth. the current tournament is a bit expensive, and i think i am going to not make it past the first cuts being -6. i have a bunch of upgrades available but can't afford to pay for them. once you are down in gold, it is hard to come back

I play it.  Finished 3rd in the last tournament (rookie).  This tournament I was too broke to try the pro tournament so I guess I'll crush the rookie tournament again.

The chests really need to give off a bunch more gold.  I mean a Tour 4 chest gives as much gold as watching an ad.  I don't remember this being an issue in royale, but I don't think you lost anything if you lost.

I haven't looked at playerup yet to see what upgraded accounts go for.  That might be the way to just skip the early grind.

Been playing this for a while but not in any tournaments until recently. I typically play in the $10K and $30K games. I have not researched anything yet but thought I would look/ask here first. 

I notice most of my competitors, even using the same golf ball and same clubs have a longer driving distance, have a more “descriptive” tracer line on chips around the green etc.

I’ve played plenty of games and my rating ranges between 850-950. I never buy anything, so maybe that’s it. Any direction for me? I want to hit it longer and have those cool tracer lines like everyone else! 

I'm recently hooked thanks to this thread being bumped last week.  Up to Rookie II status and around a 300 ranking.   It's not easy to earn money for tournament play though.  I think I'm decent given my current equipment situation.I  Hope it gets easier.  

Just wished they had a practice/single player mode. Let me play 18 instead of the constant get matched up, inevitably tie, play closest to the pin, and repeat. Throw in an ad in between holes if you need to.

Just wished they had a practice/single player mode. Let me play 18 instead of the constant get matched up, inevitably tie, play closest to the pin, and repeat. Throw in an ad in between holes if you need to.
Agree here. The tie grind was unreal. 

I was really into playing for 6 months or so, holding a 60% win percentage and getting decent in tournaments. All of a sudden I hit a wall when I got up around 2100 trophies and no matter what it was like the game was out to knock me down. guys would chip in from fairway sandtraps to tie me when I had an easy eagle then I'd lose the playoff, guys always getting perfect swings at full power, stuff like that. So I sort of backed off playing. I refuse to pay real $ for upgrades.  Also annoys me how some long putts are impossible but a chip in is almost automatic.  The concept is great but the need for arcade like -22 scores sort of ruined it. I wish it was more a battle.  Maybe I'll jump in over lunch today.

gocuse3 said:
Im going to join. I refuse to spend real money on these games so hopefully that’s not required. 

I’m Jacob 
Welcome aboard.  I don't really understand the Clan aspect of the game right now.  I guess we just accumulate Clan points with our standard play but I'm not sure what that ultimately results in.  

Welcome aboard.  I don't really understand the Clan aspect of the game right now.  I guess we just accumulate Clan points with our standard play but I'm not sure what that ultimately results in.  
I'm playing the tournament right now, which doesn't seem to have any impact to the clan. It looks like only the head-to-head get your clan points. Would be better if they changed that.

So far, the whole point of the clan seems to be just accumulating Clan points. But it's not hurting to stay in it, so I'll definitely stick around and see what happens.

I'm playing the tournament right now, which doesn't seem to have any impact to the clan. It looks like only the head-to-head get your clan points. Would be better if they changed that.

So far, the whole point of the clan seems to be just accumulating Clan points. But it's not hurting to stay in it, so I'll definitely stick around and see what happens.
I didn't have enough money for the tournament, so I'll be trying to get some clan points with 1 v 1 play.  

Do these clans allow you to play 1v1 for more than one hole at a time? That could get me back in.

Been playing this for a while but not in any tournaments until recently. I typically play in the $10K and $30K games. I have not researched anything yet but thought I would look/ask here first. 

I notice most of my competitors, even using the same golf ball and same clubs have a longer driving distance, have a more “descriptive” tracer line on chips around the green etc.

I’ve played plenty of games and my rating ranges between 850-950. I never buy anything, so maybe that’s it. Any direction for me? I want to hit it longer and have those cool tracer lines like everyone else! 
Simply upgrade your clubs. It takes time.

Downloaded, played it like crazy for a week, was tons of fun. Uninstalled because it was too fun and taking too much of my time and attention.

Very addicting.

I've got a clan out there called "Keeps it real" in case anyone's interested. 
I can’t find this clan. If possible, can someone invite me? My name is, of course, Mr. Ected! ;)

I just started playing last week. I won the beginners league that finished on Sunday. I have become a bit of an addict. :)

Also,

Can’t figure out how to add a picture to my profile. I have read directions, but can find the way to change info about me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t find this clan. If possible, can someone invite me? My name is, of course, Mr. Ected! ;)

I just started playing last week. I won the beginners league that finished on Sunday. I have become a bit of an addict. :)

Also,

Can’t figure out how to add a picture to my profile. I have read directions, but can find the way to change info about me.
Try to find it now.  "Keeps it real".  I changed it so that even beginners can join the clan.  

Turns out that you do get clan coins (?) for playing in a tournament.  You get them all at the end of the tournament.

Anybody find this game to be incredibly streaky?  Some days I can't get anything to bounce right.  Other days it's my opponents who get the bad breaks.   

Anybody find this game to be incredibly streaky?  Some days I can't get anything to bounce right.  Other days it's my opponents who get the bad breaks.   
Very much so, I was on a losing streak the other day where my opponent screwed up his tee shot then his second shot the holed from the sand with a perfect shot at max power to force a playoff. I hit it to .78 yards, he holes it....oy vay.

Two noble truths I've found in the 4 weeks I've been playing this game.

1.  It's a significant disadvantage to go first; especially in the Shoot Out.

2.  Keep in on the fairway off the tee even if it means losing some distance.  You're basically giving away at least half a stroke by being in the bunker or rough off the tee.

Users who are viewing this thread