What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best PJ Song All-Time (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
I was talking with a good buddy about about PJ and what their best song is all time.  I told my GB that Society is the best and that there is not really a close second, but he is claiming it is rvm.

I know there are a few PJ guys in here.  TF is with me on Society, right?

Society is actually an Eddie Vedder song, not a PJ one. But yeah, great song. Don't know if I can narrow it down. Could be Release.

I was going to say "Black" but it's already been taken by that damn otb_lifer. 

I'll go with the one that broke them. 

"Alive." 

Oh, we're not drafting? Whoa. Gotta get out of that mindset. 

Elderly Woman... and Daughter deserve a mention, too. I thought those were sweet/cool songs back when I was a sophomore in college.  

eta* But Alive is the choice. Them at their grungy rockin-est. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say "Black" but it's already been taken by that damn otb_lifer.
it's the epilogue to "For Emily" - the sad but true  progression (self-fulfilling prophecy?) of a few loves lost over these many years.

oh, and it still gives me a ####### shiver every time i hear it ...

So Ten was in 91, Vs 93 and Vitalogy 94.  That's just a crap ton of fantastic songs over a 3 year period.   Throw in 2 great songs from the Singles soundtrack.   

This is my favorite. It lasts about 3 hours (just think of it as one big song), and is the first and only (so far) time I've seen the guys live. Amazing show.

https://youtu.be/h0WdiSawBPk

Set list: Long Road Release Low Light Interstellar Overdrive (Pink Floyd cover) Corduroy Lightning Bolt Mind Your Manners Given to Fly Getaway Yellow Moon Even Flow Sirens Daughter > W.M.A. Wishlist Infallible Do the Evolution Once 1/2 Full Better Man Go Encore: Bee Girl Around the Bend Future Days Hard to Imagine Footsteps Jeremy Alone Down Unthought Known Porch Encore 2: Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town Spin the Black Circle Alive Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover with Nils Lofgren) Indifference

Not sure which is the best, but my favorites are Immortality, Why Go, Present Tense, Inside Job, Severed Hand, and Not For You.

Also Porch, Grievance, I Got ####, Gone, Alone, Release, Pendulum, Comatose, Off He Goes, In My Tree, Indifference, Blood, Whipping, Garden, Faithfull, The End, Future Days, WMA, Footsteps, Unthought Known, Down, Rearviewmirror and Yellow Ledbetter. And Given to Fly. 

No love for Hail Hail eh? 

That song comes in hot and lyrically and musically keeps punching until the final note. 

ah, is there room for both of us?both of us apart?are we bound out of obligation?is that all we've got?i get the words, and then i get to thinkin'i don't wanna think, i wanna feeland how do i feel?and how do i...if you're the only one, will i never be enough?hail, hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in loveswore i'd love you till the day i die, and beyond..are we going to the same place? if so, can i come?it's egg rolling (?wtf?) thick and heavyall the past you carryoh, i could be new... you underestimate meif you're the only one, will i never be enough?hail, hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in lovei sometimes realize i could only be as good as you'll let meare you woman enough to be my man?bandaged hand in handi find it on the run in a race that can't be wonall hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in loveif you're my only one, so could you only one?i want to be your one, enough...you won, your one, your one

Too hard to pick one from this group: Black, Rearviewmirror, State of Love and Trust, Release

Glad to see they were all given their due by the time I saw this thread.  :headbang:

Have the guitar pick Ed played Rearview Mirror with in Memphis 94. 

A few years later I split with my GF of about 4 years (my sophmore year in college). Happened to have a radio show on WUTK 90FM at the time. Dedicated "Rearview Mirror" to her on air with the line "Saw things so much clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror". 

Phones lit up. I answered and she was screaming at me... I laughed and hung up. That was oddly cathartic... closure by Pearl Jam. 

No love for Hail Hail eh? 

That song comes in hot and lyrically and musically keeps punching until the final note. 

ah, is there room for both of us?both of us apart?are we bound out of obligation?is that all we've got?i get the words, and then i get to thinkin'i don't wanna think, i wanna feeland how do i feel?and how do i...if you're the only one, will i never be enough?hail, hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in loveswore i'd love you till the day i die, and beyond..are we going to the same place? if so, can i come?it's egg rolling (?wtf?) thick and heavyall the past you carryoh, i could be new... you underestimate meif you're the only one, will i never be enough?hail, hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in lovei sometimes realize i could only be as good as you'll let meare you woman enough to be my man?bandaged hand in handi find it on the run in a race that can't be wonall hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in loveif you're my only one, so could you only one?i want to be your one, enough...you won, your one, your one
Also a staple on the '96-'98 bootlegs that has pretty much disappeared from their sets lately. Nice tune, but might not even be top 5 on the No Code album.

Indifference probably the most underrated 

Also I love singing along to Yellow Ledbetter 

They're pretty overrated as far as bands go though.   Everything after Vitology sucks

Indifference probably the most underrated 

Also I love singing along to Yellow Ledbetter 

They're pretty overrated as far as bands go though.   Everything after Vitology sucks
Oh totally. Actually I wasn't even sure they did anything after Vitalogy, I had to Google it just now. 

Love some of those mentioned. RVM, release and porch in particular. 

Animal is great too. 

Users who are viewing this thread