What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would this McCoy trade make sense - Dynasty (1 Viewer)

kyter1

Footballguy
12 Team PPR 1QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4WR, 1-2TE

Give: Lacy, Drake, Meredith, Moncreif

Get: McCoy

This would normally be too much in my opinion, but would be nice to have another top tier RB for hopefully a couple years  

Brady, Wilson

Bell, Gurley, Murray, Lacy, Abdullah, Kelley, Drake

Brown, Julio, Green, Hopkins, Meredith, Moncreif, Doctson, Sharpe

Ebron, Brate

Last edited by a moderator:
No that seems nuts. Way too much. McCoy might be worth 1.7. I'm in leagues where Moncrief is enough. I think Moncrief or Meredith plus Lacy is plenty.

No that seems nuts. Way too much. McCoy might be worth 1.7. I'm in leagues where Moncrief is enough. I think Moncrief or Meredith plus Lacy is plenty.
Hmm, I completely disagree. This feels like 4 mediocre players for one great one, and the kind of trade I'd instantly reject without a second thought if I were a McCoy owner. None of those 4 guys are likely to see the OP's lineup, but McCoy likely will every week. I think this is an easy accept.

I think McCoy has 2 RB1 seasons left in him, and is likely a top-5 guy this season. I'm curious if Murray is DeMarco or Latavius, if its DeMarco, then this is likely a championship favorite and McCoy helps that a lot more than 4 warm bodies with not much else going for them.

Hmm, I completely disagree. This feels like 4 mediocre players for one great one, and the kind of trade I'd instantly reject without a second thought if I were a McCoy owner. None of those 4 guys are likely to see the OP's lineup, but McCoy likely will every week. I think this is an easy accept.

I think McCoy has 2 RB1 seasons left in him, and is likely a top-5 guy this season. I'm curious if Murray is DeMarco or Latavius, if its DeMarco, then this is likely a championship favorite and McCoy helps that a lot more than 4 warm bodies with not much else going for them.
Well if this were redraft I'd probably agree with you. That said it's not. I'll bet if I search back 1-2 years you had the same attitude regarding Charles and AP. 

For 2 years before last year McCoy as a 27 y/o was barely able to pull a 1st. Now you're saying he's worth more than about the 1.8/1.12/2.5 or startup picks 40/70/90? Seems unlikely.

Conceptually, I love this trade. You should be trying to win a title this year and next ... you've got a bunch of studs in Brady, Bell, Brown, Julio, Green, but they're all at the tail ends of their prime and McCoy fits with that concept. Plus you're getting back the best piece in the trade, which is almost always the way to go in shallower leagues.

Having said that, I'm pretty high on both Meredith and Moncrief and would try an offer in which I wouldn't have to give them both up. Maybe offer Fat Rob in lieu of one of them as I don't think he's much above a replacement-level back.

In a vacuum, this is too much to give up for Shady in PPR, but if push comes to shove, in your specific situation I'd probably grit my teeth and do it.

Well if this were redraft I'd probably agree with you. That said it's not. I'll bet if I search back 1-2 years you had the same attitude regarding Charles and AP. 

For 2 years before last year McCoy as a 27 y/o was barely able to pull a 1st. Now you're saying he's worth more than about the 1.8/1.12/2.5 or startup picks 40/70/90? Seems unlikely.
If McCoy was barely getting a late 1st the prior 2 seasons, that has more to do with him being undervalued than anything. He was easily worth a high 1st going into last year in my opinion. I'm sure those people who preferred guys like Treadwell, Doctson and Shepard feel pretty silly about valuing them over McCoy right now. I would have had a similar opinion of Charles if he wasn't coming off major knee injury, his situation was very different for that reason, and Peterson is/was several years older than McCoy, obviously 27 y/o Peterson was worth a high 1st. 

I think Moncrief is a decent player, who if he stays healthy is likely a high end WR3, I think Meredith is a mediocre player who had a couple nice games, but is not somebody I feel good about as anything higher than a WR4, and I think Lacy is possibly the 3rd best RB on Seattle, he'll get first crack, but nothing he's done since 2014 makes me think he'll hold off Prosise or Rawls, or stay healthy himself. 

Based on your roster I don't see a problem with this trade.  The players you are giving up are not difference makers and they probably won't be in your lineup anytime soon.  The negative with giving up this much is you lose the opportunity to move them for other pieces if needs arise.  I may try and take some of those pieces out but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I should have given more info on the trade. this was his counter to a counter I made to him  He is in rebuild and doesn't have a starting QB  

My original counter was Tannehill, Lacy, Drake and Meredith 

for 

McCoy

@travdogg it is Demarco Murray, sorry always forget about the other Murray

Users who are viewing this thread